Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,892 members, 7,966,334 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 12:46 PM

Report: Lagos Is Third Worst City To Live In The World - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Report: Lagos Is Third Worst City To Live In The World (805 Views)

Mile 2 Fire Situation Report: Lagos State Fire & Rescue Service / Nigeria Third Worst Governed Country In The World - CGGI / Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Report: Lagos Is Third Worst City To Live In The World by iykecicero: 11:01am On Aug 14, 2018
People living in Lagos, Nigeria’s economic capital, are inhabiting the third worst city for humans to live in the world.

This is according to the newly released ranking of the 2018 Global Liveability Index released by The Economist Intelligence Unit and World Bank.

Lagos ranked 138 out of the 140 cities considered for the ranking.

The only cities which were scored lower than Lagos on the ranking are Syria and Bangladesh, both cities have been plagued with unrest in recent times.

The ranking is based on five parameters: Political and Social Stability, Education, Culture, Environment, Infrastructure and Access to Healthcare.

Vienna, the Austrian capital, was ranked the most liveable city in the world.

“Every city is assigned a rating of relative comfort for over 30 qualitative and quantitative factors across five broad categories: stability, healthcare, culture and environment, education, and infrastructure,” the report read.

“Each factor in a city is rated as acceptable, tolerable, uncomfortable, undesirable or intolerable. For qualitative indicators, a rating is awarded based on the judgment of in-house analysts and in-city contributors.”

In the Stability category, the following were considered: prevalence of petty crime, the prevalence of violent crime, the threat of terror, threat of military conflict and the threat of civil unrest.

For Health rating, the following were considered: availability of private healthcare, quality of private healthcare, availability of public healthcare, quality of public healthcare and availability of over-the-counter drugs.

Humidity/temperature rating, discomfort of climate to travellers, level of corruption, social or religious restrictions, level of censorship, sporting availability, cultural availability, food & drink and consumer goods & services were considered for the Culture and Environment rating.

Availability of private education, quality of private education, public education indicators were used for the Education rating.

For Infrastructure, the quality of road network, quality of public transport, quality of international links, availability of good quality housing, quality of energy provision, quality of water provision and quality of telecommunications were considered.

https://www.thecable.ng/report-lagos-third-worst-city-live-world

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Report: Lagos Is Third Worst City To Live In The World by raymexx: 11:11am On Aug 14, 2018
okk
Re: Report: Lagos Is Third Worst City To Live In The World by izombie(m): 11:17am On Aug 14, 2018
Before nko. Anytime i visit naija na run i dey take run leave lagos. A city for not more than 4 million people has over 20million staying in it. Lagos remains the worst city i have visited so far.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report: Lagos Is Third Worst City To Live In The World by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:18am On Aug 14, 2018
....and some deluded Nigerian will believe the above rubbish.

here are some countries below, not even cities, worst than Lagos to live in:
Afghanistan
Irak
Iran
North Korea
Libya
Pakistan
Sudan
Yemen
Burma
Venezuela
Macedonia
Uzbekistan

go believe the above OP's rubbish about Lagos at your own peril!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report: Lagos Is Third Worst City To Live In The World by ChidiAlaigbo: 11:22am On Aug 14, 2018
IGBO! IGBO!! IGBO!!!

Time to go home please......stop suffocating our sweet Yoruba territory. Carry una wahala go!

1 Like

Re: Report: Lagos Is Third Worst City To Live In The World by okachie1(m): 11:28am On Aug 14, 2018
izombie:
Before nko. Anytime i visit naija na run i dey take run leave lagos. A city for not more than 4 million people has over 20million staying in it. Lagos remains the worst city i have visited so far.
I don't even route my tickets through Lagos any longer Abuja is Bae! Lagos is saturated with humans.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Report: Lagos Is Third Worst City To Live In The World by Xander85: 11:31am On Aug 14, 2018
You mean Mogadishu is more liveable than Lagos?
Re: Report: Lagos Is Third Worst City To Live In The World by Xander85: 11:34am On Aug 14, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

Afghanistan
Irak
Iran
North Korea
Libya
Pakistan
Sudan
Yemen
Burma
Venezuela
Macedonia
Uzbekistan

This is how people fail exam! The topic for discussion are worst cities in the world to live in, not countries!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report: Lagos Is Third Worst City To Live In The World by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:41am On Aug 14, 2018
Xander85:

This is how people fail exam! The topic for discussion are worst cities in the world to live in, not countries!

if you understood English, you would have seen that i purposely mentionned "countries, not even cities", duh!

meaning that their ENTIRE country is worst than the city of Lagos!

...as if there was anything to discuss with the above rubbish statement.

10 Likes

Re: Report: Lagos Is Third Worst City To Live In The World by afroniger: 11:42am On Aug 14, 2018
We don hear o. Since Abuja is now the FCT, people should please relocate there en-masse and decongest Lagos for sanity to reign there please. Lasgidi for life. The place is choked up though.

8 Likes

Re: Report: Lagos Is Third Worst City To Live In The World by paulsibility(m): 11:53am On Aug 14, 2018
lagos wey sweet die.... rubbish ranking.

7 Likes

Re: Report: Lagos Is Third Worst City To Live In The World by knowledgeable: 12:07pm On Aug 14, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

Afghanistan
Irak
Iran
North Korea
Libya
Pakistan
Sudan
Yemen
Burma
Venezuela
Macedonia
Uzbekistan

You are a horrible liar. Lagos is truly worst than is described. Nigeria now is the extreme poverty capital of the world overtaking India which is 7 times your size. If your lieing nature will permit you to do a little bit arithmetic, you will understand that at 7 times poorer than india when they held that position and Lagos being the most populated(20 million estimate) state with power supply of less than 4 thousand kilowatts, worst infrastructure etc, you will quickly reach a conclusion that the environment there could be worst than the war thorn places like Bagdad, Afghanistan, Libya(some Nigerians there facing slavery don't want to come back). All those countries you lie about, Nigerians will rush for their visas in other to escape the hell.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report: Lagos Is Third Worst City To Live In The World by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:17pm On Aug 14, 2018
knowledgeable:

You are a horrible liar. Lagos is truly worst than is described. Nigeria now is the extreme poverty capital of the world overtaking India which is 7 times your size. If your lieing nature will permit you to do a little bit arithmetic, you will understand that at 7 times poorer than india when they held that position and Lagos being the most populated(20 million estimate) state with power supply of less than 4 thousand kilowatts, worst infrastructure etc, you will quickly reach a conclusion that the environment there could be worst than the war thorn places like Bagdad, Afghanistan, Libya(some Nigerians there facing slavery don't want to come back). All those countries you lie about, Nigerians will rush for their visas in other to escape the hell.

people tend to think that the grass is greener on the other side, while they have never set foot outside Nigeria. they will run to Libya, then come back with their tail between their legs understanding that life in Lagos is 10times better than the hell they went through....so again, let me be clear on something.....ANY OF THE ABOVE PLACE I MENTION ARE WORST THAT NIGERIA. you can believe otherwise if you wish, you are entitled to your opinion, but that is MY OPINION.

now i have never been to Irak nor many of the god forsaken places in my list, but i can tell you for a damn FACT, that Venezuela (where i have been before) is WORST than Nigeria in so many ways, and the only positive thing about that country is the beauty of its women which is second to none. but hey, by all means continue believing that Lagos is the 3rd worst city in the world..... whatever makes you happy bro!

btw many people in these BS countries enduring slavery dont want to come back to Nigeria due to the SHAME, and certainly not because these place are heaven. many move to places like UK/US to clean people's assses and/or living miserable lives from paycheck to paycheck, and just as the Libyan slaves, the SHAME of coming back home from these fancy places with NOTHING TO SHOW FOR, is the reason why they stay back enduring lives that i would consider miserable (aka illegal immigrants no better than slaves getting peanuts). get your facts right!

6 Likes

Re: Report: Lagos Is Third Worst City To Live In The World by Xander85: 1:11pm On Aug 14, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

if you understood English, you would have seen that i purposely mentionned "countries, not even cities", duh!

meaning that their ENTIRE country is worst than the city of Lagos!

...as if there was anything to discuss with the above rubbish statement.

With all due respect, you needn't have mentioned 'countries' for anyone with even half a brain to know that's what you're referring to! You're just not making sense!

Just admit you were wrong and move on instead of digging an even deeper hole for yourself!

I can imagine the type of mofos that are giving you all those silly likes....7 at the last count!
Re: Report: Lagos Is Third Worst City To Live In The World by KwoiZabo(m): 1:15pm On Aug 14, 2018
Later, they will tell us that Lagos is developed because it has never been governed by PDP. Look at what a state not governed by APC is winning.

https://guardian.ng/property/c25-property/enugu-34-others-emerge-rockefeller-100-resilient-cities/

https://www.nairaland.com/2031155/enugu-makes-history-joins-worlds
Re: Report: Lagos Is Third Worst City To Live In The World by MemeKing: 1:15pm On Aug 14, 2018
It only Lagos that is ranked in Nigeria , they don't even see any city in Nigeria again apart from Lagos , all others are just villages grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report: Lagos Is Third Worst City To Live In The World by tstx(m): 1:35pm On Aug 14, 2018
Re: Report: Lagos Is Third Worst City To Live In The World by Jokerman(m): 1:48pm On Aug 14, 2018
Lol... idi araba is one of the worst places in Lagos.... cursed wicked govt in Nigeria....
Re: Report: Lagos Is Third Worst City To Live In The World by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:09pm On Aug 14, 2018
Xander85:

With all due respect, you needn't have mentioned 'countries' for anyone with even half a brain to know that's what you're referring to! You're just not making sense!

Just admit you were wrong and move on instead of digging an even deeper hole for yourself!

I can imagine the type of mofos that are giving you all those silly likes....7 at the last count!

i guess ENGLISH was not your best subject in school....anyway, trying to explain the use of commas, to emphasize my point, would certainly be too difficult for you to understand, thus i am not even gonna waste time trying.... so i will write again what i initially wrote.....go ask a wiser friend to translate it for you:

MrBrownJay1:

just because you dont understand English shouldnt be a reason to view what i wrote as an error.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

One Of It’s Kind On Planet Earth Kura General Hospital Kano / Nigerian Air Force Destroys BHTs Vehicles, Neutralizes Several at Zari, Borno. / Leave Orji Alone - PDP Tells EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.