Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,176 members, 7,884,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 12:28 AM

Oshiomhole, Obaseki Differ Over Primary Election For Candidates - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole, Obaseki Differ Over Primary Election For Candidates (14930 Views)

Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki / Oshiomhole: Obaseki Sacked The Only Commissioner I Nominated In His Cabinet / Buhari Wades Into Oshiomhole, Obaseki Feud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomhole, Obaseki Differ Over Primary Election For Candidates by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:28am On Aug 21, 2018
KenOne:
Let the truth be told Tinubu and Oshiomhole decided the direct primaries thing without consulting the governors, ministers and leaders of the party who are major stakeholders and financiers in various state, the reason the governors and others will kick against it because they were never carried along.

Oshiomhole's trying to whittle down the powers of the governors, ministers will back fire because these are foot soldiers of the party and president, if they decide not to work for the party and president failure is already starring at the party and Buhari.
Funny, a Governor or so called party leader that is popular will not fret upon hearing Direct primary. Only those with overrated influence show opposition towards it.

A direct primary system is the way forward in party politics instead of delegates system. Power belongs to the people and not a few. I wish PDP would adopt it!

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole, Obaseki Differ Over Primary Election For Candidates by Bossontop(m): 9:35am On Aug 21, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
.so is PDP that's built on a strong foundation right?

Ode I pity youths like you on nairaland and other platform fighting for this politicians that only know themselves

People like sarki, have you seen oshomhole and saraki children insulting themselves? They are not even in Nigeria and they won't vote for their parents.

The problem of this country is the youths just like you and sarki, since you people have refused to use common sense you people will continue in suffering.

Everyday I read news on nairaland I just shake my head, idiots fighting over tinubu, obi, buhari etc and you can never hear this politicians children talking about their parents or even see them vote.

God will punish shameless Nigeria youths that have sold their soul for peanut in the name of politics.

We need revolution in this country
So from that my little write you've surmised that i support pdp........or any other party..........well, just shows how "brilliant" you really are
Good day
Re: Oshiomhole, Obaseki Differ Over Primary Election For Candidates by Soulsymbol99: 9:46am On Aug 21, 2018
Oshiomole vs obaseki loading..... shocked
Re: Oshiomhole, Obaseki Differ Over Primary Election For Candidates by Orchid45: 9:59am On Aug 21, 2018
chriskosherbal:
Some current Governors feel direct primaries is an embarrassment and insult to them...well we will see as events unfold ..

Politics hmmmm

Meanwhile I am recommending my signature for your consumption now in lagos
Re: Oshiomhole, Obaseki Differ Over Primary Election For Candidates by VULCAN(m): 10:22am On Aug 21, 2018
Buhari never promised Igbos Presidency in 2023. Never.

I believe that lie was initiated by Rochas and Ngige as a means of rallying Igbos to APC

Dinho20:
BUHARI IS USING 2023 ELECTION TO DECEIVE IBOS, NOT KNOWING THAT HE IS PLANNING TO
INSTALL WICKED TINUBU AS PRESIDENT COMES 2023. THEIR EVIL PLANS HAVE BEEN
EXPOSED.
IGBOS CAN NOW SEE THAT BUHARI IS VERY WICKED, HE WANTS TO USE IBOS TO ACHIEVE
HIS SECOND TERM BID AND DUMP THEM, THANK YOU SARAKI FOR EXPOSING THE EVIL
PLANS OF BUHARI AND TINUBU. IGBOS ARE NOW WISE. BUHARI IS THE ENEMY OF IGBOS.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole, Obaseki Differ Over Primary Election For Candidates by famology(m): 10:52am On Aug 21, 2018
seborrhic:
Apart from it whittling down the powers of governors,has anyone even thought of the logistics of organizing direct primaries?
Assume 200,000-300,000APC party members in Lagos.
How do you get 200,000-300,000 to vote at a single venue at the same day without pandemonium ensuing?

You obviously don't know how it works. Maybe you should've asked.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole, Obaseki Differ Over Primary Election For Candidates by Myself2(m): 11:16am On Aug 21, 2018
YESSSSSS Let the cracks begin
Who can bear Oshi Omo Ole's high handedness.To think that this dwarf has no aristocratic lineage, he thinks because he rode rough shod over his timid Labour union members and looted their money to become governor, he can now be going about telling poor widows to go and die and be abusing royal princes and thourough bred aristocrats
A monkey must always be a monkey
Re: Oshiomhole, Obaseki Differ Over Primary Election For Candidates by KanwuliaExtra: 11:24am On Aug 21, 2018
Everywhere Oshiomhole!
Short-man devil syndrome! embarassed
Re: Oshiomhole, Obaseki Differ Over Primary Election For Candidates by MrPolitics: 11:50am On Aug 21, 2018
Uchemus:
please, what's the difference between consensus and Direct primaries?

Consensus is when all the party leaders or members agree to put 1 candidate forward for the position. Like how PDP did with Jonathan in 2014. There were no primaries because all the leaders agreed to put him forward

In-direct primaries or delegate primaries is when the members of party nominate delegates from each ward that will represent them to vote in an electoral primary. This is the most common system in Nigeria. For a presidential primary, members from each state which could be in thousands will come together and nominate maybe 100 people (or whatever number is required) that will represent them and vote for the candidate of their choice.

Direct primaries is when every card carrying member of the party is allowed to vote tand determine who wins the primaries.
This takes longer and is more expensive as the big parties usually have members in tens to hundreds of thousands in each state.
Each of APC and PDP have over 1 million members nationwide and all of them would have to vote in a direct primary system.
If done right, it's the best system and hard to manipulate as it is hard to pay or force 1 million people to vote for you as against 5000 in indirect primaries
Re: Oshiomhole, Obaseki Differ Over Primary Election For Candidates by buharitill2023: 12:58pm On Aug 21, 2018
kaorama:
May both of them jam and crash.
your evil prayer will not work.
Re: Oshiomhole, Obaseki Differ Over Primary Election For Candidates by Uchemus(m): 12:59pm On Aug 21, 2018
MrPolitics:

Consensus is when all the party leaders or members agree to put 1 candidate forward for the position. Like how PDP did with Jonathan in 2014. There were no primaries because all the leaders agreed to put him forward

In-direct primaries or delegate primaries is when the members of party nominate delegates from each ward that will represent them to vote in an electoral primary. This is the most common system in Nigeria. For a presidential primary, members from each state which could be in thousands will come together and nominate maybe 100 people (or whatever number is required) that will represent them and vote for the candidate of their choice.

Direct primaries is when every card carrying member of the party is allowed to vote tand determine who wins the primaries.
This takes longer and is more expensive as the big parties usually have members in tens to hundreds of thousands in each state.
Each of APC and PDP have over 1 million members nationwide and all of them would have to vote in a direct primary system.
If done right, it's the best system and hard to manipulate as it is hard to pay or force 1 million people to vote for you as against 5000 in indirect primaries
thancu MrPolitics
Re: Oshiomhole, Obaseki Differ Over Primary Election For Candidates by waveman2: 1:12pm On Aug 21, 2018
Direct primary system is the way to go for any serious political party. How is it expensive? Do u want to start sharing coke and biscuit. And has for rowdiness it can be organised at different ward location with accredited members.
Re: Oshiomhole, Obaseki Differ Over Primary Election For Candidates by blackboy2star(m): 3:13pm On Aug 21, 2018
Please explain to him how it works Mr Famo

famology:

You obviously don't know how it works. Maybe you should've asked.
Re: Oshiomhole, Obaseki Differ Over Primary Election For Candidates by EgusiShankly: 5:25pm On Aug 21, 2018
yeah!! I love this...this is were wahala will come between them and oshiomole will be exposed
Re: Oshiomhole, Obaseki Differ Over Primary Election For Candidates by ngoziempress: 5:32pm On Aug 21, 2018
Confusion

(1) (2) (Reply)

Orji Kalu Reacts To Appeal Court Ruling / 2023: Emefiele May Discard Presidential Ambition After Meeting Buhari / Certificate Scandal: Police Keep Mum On Adeosun But Swiftly Probe Adeleke's Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.