Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,790 members, 7,875,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:37 AM

Isn't It Time Gangling Rashidi Yekini Is Recalled From Retirement? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Isn't It Time Gangling Rashidi Yekini Is Recalled From Retirement? (877 Views)

Weeds Overtake Rashidi Yekini’s House (Photos) / Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) / Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isn't It Time Gangling Rashidi Yekini Is Recalled From Retirement? by isonlagba: 1:26am On Jun 23, 2010
Looking at the way Yakubu, Martins, Victor Nsofor and Chinedu Obasi variously messed up several on-a-platter-gold, begging goal-chances, I could not but reminisce and remember the hay days of the greatest Nigerian striker ever, Rashidi Yekini and how he would have beautifully buried these chances that Yakubu & co repeatedly failed to convert!

Yakubu & co are a complete disgrace to the striking prowess of Rashidi Yekini, a living true legend that could covert one-tenth of a chance into a goal!

It's time the NFF recalls him from retirement to assist in any way possible to salvage our football, especially the goal scoring aspect.

Re: Isn't It Time Gangling Rashidi Yekini Is Recalled From Retirement? by Eeyore1: 12:00pm On Jun 23, 2010
How I wish this wish of yours can come to pass!
Re: Isn't It Time Gangling Rashidi Yekini Is Recalled From Retirement? by Olaolufred(m): 2:22pm On Jun 23, 2010
Fatai Rolling Dollar would be better a striker than Yakubu.
I think it will be a good idea recalling Odegbami and Adokie.
This two could have influenced our win yesterday.
Even Okwaraji's corpse would have scored the goal missed by Yakubu.
May God let me not be yakubued at the point of my breakthrough.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
Re: Isn't It Time Gangling Rashidi Yekini Is Recalled From Retirement? by oriadesoro: 8:42am On Jun 24, 2010
Please I hope nobody here is trying to even compare the great Rashidi Yekini with these present morons, eh? That will be the highest abuse & injustice to the greatest scoring prowess of Yekini!

Ha, Rashidi Yekini would have single-handedly buried all the South Koreans alive! He would have used them to score at least 3 hat tricks, that is, 9 - 0!

He should immediately be recalled to assist in setting up a new Super Eagles team purposed to win the World Cup in 2018 (as I don't think we are prepared for 2014).
Re: Isn't It Time Gangling Rashidi Yekini Is Recalled From Retirement? by folem: 4:08pm On Jun 24, 2010
Yekini was the original Mr Miss it of Nigerian football although he also scored a lot of Goals.

(1) (Reply)

Ghananians Are Angry Over African Footballer Of The Year Award By Caf / Rafael Nadal Beats Roger Federer To Win 6th French Open Title / Mikel Obi Racially Abused In Twitter After His Mistake Against Juve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.