Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,805 members, 7,969,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 07:15 AM

Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle (4365 Views)

Delta Election Tribunal Throws Out Ogboru's Case Against Okowa / Mimiko Denies Rumours Of Moving To PDP / Ezeuche Park Your Head In Front Of A Moving Vehicle Now That Ngige Won! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by Onlytruth(m): 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2010
Jakumo:

By forcibly boarding a vehicle to "effect an arrest", the late " traffic official" behaved in a manner that could have been misconstrued by the occupants of the vehicle as a robbery or kidnap attempt.  The act of dis-embarking that apparent car-jacker at high speed could thus have been committed in the context of a struggle that ensued within the vehicle against a perceived aggressor whose true intentions were unknown, at the time, provoking a self-defence response that turned deadly, but due to no malice or forethought.

Hopefully the sad demise of that government official will awaken the Lagos State government to the dangers of handing traffic control to ambush-laying bands of illiterate hoodlums who are encouraged to break into people's cars to effect "arrests".   Expediting legislation that will put an IMMEDIATE stop to such government sponsored anarchy on city streets will ENSURE that no "official" ever gets mistaken for a car-jacker or kidnapper again.

The man who fell or was pushed from a speeding vehicle was in this case a seasoned aggressor and a devious, cunning ambusher of motorists, who spent his entire working days leaping uninvited into people's cars, and trying to abduct them.  He died the way he lived - violently, and will no doubt be missed by a few members of his immediate family who will miss even more the money their late breadwinner extorted for a living, before he was made to test Newton's Laws of Momentum on a Lagos highway .

GFR

Rotfl!  grin grin grin!
Really laughing my @ss off!
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by tkb417(m): 7:13pm On Jun 24, 2010
The man who fell or was pushed from a speeding vehicle was in this case a seasoned aggressor and a devious, cunning ambusher of motorists, who spent his entire working days leaping uninvited into people's cars, and trying to abduct them. He died the way he lived - violently, and will no doubt be missed by a few members of his immediate family who will miss even more the money their late breadwinner extorted for a living, before he was made to test Newton's Laws of Momentum on a Lagos highway
kai kai kai kai

why i con dey laff like this today

first na sauron with his kaitastophic graphics
now its jakumo

heheheheheehe
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by kawkab: 7:35pm On Jun 24, 2010
All over Nigeria the story is the same;

- Local Government touts leap into you vehicle claiming they want to collect tax or levies such as radio License, Mobile Advert if you have a
company sticker or name written on your vehicle etc.

- The Police jump into your vehicle and attempt to collect your key in the name of effecting an arrest.

- The VIO do the same.

- It is no strange to see Policemen chasing a vehicle at high speed.

while I dont support the action of the driver, something may have transpired before the TRACE officer was pushed out of the vehicle. He may have probably asked them to "settle[i][/i]" with a very large sum of money. That is what these men do, any time you are arrested for any traffic offence, they bill you so high that you want to cry. Sometime just for wrong parking or parking in a place not designated for parking (mind you there would probably be no indication/sign that the place is not for parking), they may ask you to pay as much as N18,000.00.

These things would keep happening until the government stop recruiting thugs to work as revenue agents and traffic officer.
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by CarlosVent(m): 7:49pm On Jun 24, 2010
dey shuld learn a lesson from dis and also d driver was he stil goten after dis incident?
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by OAM4J: 7:55pm On Jun 24, 2010
tkb417:

i nearly killed one LASTMA official in Lagos for tryin to seize ma car keys

the way those street urchins jump into your cars nowadays is worrisome

nyways, im always ready to run dem over (provided the road is free)

lol grin grin grin

Nearly ran one over the last time was in Lagos too. grin
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by OAM4J: 7:58pm On Jun 24, 2010
habumaks:

This reminds me of an incident that happened in Numan Adamawa State. A bus driver allegedly assulted a man to death on a highway. He was arrested and taken to a nearby police station. It was later discovered at the station that the dead man was a serving millitary man of the Nigerian army. On hearing this, the soldiers on duty around that area stormed the police station demanding the bus driver to be released to them and the police obliged. The bus driver was now asked to drive the bus to God knows where,  and the useless 'soldiers' boarded the same bus. The bus driver knows that he was already death so he decided to take the soldiers along with him. He drove into a full floaded river benue from the bridge, killing himself and two socalled soldiers.

This said, i think some people dont use their head to think sometimes!!

hahahahah  grin grin grin grin grin This should be the story of the day, like I was watching an action film.

Talk of desperate situation requiring desperate measures.  grin grin grin
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 24, 2010
Knowing the way these[i] "law enforcement agents"[/i] operate in Nigeria, I have no sympathy for the dead man. I only feel sorry for his wife and children, whom he left behind.
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by chelseabmw(m): 8:33pm On Jun 24, 2010
if it's me i will do same.but i wouldn't kill
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 24, 2010
poor dude just died for nothing.i only wish the government would give him a befitting burial afterall he died serving the govt cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by otawa: 8:56pm On Jun 24, 2010
The deceased man was assigned to follow the arrested vehicle and the driver to the office to process his arrest.

what a backward country.

we are 7th largest producer of crude oil and see what crapy system they have in place.

in another 5years, another one is going to die like this again.
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by kobikwelu(m): 9:46pm On Jun 24, 2010
here 4 abj, na so yellow fever dey do,

i have learned a lesson a looong time ago, lockup your car and dont budge,

i have seen a lot of these folks hit by deaf drivers
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by Tcrack(m): 10:28pm On Jun 24, 2010
otawa:

The deceased man was assigned to follow the arrested vehicle and the driver to the office to process his arrest.

what a backward country.

we are 7th largest producer of crude oil and see what crapy system they have in place.

in another 5years, another one is going to die like this again.
five years is a long time.another one will happen very soon. there was a time some danfo drivers got tired of this same lastman official and threw about five of them off the third mainland bridge. it was all in the news then. i cant really remember which year but i am sure its less than five years ago
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by Tcrack(m): 10:30pm On Jun 24, 2010
CarlosVent:

dey shuld learn a lesson from dis and also d driver was he stil goten after dis incident?
for where? them dey catch mess?
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by lannre(m): 10:38pm On Jun 24, 2010
May his soul rest in peace. I experience same in the hand of the CRACE or sorry I mean TRACE after struggling along the bad road after the end of Lagos -Ogun Boundary via Sango. the link road to Ado Odo Ota (too bad a road)  and the lady was asking for  my emission permit , with anger I ask her if at all my vehicle emits any smoke will she buy another engine, her reply " that will be after you pay the One Thousand Naira emission fee" it recveals  they are after revenue and nothing else. My advice to the Traffic officers is a Yoruba Proverb-" taba ran ni ni ise eru afi tii omo je" "Omo Ijoba ki nku" whenever you are sent on errand like a slave,its good to deliver like a child. Government workers dont die oh ! the rest is histrory  now- and the Politician you are generatiing the revenue for cares  not, why kill yourself for heaven sake. The citizen and all tax payers should be respected its their hard earn money, what has the Government done so far, promises ! Frustration all over the land ! ushhhhhh take it easy oh
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by Nobody: 4:52am On Jun 25, 2010
Bross take am easy with the way u dey spam the forum na, abi wish onces,
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by Nobody: 4:53am On Jun 25, 2010
This reminds me of an incident that happened in Numan Adamawa State. A bus driver allegedly assulted a man to death on a highway. He was arrested and taken to a nearby police station. It was later discovered at the station that the dead man was a serving millitary man of the Nigerian army. On hearing this, the soldiers on duty around that area stormed the police station demanding the bus driver to be released to them and the police obliged. The bus driver was now asked to drive the bus to God knows where, and the useless 'soldiers' boarded the same bus. The bus driver knows that he was already death so he decided to take the soldiers along with him. He drove into a full floaded river benue from the bridge, killing himself and two socalled soldiers.

This said, i think some people dont use their head to think sometimes!!

LWKM!!!!!!!!!! grin grin
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by 190: 8:34am On Jun 25, 2010
lol this should serve as an example to all traffic officials esp the VIOs who dont allow us to rest
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by OmoAlata(f): 2:55pm On Jun 25, 2010
Reminds me of 2 Afghans who entered Britain illegally. They were given money for a taxi and the address of the detention centre and told to go there because they were short-staffed and no one to take them there.

They are still looking for the Afghan men as surprise, surprise, they didn't turn up at the detention centre grin

And this happened at Heathrow airport here in Great Britain lol grin
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by tpiah: 4:06pm On Jun 25, 2010
as usual, naija dudes feeling happy at the sight of violence against women.
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by OAM4J: 4:20pm On Jun 25, 2010
^^not against women, but against police stupidity.
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by tpiah: 4:23pm On Jun 25, 2010
^^oh, right.

there are other photos elsewhere showing naija women and children being thrown and shoved aside while able bodied naija men rushed themselves inside molues.
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by tkb417(m): 4:30pm On Jun 25, 2010
tpiah:

are u for real? why do people think this way?
so it would have been okay if it was a man that was in the picture

i didnt read anythn from you condemning the killing of the TRACE man cos the person wasnt female

does it matter what gender he/she is?

the pciture shows an overzealous security detail acting like a mentally challenged person and ure here debasing the whole issue to gender

is this about a woman or a man?

The thread is about overzealous security people in 9ja getting assaulted here and there cos of their modus operandi

na wa o

and una go school
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by tkb417(m): 4:32pm On Jun 25, 2010
tpiah:

^^oh, right.

there are other photos elsewhere showing naija women and children being thrown and shoved aside while able bodied naija men rushed themselves inside molues.
did u read his response?
the thread is about Police and their stupid ways of arrest

what are you on about?
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by tpiah: 4:35pm On Jun 25, 2010
@ tkb417

stop getting your knickers in a twist.

i'm talking about a pattern here which most of you find it impossible to see.

later now we'll start hearing all kinds of yarns about how na only white women fit take care of you black males.

if white men in general had the same attitude to their women as you do to yours, would your white flames know how to show their softer side?

i dont support the killing of the official, but since majority of you here consider it a good thing, i'm not going to waste any words on that.
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by tkb417(m): 5:01pm On Jun 25, 2010
tpiah:

@ tkb417

stop getting your knickers in a twist.

i'm talking about a pattern here which most of you find it impossible to see.

later now we'll start hearing all kinds of yarns about how na only white women fit take care of you black males.

if white men in general had the same attitude to their women as you do to yours, would your white flames know how to show their softer side?

i dont support the killing of the official, but since majority of you here consider it a good thing, i'm not going to waste any words on that.
forget the trend of events

just make ur own comments regarding the topic
forget all these women/men thingy
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 25, 2010
Tpiah suffers from siege mentality. Bear with her please.
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 25, 2010
Finally!

The fear that these LASMA put into me the last time I was in Naija was mind numbing. They have no respect whatever. Let them get run ova 1 by one, puhlzzz.
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by Rmc1(m): 8:10pm On Jun 25, 2010
So what was the driver and his assistant thinking when they threw the traffic official out of a fast moving vehichle IN CAPITAL LETTERS IT IS PURE MURDER   shocked shocked
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by papaejima2: 6:42am On Jun 26, 2010
tkb417:

are u for real? why do people think this way?
so it would have been okay if it was a man that was in the picture

i didnt read anythn from you condemning the killing of the TRACE man cos the person wasnt female

does it matter what gender he/she is?

the pciture shows an overzealous security detail acting like a mentally challenged person and ure here debasing the whole issue to gender

is this about a woman or a man?

The thread is about overzealous security people in 9ja getting assaulted here and there cos of their modus operandi

na wa o

and una go school

And she couldn't even see that the alledged voilence against women was committed by a woman (The car was driven by a woman). Successful women don't feel inferior or intimated by men. It is the never-do-wells who always shout and find excuses for their failure.
Re: Driver Throws Traffic Official Out Of Moving Vehicle by Beaf: 3:40pm On Jun 29, 2010
tpiah:

==hisses==

As if women too, no de take "Roger". Anyways, all I can see is a woman being violent toward a car with her size 1/2 arse! The car is the victim! grin
. . .Finally, if only you'd looked carefully, you would have noticed that the driver of the victimised car is. . . What do you know? A fellow babe! grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rich Men Sponsor Us To Vandalize Oil Pipelines — Vandals / Bakassi Natives Sue Nigeria Over Cession To Cameroon / Resignation Letter Of Akwa Ibom State Deputy Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.