Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,187 members, 7,943,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 11:00 AM

Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions (319 Views)

FG Insists Federal Universities Not Allowed To Charge Fees / My Daughter Not Allowed To Write JAMB With Her Hijab On - Man Raises Alarm / Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by newsynews: 11:51am On Aug 17, 2018
The Bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Sokoto, Matthew Kukah, says some tertiary institutions in Northern Nigeria have over the years refused to allocate spaces within their premises for their Christian students to worship.

Speaking at a book launch organised by Premiumtimes, Kukah accused northern governors of aiding the alleged injustice.

“As I’m talking here now, whether it is Bayero University, Usman Dan Fodio University, most of the universities and tertiary institutions in northern Nigeria, Christians don’t have a place to worship after over 40 years of the existence of these universities and these are the areas where the intellectuals, those who are going to govern Nigeria, this is where they are.

“Up till today, as I’m talking to you, you can’t find a single governor in northern Nigeria that will effortlessly sign a certificate of occupancy for the building of a church. Nowhere,” Kukah said at the event.

https://www.wotzup.ng/2018/08/kukah-christians-northern-nigeria/

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by alBHAGDADI: 11:53am On Aug 17, 2018
The religion of peace which loves to claim to be very tolerant has shown us a bit of their tolerance.

Yet they will go to other places and demand for shariah law.

Believe Islamic lies at your own peril.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:57am On Aug 17, 2018
This is truth completely by my experience. If only Christians know how fellow Christians are treated in the north.

This is one area I love and respect Yoruba Muslims.

Christians too have a portion of blame in their docile attitude protesting their rights. We fear a lot and this has given the north every reason to do whatever they like. Every public secondary school in the north has mosque built beside it for prayers. How schools in the south has church beside it? Is it only Christians that know how to separate the state from religion?

We are surely losing ground as Christians.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by pussygotlips: 12:28pm On Aug 17, 2018
voice it out, let the world know what christians are passing through.

These are the leaders we ought to have, not some cowards sucking onto sultan blokos.
Re: Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions by IbrahimDamola: 3:40pm On Aug 17, 2018
We yoruba muslims sef.

(1) (Reply)

EDPOLYNASARAWA Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa 2018/2019 Post UTME Admission Screen / Nysc: Call Up Letter / Multiple Fully-funded Phd Positions At The University Of Sydney Business School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.