Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,160 members, 7,890,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:50 AM

Between Modern Tithing And The Sale Of Indulgences - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Between Modern Tithing And The Sale Of Indulgences (2112 Views)

Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / A 2-hour Exposition On Tithing And Debate With A Nigerian Tithe Preacher / Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Modern Tithing And The Sale Of Indulgences by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 22, 2010
Please can anyone help me with any single difference between the the abuse of indulgences by the catholic church of the sixteenth century with the modern tithes being preached by today's prosperity preachers.

Agreed the granting of indulgences was abused which led to the protestant reformation,but today's tithing doctrine is ten times worse than the abuses recorded 500 years ago.That now leads me to the question of what Martin Luther achieved with the reformation ?
Re: Between Modern Tithing And The Sale Of Indulgences by KunleOshob(m): 6:46pm On Jun 22, 2010
@chukwudi
I agree with you that the tithing scam is 100 times worse than the sale of indulgence, as per the martin luther reformation it just goes to show that no matter what happens fraudsters would always find a way to commercialize the gospel.
Re: Between Modern Tithing And The Sale Of Indulgences by viaro: 10:42pm On Jun 22, 2010
chukwudi44:

Please can anyone help me with any single difference between the the abuse of indulgences by the catholic church of the sixteenth century with the modern tithes being preached by today's prosperity preachers.

Agreed the granting of indulgences was abused which led to the protestant reformation,but today's tithing doctrine is ten times worse than the abuses recorded 500 years ago.That now leads me to the question of what Martin Luther achieved with the reformation ?

How are the indulgences ten times worse than tithing being preached today?
Re: Between Modern Tithing And The Sale Of Indulgences by ogajim(m): 3:15am On Jun 23, 2010
Brother viaro, I thought we agreed that you were extremely LUCKY to worship where you do, try a Nigerian Church in the UK or USA and let me know if you still feel the same way not to talk of the "Modern Churches of Nigeria limited" that litters Nigeria these days.

The "old" Churches don't focus everything/Sermon on the dollar wink
Re: Between Modern Tithing And The Sale Of Indulgences by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 13, 2012
Just thought I should resurect this thread
Re: Between Modern Tithing And The Sale Of Indulgences by Goshen360(m): 2:59pm On Aug 13, 2012
chukwudi44: Just thought I should resurect this thread

Hmmmmmmm. This is becoming very interesting, tithe topics being resurrected this week. Okay. Tithe, since I found out the truth, is the greatest SCAM in the name of God.
Re: Between Modern Tithing And The Sale Of Indulgences by Ptolomeus(m): 6:56pm On Aug 13, 2012
ogajim: Brother viaro, I thought we agreed that you were extremely LUCKY to worship where you do, try a Nigerian Church in the UK or USA and let me know if you still feel the same way not to talk of the "Modern Churches of Nigeria limited" that litters Nigeria these days.

The "old" Churches don't focus everything/Sermon on the dollar wink

There are many abuses.
I know the situation of a young woman who could not pay tithes, and the pastor was required to pay with se.x.
I do not think that is biblical, not think that's God.
Many pastors do secretly like, or even worse.
I believe Satan has won the majority rule of the churches.
Re: Between Modern Tithing And The Sale Of Indulgences by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2012
[/quote]There are many abuses.
I know the situation of a young woman who could not pay tithes, and the pastor was required to pay with se.x.
I do not think that is biblical, not think that's God.
Many pastors do secretly like, or even worse.
I believe Satan has won the majority rule of the churches.[quote]

I seriously hope u r joking

(1) (Reply)

God Of Vengeance / Mother Theresa Vs. Bishop Oyedepo / Enemies Of Oyedepo; READ THIS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.