Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,823 members, 7,872,757 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:13 PM

Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos (41290 Views)

Photo Of The 17-Year-Old Girl Who Stabbed Her Neighbour To Death In Kano / Temitayo Ogunbus Stabs Neighbour To Death Over Electricity Bill (Graphic Photos) / Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 15, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
A man who was falsely accused and imprisoned for "killing his neighbour" after taking her to the hospital, has regained his freedom after two years.  The man identified as Mr Chidiebere Onwumere, a native of Umuagbaghagha village in Osisioma local government area of Abia state, was jailed after being accused of killing his neighbour, late Uzochi Chinyere, who lived in same compound with him.

Narrating his ordeal to Abia Facts Newspaper after his release from Nigerian prisons in Afara, Umuahia on Tuesday, Mr Chidiebere who was full of praises to God for vindicating him after two years of suffering for a crime he knew nothing about, said it was in his bid to save a neighbour that caused him to suffer this injustice.

He said,  "I came back to where I was residing at Umujiji, Isiahia Osisioma around 6pm after 2 weeks in my village where I went to harvest and process palm fruits only to see my neighbour lying helpless and very weak and I decided to assist her to the hospital with the help of other neighbours since none of her blood relations was around".

"A pastor who resides within the neigbourhood took us with his car to a nearby hospital called Shiloh hospital where the doctor after examining him asked us to deposit 5000 naira to enable him conduct a text that will determine exactly what was wrong with her, I and some other neighbours contributed the money and made the deposit, when the result came out the doctor told us that she was on substance overdose and was knocked out by the illegal substance, he assured us that he will treat her and she will be well again".

"The next morning Mr Promise the elder brother to the deceased, arrived the hospital and insisted on taking her away to another hospital against the doctor’s advice, but he insisted and took her to an unknown destination".

"After a few days Promise came back to our compound and took me to World Bank police station Aba where he handed me over to the police claiming that I beat her sister to death".

"Despite pleas by neigbours and other relations of the deceased that my hands are clean and that there was a doctors report stating that their sister died of substance abuse, Promise insisted and filed a murder charge against me and I was arraigned on suit no. U/520c/2016 and remanded in prison custody since June 2016 till date if not for Barrister Jerry Uzosike who God used to vindicate and bring me out of prison today".

Barrister Uzosike after leading Chidiebere out of prison asked him to go home to his family and reintegrate himself back into the society,insisting that the system must seek ways to not only address such injustice but design a befitting compensation for victims of injustice.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/08/man-spends-two-years-in-prison-after-taking-neighbour-to-hospital-photos.html

Credit; Abia Facts

buhari is a bascard...grin
Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by shotuns: 12:55am On Aug 16, 2018
Respect your elders. Oni agba Ni le Ni. . .. Eranko Omo alaileko. . . .

abokibuhari:
Buhari ko ni da fun e
Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by Nobody: 12:58am On Aug 16, 2018
Everything is so wrong with this country.. The former judge who found him guilty, the stûpid police force who couldnt conduct proper investigations with easily available leads from the initial medical report & the so called diabolic brother of the deceased should be made to face the full consequences of their actions & inaction. This country is just so so backward... A real shîthhole country being run by shithole individuals who are mainly only educated in paper but not in the real sense of it running ever goddamn organisation in this godforsaken mess called Nigeria angry
Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by Nobody: 1:19am On Aug 16, 2018
I should start learning to strictly mind my business.
Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by stieyven(m): 1:28am On Aug 16, 2018
abokibuhari:
Buhari ko ni da fun e
Love your enemies and bless those who curse you and pray for those who despitefully use you. LUKE 6 :28
Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by Gboliwe: 2:13am On Aug 16, 2018
How will one read this and still want to help?
Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by begge: 5:13am On Aug 16, 2018
A babarian country
Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by Pat081: 5:15am On Aug 16, 2018
LuciferKristi:
Why is he smiling?

Is he aware Buhari is now President?

I give him three weeks, he'll be begging to go back to jail.
but u and ur family members re still ve freedom now ?so ve dnt u move dem to cell so that you will have d free food
Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by onunwa21(m): 6:47am On Aug 16, 2018
Nigeria judiciary system!!! Zero
Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by Dolapoajanaku: 7:06am On Aug 16, 2018
Good for you
Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:16am On Aug 16, 2018
eleko1:
sad see the wickedness of fellow fl@theads.FEAR IPOB JUDAHS
You're hopelessly insane. I don't pity you but I pity whoever gave birth to a thing like you
Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by iamhorseman(m): 8:44am On Aug 16, 2018
abokibuhari:
Buhari ko ni da fun e
what is Buhari's matter in this issue?
Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by DJInfluence: 9:15am On Aug 16, 2018
WTF!!!
Please sue the police and all involved for wrongful imprisonment…. what nonsense police force we have. They hardly investigate anything.
Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by dominique(f): 11:25am On Aug 16, 2018
MartinCorridon:
I read ALL the comments here.

WOW. Just because an ex convict claims he was innocent of a crime, it means he is?

If you have a good lawyer, you might escape a sentence even when guilty.

I am not saying he is guilty / innocent but i am shocked at how gullible Nigerians generally are.

He wasn't exonerated by DNA evidence ooo. Do you expect him to plead GUILTY if guilty, out of abundant honesty?.

Majority of our people are not critical thinkers and can be overly sensitive. None of them bothered to ask why he was the only person arrested, why not the pastor that drove them to the hospital in his car or other neighbours that contributed towards her treatment? Why ONLY him? Not saying he's guilty but there is a lot more to what happened than he's letting out
Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by Ojiofor: 12:35pm On Aug 16, 2018
The guy look healthy very much unlike Afara inmates.
Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by JoseRaji(m): 1:59pm On Aug 16, 2018
LuciferKristi:
Why is he smiling?

Is he aware Buhari is now President?

I give him three weeks, he'll be begging to go back to jail.
Buhari became president on 2015. This guy has been in prison since 2016.
Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by SarakiBukola: 3:43pm On Aug 16, 2018
dominique:

Majority of our people are not critical thinkers and can be overly sensitive. None of them bothered to ask why he was the only person arrested, why not the pastor that drove them to the hospital in his car or other neighbours that contributed towards her treatment? Why ONLY him? Not saying he's guilty but there is a lot more to what happened than he's letting out

LOL. Thanks for the comment. I felt i was running crazy reading naive comment after comment. I wonder why critical thinking is so hard for most Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by Kyari79(m): 6:43pm On Jan 18, 2020
We Muslims take such as an examines from Allah
Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by PatriotTemidayo: 6:56pm On Jan 18, 2020
And where is the elder brother that wrongly accused you? Shouldn't the man be punished?
Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by luluosas(m): 7:05pm On Jan 18, 2020
Our laws are awkward. Na waoh
Re: Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos by losky83: 11:57pm On Jan 18, 2020
ChangeIsCostant:
A man who was falsely accused and imprisoned for "killing his neighbour" after taking her to the hospital, has regained his freedom after two years.  The man identified as Mr Chidiebere Onwumere, a native of Umuagbaghagha village in Osisioma local government area of Abia state, was jailed after being accused of killing his neighbour, late Uzochi Chinyere, who lived in same compound with him.

Narrating his ordeal to Abia Facts Newspaper after his release from Nigerian prisons in Afara, Umuahia on Tuesday, Mr Chidiebere who was full of praises to God for vindicating him after two years of suffering for a crime he knew nothing about, said it was in his bid to save a neighbour that caused him to suffer this injustice.

He said,  "I came back to where I was residing at Umujiji, Isiahia Osisioma around 6pm after 2 weeks in my village where I went to harvest and process palm fruits only to see my neighbour lying helpless and very weak and I decided to assist her to the hospital with the help of other neighbours since none of her blood relations was around".

"A pastor who resides within the neigbourhood took us with his car to a nearby hospital called Shiloh hospital where the doctor after examining him asked us to deposit 5000 naira to enable him conduct a text that will determine exactly what was wrong with her, I and some other neighbours contributed the money and made the deposit, when the result came out the doctor told us that she was on substance overdose and was knocked out by the illegal substance, he assured us that he will treat her and she will be well again".

"The next morning Mr Promise the elder brother to the deceased, arrived the hospital and insisted on taking her away to another hospital against the doctor’s advice, but he insisted and took her to an unknown destination".

"After a few days Promise came back to our compound and took me to World Bank police station Aba where he handed me over to the police claiming that I beat her sister to death".

"Despite pleas by neigbours and other relations of the deceased that my hands are clean and that there was a doctors report stating that their sister died of substance abuse, Promise insisted and filed a murder charge against me and I was arraigned on suit no. U/520c/2016 and remanded in prison custody since June 2016 till date if not for Barrister Jerry Uzosike who God used to vindicate and bring me out of prison today".

Barrister Uzosike after leading Chidiebere out of prison asked him to go home to his family and reintegrate himself back into the society,insisting that the system must seek ways to not only address such injustice but design a befitting compensation for victims of injustice.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/08/man-spends-two-years-in-prison-after-taking-neighbour-to-hospital-photos.html

Credit; Abia Facts

I do not understand.you had witnesses and even a doctor's report but you still went to prison.maybe you did not get a lawyer at the start or else they would have paid you for false allegation. Except you actually beat her.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Used Drones And Tracker To Recover Stolen Vehicle In Lagos / Nigerian Man Abroad Asking Herbalist To Make Woman & Her Kids Mad (Video) / Gunmen Kill Imo Accountant-General's Brother (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.