Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,458 members, 7,937,387 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 11:30 PM

See Water Fetched From A Tap In OAU (Obafemi Awolowo University) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See Water Fetched From A Tap In OAU (Obafemi Awolowo University) (29121 Views)

Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) / Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) / How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Water Fetched From A Tap In OAU (Obafemi Awolowo University) by Oluwatosin678(m): 10:04am On Aug 16, 2018
so called Oba Awan University..... typhoid smiling at dem like Saraki smiling at Osho-imole
Re: See Water Fetched From A Tap In OAU (Obafemi Awolowo University) by guuudy87(m): 10:11am On Aug 16, 2018
Go and watch ultimate survival on discovery family and you'll understand that that water is drinkable
Re: See Water Fetched From A Tap In OAU (Obafemi Awolowo University) by 3kay945(m): 10:15am On Aug 16, 2018
Ordinary clean tap water una cannot provide... Nigeria I hail dee
Re: See Water Fetched From A Tap In OAU (Obafemi Awolowo University) by Curry30: 10:52am On Aug 16, 2018
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:
undecided

Great ife

Formerly grin
Re: See Water Fetched From A Tap In OAU (Obafemi Awolowo University) by Wisebisho: 10:53am On Aug 16, 2018
You should be happy that you now get Lipton tea from your school.. No need of buying Lipton again, just add some sugar and your Lipton tea is done.
Re: See Water Fetched From A Tap In OAU (Obafemi Awolowo University) by Originalsly: 10:53am On Aug 16, 2018
OP....modify...you posted the wrong pix....can we see the one with water from the tap...for cooking and bathing?
Re: See Water Fetched From A Tap In OAU (Obafemi Awolowo University) by IbnIbrahim: 11:22am On Aug 16, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

There is no evidence that you fetched this from a tap.
If there is no evidence on the picture, I am telling you for free that the picture depicts the reality of what is actually happening in OAU.
Re: See Water Fetched From A Tap In OAU (Obafemi Awolowo University) by Fash20: 11:49am On Aug 16, 2018
Reference:
And yet will be insulting private universities as glorified secondary schools. Is OAU not a glorified medium security prison then.

Government has no business running universities. The production of graduates is and should be a business venture involving investments and expected returns then we will get it right. University education is not and will never be a social service. The responsibility of government should end at basic education so that value is properly generated and a country is operating at its optimun capacity. A situation where a government will expend billions to raise graduates without getting a commensurate return by engaging them in productive ventures from which it can recover its investment through taxation is bound to bankrupt even the biggest reserve.

Today because of free higher education the vastly superior fields of apprenticeship, practical skills aquisition, indigenous technology development which all are the building blocks of modern economies have gone to rot in Nigeria, slayed on the altar of non functional certificates from institutions that produce gradutaes who when lucky will work under the supervision of apprentices and technicians from abroad, consume foreign goods and services made by apprentices in industry abroad and pay them handsomely too while they sink deeper and deeper in poverty.

The picture above is symptomatic of a failed system. A potential graduate complaining about not being able to enjoy a service he should be finding a solution to. The government is investing so much in you to find solutions to the problems besetting this country not complain about them. What are you a potential graduate for then.... wasted investment. College education is highly overrated in Nigeria.

thats harsh but but still fair enough. bitter truth.
Re: See Water Fetched From A Tap In OAU (Obafemi Awolowo University) by Reference(m): 12:34pm On Aug 16, 2018
Fash20:

thats harsh but but still fair enough. bitter truth.

Life in Nigeria is harsh my dear but only us can cgange that. No one else. If my college degree cannot bring about socuak cyange and I cannot solve a problem like that depicted, my 'certificate' is useless and I am not worth the amounts government spent in subsidising my education, so I am angry about these things everyday waking day.

1 Like

Re: See Water Fetched From A Tap In OAU (Obafemi Awolowo University) by mtec: 2:12pm On Aug 16, 2018
pacifust058:
This water was fetched from a tap at Fajuyi Hall, OAU..
Imagine students drinking and using this water for cooking
wetin come concern me
Re: See Water Fetched From A Tap In OAU (Obafemi Awolowo University) by Harry00(m): 2:19pm On Aug 16, 2018
Tolexander:
You aren't happy fetching tea from your school tank free of charge.
oboy you dey funny Lol
Re: See Water Fetched From A Tap In OAU (Obafemi Awolowo University) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 16, 2018
Nigerian Universities is a joke to mankind. I don't know why they can't just put this country on sale so the whites can buy it and turn it into a first world country. It's really sad. angry
Re: See Water Fetched From A Tap In OAU (Obafemi Awolowo University) by DaRuud(m): 11:17pm On Aug 16, 2018
pacifust058:
This water was fetched from a tap at Fajuyi Hall, OAU..
Imagine students drinking and using this water for cooking

There are two wonders in OAU , Prof Knackinde and the tap water
Re: See Water Fetched From A Tap In OAU (Obafemi Awolowo University) by Elgringo(m): 6:15am On Aug 17, 2018
Tolexander:
You aren't happy fetching tea from your school tank free of charge.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Human Sexuality: Federal University Of Lafia Exam Questions / 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High / Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.