Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,042 members, 7,883,609 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 01:25 PM

What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. (2704 Views)

Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? / What Job Can I Get With Nce Certificate? / No Good Job? –try These Top 7 Nigerian ICT Jobs With High Employment Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by Greizman: 4:04pm On Aug 21, 2018
Hello Nairalanders. This is for people living and working in America.
I have just been granted an Immigrant visa and I will be travelling anytime soon. My sister and my mum are in the USA.
I'm really set out to start work ASAP. I don't even want to stay idle for a week after I get there. I'm willing to work hard or smart (legit only). I'm ready to work for long hours as long as it brings good pay.
Kindly suggest the kind of jobs I should look out for and also how I can best make use of my time in the state. I'm not a lazy person, though I dont know any handiwork... I really wished I learnt a craft.

3 Likes

Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by viosky(m): 4:38pm On Aug 21, 2018
it depends on your profession, how skillful you are, i believe you will get something more meaningful to to over there than staying in this our country

1 Like

Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by Greizman: 5:45pm On Aug 21, 2018
viosky:
it depends on your profession, how skillful you are, i believe you will get something more meaningful to to over there than staying in this our country
Thanks.
I just want to go for cyber security training. I hope it will help to some extent
Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by MartinCorridon: 6:26pm On Aug 21, 2018
Gigolo servicing elderly women grin

Just kidding, a friend started with a lottery regulatory organisation almost immediately he arrived.

Few months after(4 i think), he got an offer with Amazon and he said he got great benefits on offer but he settled for Chase Bank eventually.

I was surprised about the speed of his own integration. Other pals weren't so lucky
Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by OneCorner: 7:55pm On Aug 21, 2018
Drug.

2 Likes

Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by dayleke: 8:36pm On Aug 21, 2018
It depends on what you studied in college.
Are you a college graduate?
Cyber security sounds good too. The way it's being promoted here says a lot.

You'll still have to get your social security card, driver's license etc
Your location also is important ......
Your folks should be able to assist you with all the info tho...

Welcome and good luck bro.
Cheers.

Cc Greizman
Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 21, 2018
Congrats .
Your PERMANENT RESIDENCY is loading.
U will be given a 10year permanent residency after a temporary one of one year.
There are JOBS.
Opportunities full ground except you wan ruin ur life.
You will be entitled to a good job provided you are coming on an immigrant visa.
You will be granted your social security number.
It will be your unique identification number.
Welcome

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by Greizman: 10:21pm On Aug 21, 2018
dayleke:
It depends on what you studied in college.
Are you a college graduate?
Cyber security sounds good too. The way it's being promoted here says a lot.

You'll still have to get your social security card, driver's license etc
Your location also is important ......
Your folks should be able to assist you with all the info tho...

Welcome and good luck bro.
Cheers.

Cc Greizman
Thanks for your comment.
I am a graduate and I have my Nigerian driver's license.
I have already paid the fees to process my green card.
My location is maryland.
My folks are mostly women and they are not really business minded. They have good jobs over there though.
I just pray everything works well for me there.. I really want to work my way up there.

Thanks for sharing your views.
Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by Rollitout: 10:36pm On Aug 21, 2018
Watch out for mobile application developer, Software developer, very lucrative in the USA no need for anY certificate or degree to start.
Wish you Goodluck

1 Like

Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by jemedo: 10:41pm On Aug 21, 2018
Please Read Carefully.

Facebook Research Program - Make $500+/Month

REGISTRATION FEE = TOTALLY FREE!

How it works

You can not join the program unless you're invited. You are only required to install the FB research app on your phone and leave it there.

Meanwhile, for as long as the app remains on your phone, FaceBook will pay you $10/month.

That's not the real deal.

If you're able to invite even as low as 5 people within the last 30 days of joining, you're entitled to get $100. This equals $110/month (N39,600). That's for bringing in 5 people. To maximize your earning, do I even need to tell you to bring in more people?

Ofcos not.. You should know. The more people , right?

So, let's go straight in.

PRIVATE CHAT ME NOW IF YOU'RE INTERESTED
DON'T LET THIS OPPORTUNITY PASS YOU BY
NB THIS IS LEGIT
YOU WILL SEE FOR YOURSELF
07037509811....whatsapp no
Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by MissMich(f): 10:52pm On Aug 21, 2018
jemedo:
Please Read Carefully.

Facebook Research Program - Make $500+/Month

REGISTRATION FEE = TOTALLY FREE!

How it works

You can not join the program unless you're invited. You are only required to install the FB research app on your phone and leave it there.

Meanwhile, for as long as the app remains on your phone, FaceBook will pay you $10/month.

That's not the real deal.

If you're able to invite even as low as 5 people within the last 30 days of joining, you're entitled to get $100. This equals $110/month (N39,600). That's for bringing in 5 people. To maximize your earning, do I even need to tell you to bring in more people?

Ofcos not.. You should know. The more people , right?

So, let's go straight in.

PRIVATE CHAT ME NOW IF YOU'RE INTERESTED
DON'T LET THIS OPPORTUNITY PASS YOU BY
NB THIS IS LEGIT
YOU WILL SEE FOR YOURSELF
07037509811....whatsapp no
your mumu na raise to power two... is this thing you typed up here related to what the Op asked?
how about dropping your own piece of advice before spamming his thread.. now I know why success is far away from some people, always taking undue advantage of people's thread!
what happened to creating your own thread?
nonsense and ingredients

3 Likes

Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by StarUp: 11:44pm On Aug 21, 2018
Start with a volunteer work for a week or month in order to meet people and get used to the environment before you finally launch out for the big catch.

Good day nairalanders... Please l need a good Samaritan to help out with a better job connection in Abuja or environs for someone l know and recommend very dearly for his uncommon intelligence, hard work, dedication to duty as well as unparalleled integrity and honesty.
I have hitherto worked with this young man and know him in and out as Godfearing (with great respect for people), can be trusted with confidential matters as well as have an above average IQ plus being handsome with a good dress sense. He possesses a Bachelors degree in the Social Sciences and is in his early thirties with over six years work experience that cuts across mainly education, customer service and administrative duties. He is presently poorly and grossly underpaid(less than 50k) considering his "quality attributes"... If God lays it in your heart, kindly reach him via: qualitysmile7@gmail.com or 07056649003...as you remember to help him, God will also remember to help you...thanks.

NB: Though any part of the country can also be considered if the job and conditions attached are worth it. God bless you as you help him.

1 Like

Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by lebete3000: 11:50pm On Aug 21, 2018
EVILFOREST:
Congrats .
There are JOBS.
You will be entitled to a good job provided you are coming on an immigrant visa.
Welcome

It seems this immigrant visa stuff is a good one. Please how does one go about acquiring it? And how is it different from the other visas?

Thanks.
Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by YorubaAssasin: 12:13am On Aug 22, 2018
OP, take am easy na. All the hungry NL chics go begin dey eye you now. grin

Anyway, your wish na just wish. E go still take you like around 3-4 weeks to get ur SSN which is needed to get a job regardless. If you have a 9ja DL you can start driving (depending on ur state's law) pending ur U.S DL.

My honest advice is... if you really need a career NOT just a job, go back to school.. even if you have ur 9ja degree... just go back to school to further ur education.

There's no magic or shortcut to it UNLESS you're an IT guru or plan to focus in that field. wink

Anyway, welcome aboard and all the best! cool

2 Likes

Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by FisifunKododada: 12:51am On Aug 22, 2018
First of all, make sure your village people are not aware of your plans
Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by itiswellandwell: 1:00am On Aug 22, 2018
Greizman:
I have just been granted an Immigrant visa and I will be travelling anytime soon. My sister and my mum are in the USA.
I'm really set out to start work ASAP. I don't even want to stay idle for a week after I get there. I'm willing to work hard or smart (legit only). I'm ready to work for long hours as long as it brings good pay.
Kindly suggest the kind of jobs I should look out for and also how I can best make use of my time in the state. I'm not a lazy person, though I dont know any handiwork... I really wished I learnt a craft.

Reach me on whatsapp 09090287555 make i give you one idea.
Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 22, 2018
lebete3000:

It seems this immigrant visa stuff is a good one. Please how does one go about acquiring it? And how is it different from the other visas?

Thanks.
Genuine IMMIGRANT VISA is always the best, because it simply means you are relocating to reside over there, of which you may decide never to return to your country except you are deported.
Your interview is usually different from those traveling for just a visit.
For one to Qualify for such, you may have
1) either of your biological parents ( father or mother) who are citizens or permanent residents who reside there file for you to come over.

2) parents (with American passport or Green card) who may have adopted to when you were younger and had already included your name in their USCIS forms.

3) by MARRIAGE to a spouse who may be either an American citizen or permanent resident (green card).

4) through a close relative (sibling) who has an American passport (citizen) requesting that you should join him or her over there.

marriage to an AMERICAN CITIZEN takes just a few months to mature before joining your spouse over there.

marriage to a permanent resident( green card) takes roughly 2years to mature before joining your spouse over there.

1 Like

Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by lebete3000: 10:53am On Aug 22, 2018
EVILFOREST:

Genuine IMMIGRANT VISA is always the best, because it simply means you are relocating to reside over there, of which you may decide never to return to your country except you are deported.
Your interview is usually different from those traveling for just a visit.
For one to Qualify for such, you may have
1) either of your biological parents ( father or mother) who are citizens or permanent residents who reside there file for you to come over.

2) parents (with American passport or Green card) who may have adopted to when you were younger and had already included your name in their USCIS forms.

3) by MARRIAGE to a spouse who may be either an American citizen or permanent resident (green card).

4) through a close relative (sibling) who has an American passport (citizen) requesting that you should join him or her over there.

marriage to an AMERICAN CITIZEN takes just a few months to mature before joining your spouse over there.

marriage to a permanent resident( green card) takes roughly 2years to mature before joining your spouse over there.

So nothing work related like being a medical doctor can qualify one being granted such class of visa?
Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 22, 2018
lebete3000:

So nothing work related like being a medical doctor can qualify one being granted such class of visa?
Not really except on special recognition by the US government.
- people with a rare special talent or intelligence.
- someone with a severe congenital deformity.
- person who survived a disastrous event with disability.
- someone seeking an asylum.
- immigrant visa through investment whereby such is granted to people who are willing to invest in about $500,000 worth of property in the US.
Although such VISAS were granted before through the AMERICAN VISA lottery programs, but now such is not
available to Nigerians anymore.
As a medical Doctor, why not consider CANADA....??

1 Like

Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by lebete3000: 11:39am On Aug 22, 2018
EVILFOREST:

Not really except on special recognition by the US government.
- people with a rare special talent or intelligence.
- someone with a severe congenital deformity.
- person who survived a disastrous event with disability.
- someone seeking an asylum.
- immigrant visa through investment whereby such is granted to people who are willing to invest in about $500,000 worth of property in the US.
Although such VISAS were granted before through the AMERICAN VISA lottery programs, but now such is not
available to Nigerians anymore.
As a medical Doctor, why not consider CANADA....??

I don't understand the bolded. As for Canada, just forget it. A camel would have better luck passing through a needle's eye...
Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 22, 2018
lebete3000:

I don't understand the bolded. As for Canada, just forget it. A camel would have better luck passing through a needle's eye...
The BOLDED used to be the generally known AMERICAN Immigrant visa lottery program, were GREEN CARDS are awarded to successfully aspirants.
It was stopped by Barrack Obama few years back, because he felt that a lot a Nigerians had been given their fair share.
CANADA just opened up opportunities, so why the loss in interest...?? I really want to know
Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by lebete3000: 1:24pm On Aug 22, 2018
EVILFOREST:

The BOLDED used to be the generally known AMERICAN Immigrant visa lottery program, were GREEN CARDS are awarded to successfully aspirants.
It was stopped by Barrack Obama few years back, because he felt that a lot a Nigerians had been given their fair share.
CANADA just opened up opportunities, so why the loss in interest...?? I really want to know

Just opened up opportunities quite true but not to practice as a doctor. You can easily get into Canada, but getting to work in their health system as a Medic isn't quite as easy, it's a different ball game entirely that's so complicated only medics can understand. The route is quite different, tedious and complicated with very minimal resulting success.
Most foreign trained doctors work as cab drivers or Burger Spinners in Canada with their medical licence lying fallow to rot away...Canada is the most hostile country to foreign trained doctors, except you trained in the US.
So there goes.
Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by hammed71(m): 4:17pm On Aug 28, 2018
visa lottery would have been very useful in this buhari era but dem don remove us.its a pity
Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by Greizman: 7:55pm On Aug 28, 2018
EVILFOREST:
Congrats .
There are JOBS.
Welcome
Thanks for the info.
I have just paid for my green card.
Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by Greizman: 7:56pm On Aug 28, 2018
Rollitout:
Watch out for mobile application developer, Software developer, very lucrative in the USA no need for anY certificate or degree to start.
Wish you Goodluck
Thanks
Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by Greizman: 7:59pm On Aug 28, 2018
YorubaAssasin:
OP, take am easy na. All the hungry NL chics go begin dey eye you now. grin

Anyway, your wish na just wish. E go still take you like around 3-4 weeks to get ur SSN which is needed to get a job regardless. If you have a 9ja DL you can start driving (depending on ur state's law) pending ur U.S DL.

My honest advice is... if you really need a career NOT just a job, go back to school.. even if you have ur 9ja degree... just go back to school to further ur education.

There's no magic or shortcut to it UNLESS you're an IT guru or plan to focus in that field. wink

Anyway, welcome aboard and all the best! cool
Thanks so much.
I'll really keep this in mind.
Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by dayleke: 2:50am On Aug 31, 2018
Greizman:

Thanks for your comment.
I am a graduate and I have my Nigerian driver's license.
I have already paid the fees to process my green card.
My location is maryland.
My folks are mostly women and they are not really business minded. They have good jobs over there though.
I just pray everything works well for me there.. I really want to work my way up there.

Thanks for sharing your views.

That's good.
Just go for yours.
Good luck bro.

Btw, where in MD?
Baltimore?
Laurel?
Bowie?
Silver Spring?
Columbia?
Glen Burnie?
Joppa?
Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by vaca1: 5:33am On Aug 31, 2018
Greizman:

Pls how long did it take for immigrant visa to be out (when did you apply). Congratulations
Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by vaca1: 5:35am On Aug 31, 2018
Greizman:

Pls how long did it take for your immigrant visa to be out (when did you apply). Congratulations
Re: What Good Job Can You Suggest To A New Immigrant In USA. by Greizman: 9:27am On Aug 31, 2018
vaca1:

Pls how long did it take for your immigrant visa to be out (when did you apply). Congratulations
My mum filed in 2011. My visa was approved this month.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chi Limited Calling For Test!!! / Telepoint Telecommunications Test On Friday! / Vacancy At Cameron Oil & Gas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.