Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,109 members, 7,970,416 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 08:32 AM

Court Seals Hospitals, Hotel Over Tax Evasion - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Court Seals Hospitals, Hotel Over Tax Evasion (6209 Views)

Court Seals First Bank Offices In Umuahia (Photos) / Court Seals Shoprite In Umuahia Over Loan Default (photos) / Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Seals Hospitals, Hotel Over Tax Evasion by erico2k2(m): 9:58am On Aug 21, 2018
yaksdavirus:
If business don't pay tax they get closed, if people don't pay tax they get jailed. Then if government don't pay salaries too, same treatment should be given to them. Let defaulting of salary payment be a crime too.
It should be or at lease pay interest on it according to the going rate.
Re: Court Seals Hospitals, Hotel Over Tax Evasion by alexola20(m): 10:07am On Aug 21, 2018
Re: Court Seals Hospitals, Hotel Over Tax Evasion by mfm04622: 10:53am On Aug 21, 2018
Pabloosas:

Ok. But the government needs to take their duties seriously too if they want people to pay taxes. Imagine paying taxes with nothing to show for it...

Very true. However, you can only hold the other party to do their part only when you have done yours
Re: Court Seals Hospitals, Hotel Over Tax Evasion by karlboss: 10:59am On Aug 21, 2018
mexxyaaron:

U are very correct,2.2 million for a year for a small hospital that can barely make 5milion annually.
How was the amount calculated is a misery to me.
I spoke with the Doctor and he told me that he didn't refuse paying but how can he pay 2.2 million annually and I totally agree with him.
That amount is ridiculously crazy.

Our government is the problem after paying 2.2 million yearly he would still pay Federal government FIRS.
This government is very wicked this is a period where govt needs to reduce tax so that this people can grow and employ more hands
Re: Court Seals Hospitals, Hotel Over Tax Evasion by Pabloosas(m): 11:09am On Aug 21, 2018
mfm04622:

Very true. However, you can only hold the other party to do their part only when you have done yours
True that.
Re: Court Seals Hospitals, Hotel Over Tax Evasion by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 21, 2018
adioolayi:
....and they will be the very one to shout government is bad. They want good infrastructure, security, good economy policies, ease of doing business and all... but they won't pay their tax. Government na magician
Nonsense what have the so called government done with the big one they get from abuja every month keep deceiving ur self dey
Re: Court Seals Hospitals, Hotel Over Tax Evasion by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 21, 2018
theoldpretender:
Anyone saying that Abia state is being hard on its people, does not know what has been happening since 2014

1.Oil prices have been falling since 2014 when it was at $130 in June of that year. By May 2015 it was $75. By January it was $30 per barrel. Now it is $70.

2.As a result, Government at all levels has to resort to a) Borrowing b) Raising taxes c) Plugging leakanges

3.Most of this year's budget was funded by high taxes. Oil is no longer reliable.

When oil price was good what did the so called Governor do with the money ....keep deceiving ur self
Re: Court Seals Hospitals, Hotel Over Tax Evasion by mexxyaaron(m): 2:05pm On Aug 23, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

The people are dying you are talking of taxation. Do you realize that there is no accountability? Our tax money is used to fund the lifestyles of politicians, to treat their mothers in US hospitals, to give their girlfriends and concubines 'thanks for f...king me' money, to lunch in 5 star hotels and drink exotic beverages and lastly to bribe fellow politicians.

So screw that. If there is no accountability, there should be no taxation. Simple.

You are absolutely correct.
I concur with you 100%.

(1) (2) (Reply)

RE IMPORTATION! I Am Exposing My Top 5 Cheap , Fastest Selling Imported Products / British Battery Recycling Firm To Establish Operations In Ogun State / Nigeria’s Crude Oil Production Hit 2.025mbpd In June

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.