Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,852 members, 7,922,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 05:19 PM

Safe Ways To Find Directions To Any Location - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Safe Ways To Find Directions To Any Location (14073 Views)

Directions To Igando / Help!!! Directions To Nysc Camp Lagos From Oshodi / Directions To Herbert Macaulay Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Safe Ways To Find Directions To Any Location by lonelydora: 5:43am On Aug 15, 2018
NothingDoMe:
Ask police in Nigeria? My brother that it worked for you doesn't mean it will work for others.

Police at checkpoints and Traffic wardens willingly help. From experience.
Re: Safe Ways To Find Directions To Any Location by TheLoser: 5:44am On Aug 15, 2018
HoodBillionaire:
guy fuc off
if u bug nr again.
id trace u n kill u
Hahaha, Alright then
Kill Me? cheesy smiley funny Man
All I wanted was to ask Questions not direct help
Peace
Re: Safe Ways To Find Directions To Any Location by Jobabori(m): 5:46am On Aug 15, 2018
Take a drop inside a motor park or take an Okada from their garrage.
Re: Safe Ways To Find Directions To Any Location by lonelydora: 5:46am On Aug 15, 2018
post=70286133:
Google maps does it for us these days!

It won't tell you how bad the road is, or you show there's a diversion somewhere. Ask policemen they are nice when it comes to offering help.

1 Like

Re: Safe Ways To Find Directions To Any Location by uvie66: 5:50am On Aug 15, 2018
post=70286133:
it is safer and more reliable with Google maps.
Re: Safe Ways To Find Directions To Any Location by okka(m): 5:51am On Aug 15, 2018
Being our brother's keepers is a virtue and commendable. However, our society has been compromised that you cannot trust even a friend anymore.
Thank God for technology, however, if you are using a smart device and you know just the address of your destination, you may use the assistant of Google Map for direction to your destination. I have used it several times!
Type the address on browser and click on direction and leave it on until it you arrive at your destination. It will give you step by step instructions to your intended destination. But you need to have active data subscription and turn on location icon on your device.
See the screen shot pictures down.

1 Like

Re: Safe Ways To Find Directions To Any Location by aalangel(f): 5:58am On Aug 15, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
[img]https:///a/img921/6108/ZjjmtB.jpg[/img]

While I was growing up to officially “become a man”, finding my way around Lagos was a bit difficult. Even as an adult, there are still many people who find it difficult finding their way around, and this is not restricted to Lagos only, just about anywhere !.
I have heard about stories of people who embarked on journeys trying to locate a place and they never came back. Why ?, they most likely asked the wrong people, or didn’t take the safe approach.
Today, I would be sharing safe ways by which you can find directions to any location in the world .

Start From Home
The best and safest places to find and know directions to a place is to ask people you are already familiar with. Your family is a great start, your neighbours are also an excellent option. Just make sure that whoever is giving you direction is sure of what he/she is saying .If they don’t sound sure, ask two or more people(at home) and make sure all their directions are similar(some locations have multiple possible routes).

Ask In Forums
Online forums are very good places to ask for directions, you can’t be misled .If someone attempts to give you a wrong direction, most likely someone else would make a correction to the wrong information. This is one of the easiest and safest on the list.

Ask Police / Military / Traffic Men
Only ask pedestrians for directions, if there is no other choice. The best people to ask for directions on the road are police/military/traffic control men, they would be more than willing to help. I am speaking from experience, and yes , This is Nigeria .

Go To Motor Parks
We can’t deny the fact that Danfo drivers have Google Maps installed in their brains. They know just about anywhere. The precaution here is never ask by the road side, especially at night and early in the morning, some people have been kidnapped in this process. Go into the park and ask for directions !.

Stay safe, and be very careful who you ask for directions.

By Donald3d

https://autojosh.com/safe-ways-to-find-directions-to-any-location/

Motor parks, agberos, your best Google map in Lagos if you're using Transportation.

2 Likes

Re: Safe Ways To Find Directions To Any Location by aalangel(f): 6:01am On Aug 15, 2018
Mynd44:

False.

I have been doing this for the last 10 years. The trick is to be polite as it tends to knock them out.

Greet them, don't touch them or tap then to get attention, let your voice do that and don't grumble, use "please sir, I am going to xyz and I seem to have lost my way"

A lot of Nigerians are rude; very rude, you want to ask for directions yet will be botherline aggressive or maybe we just don't know how to be polite again.

You're rude too, when you ban people...unnecessarily

1 Like

Re: Safe Ways To Find Directions To Any Location by MrCGPA(m): 6:31am On Aug 15, 2018
I don't ask anybody but always use my Google Maps. Somebody in that location can use his /her whatsap to send you Longitude and latitude of the place and you are good to go. The world has evolved beyond asking some criminals to misguide you.
Re: Safe Ways To Find Directions To Any Location by taurusmena1(m): 6:32am On Aug 15, 2018
Or simply ask google
Re: Safe Ways To Find Directions To Any Location by Ovasize(m): 6:41am On Aug 15, 2018
Ask broda shaggy grin
Re: Safe Ways To Find Directions To Any Location by iykejazz: 6:52am On Aug 15, 2018
You can also get directions filling station and find pizza delivery place. They also most times know their way around town!
Re: Safe Ways To Find Directions To Any Location by wiseword316(m): 6:53am On Aug 15, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
[img]https:///a/img921/6108/ZjjmtB.jpg[/img]

While I was growing up to officially “become a man”, finding my way around Lagos was a bit difficult. Even as an adult, there are still many people who find it difficult finding their way around, and this is not restricted to Lagos only, just about anywhere !.
I have heard about stories of people who embarked on journeys trying to locate a place and they never came back. Why ?, they most likely asked the wrong people, or didn’t take the safe approach.
Today, I would be sharing safe ways by which you can find directions to any location in the world .

Start From Home
The best and safest places to find and know directions to a place is to ask people you are already familiar with. Your family is a great start, your neighbours are also an excellent option. Just make sure that whoever is giving you direction is sure of what he/she is saying .If they don’t sound sure, ask two or more people(at home) and make sure all their directions are similar(some locations have multiple possible routes).

Ask In Forums
Online forums are very good places to ask for directions, you can’t be misled .If someone attempts to give you a wrong direction, most likely someone else would make a correction to the wrong information. This is one of the easiest and safest on the list.

Ask Police / Military / Traffic Men
Only ask pedestrians for directions, if there is no other choice. The best people to ask for directions on the road are police/military/traffic control men, they would be more than willing to help. I am speaking from experience, and yes , This is Nigeria .

Go To Motor Parks
We can’t deny the fact that Danfo drivers have Google Maps installed in their brains. They know just about anywhere. The precaution here is never ask by the road side, especially at night and early in the morning, some people have been kidnapped in this process. Go into the park and ask for directions !.

Stay safe, and be very careful who you ask for directions.

By Donald3d

https://autojosh.com/safe-ways-to-find-directions-to-any-location/

You forget to mention to ask a stammerer for direction...
Re: Safe Ways To Find Directions To Any Location by Gkemz: 6:53am On Aug 15, 2018
If you are new or not too familiar with a particular location in the west and the place becomes strange to you, do not ask questions even to that person who looks so innocent. And by the way don't trust them that hunt for skulls to use for ritual. Else you'd be directed to where you'll be butchered. Trust no one in the waste, sorry i mean west.
Use your Google map.
Re: Safe Ways To Find Directions To Any Location by dahme147(m): 6:59am On Aug 15, 2018
post=70286133:

Honestly cant do without google map on a daily...Fantastic app
Re: Safe Ways To Find Directions To Any Location by AndLeo(m): 7:02am On Aug 15, 2018
Before you leave home consult amadioha. He will tell you

1 Like

Re: Safe Ways To Find Directions To Any Location by flames01: 7:12am On Aug 15, 2018
pocohantas:

Let's not be quick to demonise our MIB. They're not all as bad, as we paint them, especially on matters like this. Most Nigerians see police officers and get angry immediately grin. They know this, they're humans too na. Approach them courteously, take a quick glance at his name and call him by his name, politely ask your question[s]. They'll give you a step by step direction, na you go weak sef. They are usually happy that one Nigerian likes them cheesy.

OP, using landmarks helps too. Is there a church close by, a hospital, university, a house that stands out...?etc.

Police will like you because you be woman. I'd rather ask Google Map. It has never failed me
Re: Safe Ways To Find Directions To Any Location by flames01: 7:14am On Aug 15, 2018
Gkemz:
If you are new or not too familiar with a particular location in the west and the place becomes strange to you, do not ask questions even to that person who looks so innocent. And by the way don't trust them that hunt for skulls to use for ritual. Else you'd be directed to where you'll be butchered. Trust no one in the waste, sorry i mean west.
Use your Google map.

What if you find yourself in owerri, the headquarters of ritualised?
Re: Safe Ways To Find Directions To Any Location by donqx: 7:33am On Aug 15, 2018
hmm
Re: Safe Ways To Find Directions To Any Location by JayMarx: 7:35am On Aug 15, 2018
Mynd44:

False.

I have been doing this for the last 10 years. The trick is to be polite as it tends to knock them out.

Greet them, don't touch them or tap then to get attention, let your voice do that and don't grumble, use "please sir, I am going to xyz and I seem to have lost my way"

A lot of Nigerians are rude; very rude, you want to ask for directions yet will be botherline aggressive or maybe we just don't know how to be polite again.
So you're here?
Re: Safe Ways To Find Directions To Any Location by livinbygrace: 7:37am On Aug 15, 2018
Forget all this grammar ,the best way to locate any location is to use Okada man or go to garage and ask those agberos,they will direct you.

1 Like

Re: Safe Ways To Find Directions To Any Location by Saxifrage12(m): 10:38am On Aug 15, 2018
google map is there for you
Re: Safe Ways To Find Directions To Any Location by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 15, 2018
Yinxies:
I ask for direction from friends who might know the place even before I leave my house.

In Lagos, people may think you are a fraudster or kidnapper...
My dear, no one leaves the house to a place he isn't familiar with, without due diligence.
Nigerians are just generally poor in spatial recognition just as spiritedtete has explained.
To the average Nigerian, the key is : Ask before leaving home, when you eventually get to the confusing part of the description, ask again from a good citizen. Our poor town planning doesn't help matters either.

1 Like

Re: Safe Ways To Find Directions To Any Location by lorhema(f): 12:13pm On Aug 15, 2018
Mynd44:

False.

I don't think Nigerians are rude. I find Lagosians rude. Have been observing them and guess it's linked to to aggression they live with daily.

1 Like

Re: Safe Ways To Find Directions To Any Location by iamjustified(m): 1:09pm On Aug 15, 2018
i AGREE WITH YOU OP. MATT 7:7

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Country Is It Easy To Get A Visa / Accident At Ojuwo-olijo In Kogi, Car Burnt (Photos) / Train Services Resume On Kaduna-Abuja Route With Low Passenger Turnout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.