Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,395 members, 7,901,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:49 PM

What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? (2395 Views)

What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha / What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire / What Does It Mean To Be Poor In The Spirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by Nobody: 1:39am On Oct 25, 2018
solite3:
It is impossible to live the Christian life without the Holy Spirit.
Hence Jesus promised his disciples the Holy Spirit.

Galatians 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Galatians 5:18
But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Galatians 5:25
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

when you are bornagain, you have a new life, a new nature Christ is born in you, you literally have eternal life ( God's type of life) but you have enemies who challenge your position which are,
1. Mr flesh

2. the devil.

as long as we are in this world we are in battle with those two foes, therefore if you are to overcome these enemies you need to walk in the Spirit. in other to walk in the Spirit, you have to be Spiritually minded.

you have to walk in the reality of what Christ has done on the cross not a defeated life.
walking in the Spirit is all about knowing your position in Christ and acting in line with that position.

for example as a bornagain, the Bible says you cannot sin what does this mean? it mean as a bornagain you are not a sinner( fornicator, liar, dishonest man etc), when you begin to live in this reality then you are walking in the Spirit.

stop living under condemnation! that is what the devil wants!
I remember when I first learnt how to ride bicycle, I was so afraid of falling that I tried to balance myself but I realized the secret of riding a bicycle is to keep riding and the law of dynamics will balance things out.

OK Let's consider another example, when Jesus walked on water. Peter saw him and ask Jesus to command him to come Jesus told him come, he began to walk on water, his attention was on Jesus, guess what happened, a wind came.
who sent the wind? ans: satan
what happened?ans: he lost focus on Jesus and fear came (Mr flesh)
the result ? he began to sink (condemnation)

Jesus immediately stretched forth his hands and caught peter. This is a great encouragement knowing that nothing can take us from his hands.

the Christian life is like riding a bicycle, when you stop walking in the spirit then you start falling!
how do one stop walking in the Spirit? answer
1.when you stop focusing on Jesus and instead focus on correcting your imperfections by yourself instead of God doing it for you, you are gone.

John 15:5
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

2. when you start believing the lie that without correcting your past action or yourself God cannot forgive you. pure lie
God forgive you freely in Christ.

Ephesians 4:32
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

1 John 2:12
I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

some people do preach that without doing restitution God cannot forgive sins, that is not correct.
if one confesses his/her sins he will forgive him without ever remembering it.

3. when you are unaware of your spiritual position in Christ you will live like a sinner. Remember the prodigal Son, he lived like a slaved not that he stopped being a Son of his father but he forgot whom he was because of his rebellion ( he thought he could be independent from his father) and but when he remembered who he was he then knew his foolishness and decided to go back home ( true repentance).

when you are unaware of your spiritual nature, the enemy will deal with you.

as you grow in grace, the nature of Christ in you will be stronger and the knowledge of your spiritual position also increase.

Ephesians 2:21
In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

Ephesians 4:15
But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

1 Peter 2:2
As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

2 Peter 3:18
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

1 John 2:13
I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.

finally, to walk in the Spirit means to walk in the reality of the new life you have in christ, you also grow in this knowledge by knowing more about God and his plan for you.

1 John 2:14
I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

I pray for any believer who is facing challenges in his life that he receive freedom and begin to enjoy his Christian walk in Jesus name.
as a born again believer you are a new creature, you are holy and your spiritual nature is exactly like God's own.
you are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.
walk as Son that you are and flow with the mighty power of God at walk in you.
Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 13, 2019
walk in the victory of Jesus in your life. Divine health, breakthrough, peace, Joy and gladness are yours.
Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by Kobojunkie: 4:56pm On May 26, 2023
It is impossible to live the Christian life without the Holy Spirit. Hence Jesus promised his disciples the Holy Spirit. when you are bornagain, you have a new life, a new nature Christ is born in you, you literally have eternal life ( God's type of life)
■ but you have enemies who challenge your position which are,
1. Mr flesh
2. the devil.

as long as we are in this world we are in battle with those two foes, therefore if you are to overcome these enemies you need to walk in the Spirit. in other to walk in the Spirit, you have to be Spiritually minded.
■ you have to walk in the reality of what Christ has done on the cross not a defeated life. walking in the Spirit is all about knowing your position in Christ and acting in line with that position. for example as a bornagain, the Bible says you cannot sin what does this mean? it mean as a bornagain you are not a sinner( fornicator, liar, dishonest man etc), when you begin to live in this reality then you are walking in the Spirit.
stop living under condemnation! that is what the devil wants! I remember when I first learnt how to ride bicycle, I was so afraid of falling that I tried to balance myself but I realized the secret of riding a bicycle is to keep riding and the law of dynamics will balance things out. OK Let's consider another example, when Jesus walked on water. Peter saw him and ask Jesus to command him to come Jesus told him come, he began to walk on water, his attention was on Jesus, guess what happened, a wind came. who sent the wind? ans: satan what happened?ans: he lost focus on Jesus and fear came (Mr flesh) the result ? he began to sink (condemnation)

Jesus immediately stretched forth his hands and caught peter. This is a great encouragement knowing that nothing can take us from his hands. the Christian life is like riding a bicycle, when you stop walking in the spirit then you start falling! how do one stop walking in the Spirit? answer
1.when you stop focusing on Jesus and instead focus on correcting your imperfections by yourself instead of God doing it for you, you are gone.
2. when you start believing the lie that without correcting your past action or yourself God cannot forgive you. pure lie. God forgive you freely in Christ.some people do preach that without doing restitution God cannot forgive sins, that is not correct. if one confesses his/her sins he will forgive him without ever remembering it.
3. when you are unaware of your spiritual position in Christ you will live like a sinner. Remember the prodigal Son, he lived like a slaved not that he stopped being a Son of his father but he forgot whom he was because of his rebellion ( he thought he could be independent from his father) and but when he remembered who he was he then knew his foolishness and decided to go back home ( true repentance).when you are unaware of your spiritual nature, the enemy will deal with you.as you grow in grace, the nature of Christ in you will be stronger and the knowledge of your spiritual position also increase.

finally, to walk in the Spirit means to walk in the reality of the new life you have in christ, you also grow in this knowledge by knowing more about God and his plan for you. I pray for any believer who is facing challenges in his life that he receive freedom and begin to enjoy his Christian walk in Jesus name.
1. Your first statement is a lie! The disciples where already going around preaching, healing the sick, raising the dead, even before the Day of Pentecost when the Spirit of Truth — the Holy Spirit — finally arrived. So, let's stop telling people lies wrapped around teh mention of the Holy Spirit whom we seem to know little of as revealed by our many confessions. undecided

2. Again, another lie! The only enemy you have in this world is you. If you do not acquire self-discipline and self-control even before you become born-again, you will remain your own #1 enemy even in the Kingdom of God. The other enemy, Jesus Christ already informed you that He had overcome for your sake, almost 2000 years ago. undecided

3. To walk in the Spirit simply refers to living one's life in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant Law, and the Gospel in the Kingdom of God. The mandate for all who become citizens of the Kingdom of God, a spiritual nation as all are born of the spirit — born-again —is obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, and it is by living continuously under the Law and not under the laws of men, that one is able to obtain the benefits and rewards of the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? by Kobojunkie: 6:01pm On May 27, 2023
donbachi:
■ it means total obedience to the ten commandments
The 10 commandments are not part of the Law of the Spirit but of flesh. You will know this if you are aware that it was given as part of the Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan, a Nation that is very much of this physical world. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Popular Pastor Confesses How He Do Fake Miracles & Killed People, Says Jeremaiah / What Is The Significance Of Father Christmas? / Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.