Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,594 members, 7,972,195 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 06:22 AM

35 Feared Killed As Bridge Collapses In Italy (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 35 Feared Killed As Bridge Collapses In Italy (Photos) (22383 Views)

2 Injured As Bridge Collapse In Osun (Photos) / Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) / Ship Loses Control Like "Plane Crash" In Italy (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 35 Feared Killed As Bridge Collapses In Italy (Photos) by lawalosky(m): 6:01am On Aug 15, 2018
nero2face:
good morning fellow compatriot
morning dear, how's ur9t bro
Re: 35 Feared Killed As Bridge Collapses In Italy (Photos) by Nobody: 6:16am On Aug 15, 2018
I am worried about what will happen to all this bridge in Nigeria once they begin to go bad.
we can't replace our bad road is bridge the we will replace
Re: 35 Feared Killed As Bridge Collapses In Italy (Photos) by newoffer: 6:18am On Aug 15, 2018
Born2Breed:
What a tragic incident. I trust Julius Berger our bridges will last 100yrs. But these new chinese companies building everywhere I doubt their competency.
. Chinese bridge u say. me dey fear o. China

2 Likes

Re: 35 Feared Killed As Bridge Collapses In Italy (Photos) by Tobiemmanuel007: 6:24am On Aug 15, 2018
Nwodosis:
Our own natural and artificial disaster down here has been Fulani herdsmen!

And the politicians
Re: 35 Feared Killed As Bridge Collapses In Italy (Photos) by popcykaylah(m): 6:28am On Aug 15, 2018
Rip to the dead and may God heal the world. If na naija now we go don bring politics into this..
Re: 35 Feared Killed As Bridge Collapses In Italy (Photos) by Tobiemmanuel007: 6:28am On Aug 15, 2018
Very sad embarassed

RIP to the dead
Re: 35 Feared Killed As Bridge Collapses In Italy (Photos) by goddy19: 6:33am On Aug 15, 2018
Rip.. May their soul rest in peace
Re: 35 Feared Killed As Bridge Collapses In Italy (Photos) by iamfromlagos(f): 6:39am On Aug 15, 2018
Nwodosis:
Don't forget our Politicians too.
Re: 35 Feared Killed As Bridge Collapses In Italy (Photos) by kingthreat(m): 6:41am On Aug 15, 2018
Pavore9:
“I have crossed that bridge hundreds of times,” he said. “Now, as an Italian citizen, I will do everything to get the names and surnames of the managers responsible, past and present, because it is unacceptable to die like that in Italy.”.......This is not the kind of statement one hears in Nigeria.

Exactly. Here we need someone to bear the blame. Infact if it happened in Nigeria, jobless youths will go around the place insulting Buhari and if it were 4 years ago, they would put the fire on Jonathan. They dont understand that sometimes accidents occur and humans can be defenseless too

1 Like

Re: 35 Feared Killed As Bridge Collapses In Italy (Photos) by AfonjaSlaves(f): 6:49am On Aug 15, 2018
zai Barbar don carry his badluck reach Italy
Re: 35 Feared Killed As Bridge Collapses In Italy (Photos) by oladele00(m): 7:02am On Aug 15, 2018
No one is shouting Sergio Mattarella is responsible for the lost of lives but if it were to be ojuelegba bridge that collapse now, buhari's name will be shouted and be painted black for the world to see... RIP to deads and God bless the President of the federal republic of Nigeria... Sai baba till 2023
Re: 35 Feared Killed As Bridge Collapses In Italy (Photos) by Ikpongiton: 7:04am On Aug 15, 2018
i'm really afraid because the mile one flyover,in port harcourt was done by an italian firm called guffanti.rivers state government should take note.

1 Like

Re: 35 Feared Killed As Bridge Collapses In Italy (Photos) by Haphard(m): 7:05am On Aug 15, 2018
The fault goes to the designer that design the bridge
Re: 35 Feared Killed As Bridge Collapses In Italy (Photos) by alen4smith(m): 7:10am On Aug 15, 2018
G1STMORE:
GistMore.com

A motorway bridge has collapsed in the northwest Italian city of Genoa and fire brigade sources said 35 people were believed killed as vehicles plummeted to the ground, British Broadcasting Corporation reported.

Dramatic video footage captured the moment of the disaster when one of the huge supporting towers crashed down during torrential rain.

Vehicles and debris fell 45m (148ft) on to rail tracks, buildings and a river.

The official death toll was given as 22 on Tuesday evening by the Governor of Liguria region, Giovanni Toti, but he warned the number would “certainly rise significantly.”

Fire brigade sources told Ansa that 35 people were dead and 12 missing.

Searches for people trapped in the rubble are expected to go into the night.

Fears that other parts of the bridge might fall had prompted the evacuation of buildings in the area, a rescuer told Italy’s Ansa news agency.

Interior Minister Matteo Salvini promised that anyone found to be responsible for the bridge collapse would be held to account.

“I have crossed that bridge hundreds of times,” he said. “Now, as an Italian citizen, I will do everything to get the names and surnames of the managers responsible, past and present, because it is unacceptable to die like that in Italy.”

A representative of the motorway’s operator, Autostrade, told Reuters there had been “no reason to consider the bridge was dangerous”.

“We saw lightning strike the bridge,” eyewitness Pietro M all’Asa, was quoted as saying by Ansa.

BY GISTMORE :: https://gistmore.com/35-feared-killed-bridge-collapses-italy-photos
Buhari why? grin grin grin
Re: 35 Feared Killed As Bridge Collapses In Italy (Photos) by Ikpongiton: 7:31am On Aug 15, 2018
Segz252525:
If this happened in Nigeria, some people will have blamed buhari grin grin..
RIP cry
buhari government has not done or complete any reasonable project not to talk of bridge.it is only people like,balewa,gowon,obasanjo,babangida,abacha and jonathan that has done major projects.buhari is a dunce and liability.

1 Like

Re: 35 Feared Killed As Bridge Collapses In Italy (Photos) by Xmen149(m): 7:59am On Aug 15, 2018
Nwodosis:

and politicians cheesy
Re: 35 Feared Killed As Bridge Collapses In Italy (Photos) by Horus(m): 8:00am On Aug 15, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO_tNgPCVi8

Genoa Bridge Collapses In Italy
Re: 35 Feared Killed As Bridge Collapses In Italy (Photos) by TheAlchemist: 9:00am On Aug 15, 2018
Haphard:
The fault goes to the designer that design the bridge

I think the fault should lie with the maintenance crew or those who evaluate the safety of the bridges on a periodic basis.
Re: 35 Feared Killed As Bridge Collapses In Italy (Photos) by iamjustified(m): 1:11pm On Aug 15, 2018
WARNING TO THIRD MAINLAND BRIDGE. YOU MUST NOT FALL O!!!

Re: 35 Feared Killed As Bridge Collapses In Italy (Photos) by Greatzeus(m): 1:52pm On Aug 15, 2018
That collapsed bridge reminds me of final destination

(1) (2) (Reply)

Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos / The deplorable state of some Roads In Nigeria (video/pictures) / Update On Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway Project (Video, Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.