Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,693 members, 7,926,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 06:18 AM

Ghana Kicks Glo Out ! <<Misleading Title>> - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Kicks Glo Out ! <<Misleading Title>> (806 Views)

LIVE ON NTA: Senate Kicks Against Petition Submitted Against Rotimi Amaechi / Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General / Al-jazeera’s Report On State Of Emergency Misleading – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Ghana Kicks Glo Out ! <<Misleading Title>> by mikuz(m): 11:24pm On Jun 23, 2010
Re: Ghana Kicks Glo Out ! <<Misleading Title>> by dominique(f): 11:46pm On Jun 23, 2010
such a bunch of ingrates. after pumping all that money on their local league. i suppose they'll be kicking silverbird out too. these people need to get over their bitterness towards Nigeria, not as if we send them sef.
Re: Ghana Kicks Glo Out ! <<Misleading Title>> by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 24, 2010
Ghana prefers to develp at their own pace, rather than allow Nigeria 'colonise' them economically. I say they're wise.

South Africa also denied the Nigerian banks (who are mostly crooks anyway) access to their economy. Our leaders should take the cue from them and kick the Asians out of Lagos.
Re: Ghana Kicks Glo Out ! <<Misleading Title>> by Consensus: 8:56am On Jun 24, 2010
True talk.

A clear case of use and dump.
Re: Ghana Kicks Glo Out ! <<Misleading Title>> by Justcash(m): 9:20am On Jun 24, 2010
ziddy:

Ghana prefers to develp at their own pace, rather than allow Nigeria 'colonise' them economically. I say they're wise.

South Africa also denied the Nigerian banks (who are mostly crooks anyway) access to their economy. Our leaders should take the cue from them and kick the Asians out of Lagos.

Then leave it for Europeans and North Americans that will never want to come and invest in the condition Nigeria is? You are funny!

Ghana will regret this action to some little extent. It will have an effect on them in terms of CSR, employment and tax income.
Re: Ghana Kicks Glo Out ! <<Misleading Title>> by Kx: 9:25am On Jun 24, 2010
Ghana have always taken the unpopular decision and have always come out successful.
This latest move wont be an exception.
Re: Ghana Kicks Glo Out ! <<Misleading Title>> by londoner: 11:15am On Jun 24, 2010
If they didn't want Glo to enter their market, they should never had let them invest all that money first. Why may I ask is it only a Nigerian company they are doing it to? Why do they not seek to protect themselves from western or South African telecom companies like Vodafone and MTN? It was actually Glo who said they are no longer investing in their Ghana project because of the deliberate vandalism, the Ghanaian government is trying to get them to stay.

I think Glo should invest in neighbouring countries and leave Ghanaians to the mercy of Vodafone and MTN.

That uncle tom attitude will turn around to bite Ghana. They are gradually putting a question mark over their supposed "business friendly environment."
Re: Ghana Kicks Glo Out ! <<Misleading Title>> by DisGuy: 11:20am On Jun 24, 2010
read the article very well,

is it the Ghanaian government destroying Glo billboards or competitors or disgruntled Ghanaians who don't like Nigerians?

South African companies entering Nigeria probably don't this petty complaint when their generators get stolen or their cables vandalized in Nigeria, When DSTV's license was wrestled away with the help of Nweke Junior for the benefit of a Nigerian company I'm sure we enjoyed it
Re: Ghana Kicks Glo Out ! <<Misleading Title>> by ElRazur: 11:20am On Jun 24, 2010
Hahaha I like it.

The proverbial case of Ghana the David slinging a head shot and killer blow to Nigeria the Giant.

I love it.

Seriously, there is nothing in the article to suggest Glo is getting kicked out. This is just a mere case vandalism at best. undecided And as it stand they appear to be leaving at their own will.

Please change the thread title, it is misleading and promotes animosity towards our neighbours.
Re: Ghana Kicks Glo Out ! <<Misleading Title>> by Seun(m): 2:33pm On Jun 24, 2010
Locked for misleading title. Shame on you.

(1)

Aspirant Killed Few Hours After Declaration / Pastor's 'jesus Had Hiv Aids' Sermon Angers Sa Christians / The Dj Rubbish The President Gj Speech At Eagle Square?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.