Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,324 members, 7,888,027 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:47 PM

Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend (19097 Views)

Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard / My Friend Saw Her Late Mother In HELL FIRE :'( :'( / Update On Gombe Muslim Students That Murdered A Female Christian Teacher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by ricadelide(m): 11:44pm On Apr 26, 2007
IDINRETE:

quote from ricadelide
Their vows are usually of more value to them than their own lives. Deut.23;21 "When thou shalt vow a vow unto the LORD thy God, thou shalt not slack to pay it: for the LORD thy God will surely require it of thee; and it would be sin in thee." There are many other scriptures like this.

thats right there are many other bloody thirsty verses in the scriptures like that, Lord thy God surely require a vow demanding human sacrifice and meaningless killings of Israelites enemies
Being able to read does not translate to being able to understand what it written. The above misinterpretation is a very good example of that malady.
If you dont have anything to say, say nothing; rather than rambling and trying to detract from issues.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by IDINRETE: 2:34pm On Apr 27, 2007
quote@babyosisi
"Is this why your brothers and sisters killed Oluwatoyin and several other thousands.
You've come with the typical Islamic act of changing subjects to score cheap points in the jihad of al-taquiyah.
It may earn you wide eyed virgins and 9 year olds but we know better.
We are not deceived but keep up the entertainment.

Obviously,these are your best contributions on this subject,I am highly impressed and beside myself in awe,what a koranic genius!!"

wow wow wow wow,
where did you notice in my post opening champagne and toasting those callous, murderous, bestial inhuman Gombe Students that killed Oluwatoyin? THEY ARE NOT MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS FOR I AM NOT A MUSLIM AND I WILL NEVER BE ONE, @ricadelide
may be if SISIMOSE did not start the vitriolic attack on Ogun worshipers about human sacrifice, Jephtah and Yahweh would not have come up in the scene, IF YOU CAN MISINTERPRET OTHER PEOPLE'S BELIEF THEN WHY IS IT A MALADY FOR OTHER PEOPLE TO MISINTERPRET YOUR BELIEF SYSTEM?,
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by sisimose(f): 10:34pm On Apr 27, 2007
lmao

what a funny place this is
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by 9ja4eva: 10:37pm On Apr 27, 2007
How u dey now?
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by yongbabe(f): 9:00pm On Apr 28, 2007
@drixie
wat kind of stupid descreated is that
u muslims r killin ppl just because of 1 miserable, stupid book.
muslims are sooo blind!
how can someone decide 2 join a religion that muders ppl in cold
blood in d name of Allah?
its just stupid stupid stupid.
i dont blame most parents 4 stoppin their kids from marrin muslims!

os muslemas são mt cegos! como é q podem matar
por caso dum livro??
eu acho q o mundo seria melhor sem eles!
1 dia estava a ver um programa sobre a religião deles.
e comecei-me a rir pq tudo isso parcia tão estupido!
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by feelgood(m): 7:12pm On Apr 29, 2007
Have the murderers of teacher Toyin been arrested yet?
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by stimulus(m): 7:58pm On Apr 29, 2007
feelgood:

Have the murderers of teacher Toyin been arrested yet?

For where? U neva hear of Qisas?? Dem no go arrest anybodi!! angry
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by feelgood(m): 8:39pm On Apr 29, 2007
Qisas? Sorry, wot does it mean and wot has it got to do with cold blooded murder? Everyone - no matter the persuasion/leaning - agrees that this was wrong.
We aint in animal farm, are we?
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by stimulus(m): 9:50pm On Apr 29, 2007
In an Islamic enclave (rather than in a democratic community), murders committed by Muslims are never charged against the perpetrators. Click here and read more (see Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 1, Book 3, Num. 111 quoted there for the concept of Qisas). undecided
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 29, 2007
let's all have a "handshake" and pretend it did not happen. grin
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by gbadex1(m): 12:58am On Apr 30, 2007
Lmao @ david cheesy
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by babs787(m): 8:40am On Apr 30, 2007
@stimulus

Funny how you just lift any hadith without understanding the reason and circumstances surrounding it.

This is the hadith again:

Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 1, Book 3, Num. 111 -

Narrated Ash-Sha'bi:
Abu Juhaifa said, "I asked Ali, 'Have you got any book (which has been revealed to the Prophet
apart from the Qur'an)?' 'Ali replied, 'No, except Allah's Book or the power of understanding which
has been bestowed (by Allah) upon a Muslim or what is (written) in this sheet of paper (with me).'
Abu Juhaifa said, "I asked, 'What is (written) in this sheet of paper?' Ali replied, it deals with The Diyya
(compensation (blood money) paid by the killer to the relatives of the victim), t[b]he ransom for the
releasing of the captives from the hands of the enemies, and the law that no Muslim should
be killed in Qisas (equality in punishment) for the killing of (a disbeliever).[/
b]

Must you lie or pretend not to understand sentences in order to defame Islam? If not that you are here to make mischief, you would have understood that the incident happened during the wars fought then and I have given you verses forbidding killing and the punishment for killing in Islam.

@davidylan

Its your problem if you do not want to have a handshake. As I do say, nothing moves babs. If you want to continue with the debate or argument rather, babs is here and if its the other way round, babs is available too.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by stimulus(m): 9:59am On Apr 30, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

Must you lie or pretend not to understand sentences in order to defame Islam? If not that you are here to make mischief, you would have understood that the incident happened during the wars fought then and I have given you verses forbidding killing and the punishment for killing in Islam.

Rubbish. You guys pretend with your Islamic propaganda that the Qur'an forbids the killing of non-muslims. If that were true and to be taken seriously, what was Muhammad thinking in saying one thing in the qur'an and saying something totally different in the hadith?? Lifting or not, what we are concerned about in the concept of Qisas is this line -

"the ransom for the releasing of the captives from the hands of the enemies, and the law that no Muslim should be killed in Qisas (equality in punishment) for the killing of (a disbeliever).

What nonsense! I have no problem with Muslims blowing up and sending themselves enmass to hell in queue for their reward of 72 virgins. But to come on board in a public Forum and pretend that Islam "forbids" the killing anyone is absolute rubbish! From where do Muslims get the ideology to go on rmapage killing people in the name of 'Allah' for any stupid perceived excuses? You're only making matters worse by this banality. Go tell that to the grieving families. You tell me - what do you think would have been the typical Muslim reaction or response to non-muslims killing Muslims on the same premise??

And point of correction: I'm not here for mischief, pretences or lies. To have read me or anyone as such is to expose the fact that you're as guilty of your own accusation.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by babs787(m): 12:02pm On Apr 30, 2007
@stimulus

Calm down, hope you are not frustrated (from the tone of your post)? grin grin
]

"the ransom for the releasing of the captives from the hands of the enemies, and the law that no Muslim should be killed in Qisas (equality in punishment) for the killing of (a disbeliever).

I have told you that the incident you quoted happened during the war fought by the Holy Prophet and if you do not understand, try reading it over and over again for understanding.

If you care to know, I and the rest of muslims have told you that no muslim supported the act and have given you enough explanations. So if you are not satisfied, its your problem and not mine. I have told the one that created this thread that no muslim supported the act and even gave you verses from the Quran and Hadith going against that.

Peace.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by stimulus(m): 12:18pm On Apr 30, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

@stimulus

Calm down, hope you are not frustrated (from the tone of your post)? grin grin

Certainly not. Glad to know that my tone sent a message across, though.

babs787:

I have told you that the incident you quoted happened during the war fought by the Holy Prophet and if you do not understand, try reading it over and over again for understanding.

Do you know what it means to take a life on the excuse a so-called desecration of the Qur'an? And for your info, what you're coming back with even makes matters worse. It is the same partisan and slaked response that another Muslim (abdkabir) keeps pandering about in the face of reality that denies this Islamic propaganda.

babs787:

If you care to know, I and the rest of muslims have told you that no muslim supported the act and have given you enough explanations. So if you are not satisfied, its your problem and not mine. I have told the one that created this thread that no muslim supported the act and even gave you verses from the Quran and Hadith going against that.

Peace.

What the creator of the thread did not know is what I posted there. Notice what that part of the hadith states: it is a LAW that no muslim should be killed for killing a disbeliever!! Where in the hadith has that "law" been abrogated; and what is largely responsible for the muslim ideology of killing people at almost every instance of an excuse like that??

You'r trying to sound like this is an isolated case. Whether the originator of the thread knows it or not, this is not an isolated case!! The Islamic world encourages this nonsense and offers a silly "it has been condemned by the entire Muslim world" - as if it changes anything or brings back those who are senselessy murdered in such manner!

Please babs787, there's just no need trying to slake it off for your camp. The act was wrong; and if Muslims actually want to convince the world that the Qur'an has anything to offer in defence against this barbarity, then ARRESTS should be made and the perpetrators brought to justice!! That was the question that prompted my response to remind readers as to WHY no one would be arrested - it is an Islamic LAW!!
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 30, 2007
babs787:

It is the same old cliched response to the violence perpetrated by muslims in the name of "god". Everytime an innocent person is murdered by "allahu akbar" chanting stone age barbarians, their "moderate majority" cousins come out crying about "condemning" the act as if that in anyway brings the dead back to life!
Violence in islam is an IDEOLOGY! Until that is taken care of, you can claim not to support the act until you are blue in the face it does not stop the next innocent soul from being killed by another ever angry mob.
Claiming not to support the act is much more than sitting in your armchair and posting on the net, let the relevant authorities arrest and prosecute the offenders to serve as a detterent!
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by babs787(m): 12:40pm On Apr 30, 2007
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by nossycheek(f): 12:52pm On Apr 30, 2007
babs787:

@stimulus

Funny how you just lift any hadith without understanding the reason and circumstances surrounding it.

This is the hadith again:

Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 1, Book 3, Num. 111 -

Narrated Ash-Sha'bi:
Abu Juhaifa said, "I asked Ali, 'Have you got any book (which has been revealed to the Prophet
apart from the Qur'an)?' 'Ali replied, 'No, except Allah's Book or the power of understanding which
has been bestowed (by Allah) upon a Muslim or what is (written) in this sheet of paper (with me).'
Abu Juhaifa said, "I asked, 'What is (written) in this sheet of paper?' Ali replied, it deals with The Diyya
(compensation (blood money) paid by the killer to the relatives of the victim), t[b]he ransom for the
releasing of the captives from the hands of the enemies, and the law that no Muslim should
be killed in Qisas (equality in punishment) for the killing of (a disbeliever).[/
b]

What has Stimulus said that it is not in the quoted verse?

It is quite appalling that you are the very one that is guilty of quoting the Bible out of context and even modifying just to suit your purpose. And you are now screaming and offering antecedants to the citation. Have you ever bothered to know what gave rise to the several Bible quotations you have been reciting in and out of context? Typical of the muslim lies and propaganda angry
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by gbadex1(m): 1:37pm On Apr 30, 2007
No let us all "shake hands" and sing the Barney Happy Hour Song. . .

Like Fela once put it - "S. A. S >> Suffering And Smiling"!

Like i once said on this forum, it is easier for the "moderate" muslim to talk about peace when you're not at the receiving end of the stick.

Like one Rastaman eruditely put it, "I don't want peace, i want equal rights and justice "
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by pilgrim1(f): 1:43pm On Apr 30, 2007
nossycheek:

What has Stimulus said that it is not in the quoted verse?

It is quite appalling that you are the very one that is guilty of quoting the Bible out of context and even modifying just to suit your purpose. And you are now screaming and offering antecedants to the citation. Have you ever bothered to know what gave rise to the several Bible quotations you have been reciting in and out of context? Typical of the muslim lies and propaganda angry

@nossycheek,

You just took it right out of my mouth! cheesy

The highlighted part of your response is exactly what Muslims have been doing; and until people wake up to the reality Islamic propaganda, many will continue to be fooled.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 30, 2007
gbade. x:

Like i once said on this forum, it is easier for the "moderate" muslim to talk about peace when you're not at the receiving end of the stick.

Chikena! Hit the nail on the head my brother! It is easy to claim to "condemn" acts of terror as long as we are not the ones on the recieving end. since Isreal has been bombing Gaza and Lebanon in retaliation, is anyone of the muslim appologists here crying out for peace?
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by feelgood(m): 11:17pm On Apr 30, 2007
embarassed Never can understand you folks. Just a simple question and everyone goes off tangent and raising the adrenalin. From what I gather from the vitriolic attacks, NOBODY supports the cold blooded murder. So why the abuses etc? You guys sure like to digress.
The question again: has Toyin's murderers been arrested? If yes, thank God. No? then we hope they would be brought to justice soon - that is if they have not gone into hiding.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by DisGuy: 1:20am On May 01, 2007
so who came up with the label 'moderate muslim' and the other one grin

AA: are you guys trying to convert people to your religion or just basically telling them they are evil and you're not
before someone accuse me of 'avoiding the issue' please note the issues have been avoided,turned rephrased infact this thread should be in the general discussion section so no ban me o!
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by belloti(m): 9:12am On May 02, 2007
I guess me and Bro Babs have been saying the wrong thing to the wrong listeners. What am sure you would love to hear is here;

Oh yeah those kids were the bravest islamic jihadist. Its high time we roast all these bloody infidel for their utter disregard for our holy symbols. The kids elsewhere should copy the gombe example and look out for David, noisychick, baby, batu and other unbelievers in their midst. The time to grab the 72 virgins is now or never. Toyin has been taught a lesson.

As long as we did not say this you guys will just keep knocking the issue and refuse to accept what really the muslims said. In islam it is forbidden for anyone to take any innocent live and that is very clear to every muslim, whoever acted in disregard to this, is difinitely on his own and should be brought to justice.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by stimulus(m): 10:20am On May 02, 2007
Oga belloti,

You're still making otiose noise. Where is the justice in this Islamic ideology of cold-blooded murder? What exactly was Toyin's heinous crime that has been so deserving of the treatment by Muslims in the name of 'allah'? Are there no Muslims right there in Gombe that would rest this issue by bringing those "whoever-acted-in-disregard" to justice? What is the meaning of "the Law that no Muslim should be killed in Qisas (equality in punishment) for the killing of (a disbeliever)"??

belloti:

As long as we did not say this you guys will just keep knocking the issue and refuse to accept what really the muslims said. In islam it is forbidden for anyone to take any innocent live and that is very clear to every muslim, whoever acted in disregard to this, is difinitely on his own and should be brought to justice.

This is precisely why no one should wonder that arrests have still not been made!! Murderers in Islam will be allowed to go scotfree, roam our streets for yet more murders, . . . and we will never hear anything better than "they're on their own" - on their own to commit more murders!! Perhaps, if the Muslims in Gombe will make concerted efforts to bring their murderous brethren to justice and convince us that they cannot be left "on their own", then we would put a feather to your cap that Islam is not what is being represented by those "whoever-acted-in-disregard"!!

Sitting down behind a PC and making this hypocritical noise is hardly scoring any points on your apologetics. Just forget this dribbling. The murder was wrong; but the excuses you guys are offering are even WORSE!!

Muslims in Gombe should take the first step to bringing those guys to book - the Muslims there know those murderers. Until that is done, please don't talk about "justice", because you guys have no clue what the first letter of that word means!!
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 02, 2007
belloti:

I guess me and Bro Babs have been saying the wrong thing to the wrong listeners. What am sure you would love to hear is here;

Oh yeah those kids were the bravest islamic jihadist. Its high time we roast all these bloody infidel for their utter disregard for our holy symbols. The kids elsewhere should copy the gombe example and look out for David, noisychick, baby, batu and other unbelievers in their midst. The time to grab the 72 virgins is now or never. Toyin has been taught a lesson.

as long as the sultan and his band of 12th century hypocrites continue to maintain a criminal silence in the face of injustice, murder and intolerance as evinced by the Gombe kids, we will always believe the above as the REAL mind of the muslims who do not cease to decieve us with their "we condemn the murders" hypocrisy.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by mrpataki(m): 2:36pm On May 02, 2007
Truth be told, those young murderous idiots can never be brought to the Book of Justice!
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by belloti(m): 12:53pm On May 03, 2007
Have anyone bothered to find out if these kids are in jail right now or what? I sincerely believe that those kids are not out there on the streets. My condolences to Toyin's family once again.

And David you obviously know what goes around comes around, nobody can reasonably support these kids actions because no one knows the next victim. It could be you or me, murder is always murder and its a heinous crime.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 03, 2007
belloti:

Have anyone bothered to find out if these kids are in jail right now or what? I sincerely believe that those kids are not out there on the streets. My condolences to Toyin's family once again.

And David you obviously know what goes around comes around, nobody can reasonably support these kids actions because no one knows the next victim. It could be you or me, murder is always murder and its a heinous crime.

1. Stop pulling the wool over our eyes, those kids are no where in jail now! Of course they are not there on the streets, they are in their mother's huts busy eating tuwo!

2. Of course we all know the kids and other muslim appologists don't give a hoot about "what goes around comes around", they know christians will merely turn the other cheek.

Please cut out the insincere condolences, that is merely a smokescreen and a ready made excuse for the next victim.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by loveinaso: 3:18pm On May 03, 2007
U nigerians alway find a way, selfishly using religion or tribalism 4 ur own personal interest.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by feelgood(m): 2:46pm On May 04, 2007
Bellotti, how are you? hope you are cool. Good to see u r still on Nairaland. I'm sure the killers must have been arrested now - everybody agrees it was a wicked thing to do. Just don't know why we are angry at one another here - anyway, that's why it is nairaland, no? Still in town or you've permanently relocated to Gusau?
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by somze(f): 10:26pm On May 04, 2007
First of all, my deepest sympathies and condolences to sesin's family and friends. May God comfort you all.

Waiting for moslems (both top islamic clerics and the ones on this forum) to categorically condemn this or any other islamic related violent will prove futile. Islam (as i understand it) gives very little room to question or condemn anything done with islam given as a reason.

The reason why we can look at it in the true light of what it is - criminally inhumane - is either because we are christian or we are exposed.

About jephthah's sacrifice of his daughter - Neither God nor christianity supports it. No where in the bible says that she was actually sacrificed or that it was accepted by God. As a matter of fact places in the bible says God does not accept human sacrifice. He only accepted one - Jesus (his son). If jephthah infact sacrificed his only daughter then it was sinful and wrong. Every and any christian would straight up condemn it in the harshest terms. Would a moslem do same? We all know the answer of that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' / What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry / Is Using Body Spray (Perfume) A Sin Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.