Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,847 members, 7,872,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:30 PM

Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC (53519 Views)

Kwankwaso Won't Become VP To Peter Obi - NNPP / Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide / Why Osinbajo chartered private chopper for Kabba trip – Investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by fyneguy: 8:03pm On Aug 21, 2018
Racoon:

So Nigeria must continue to bear Buhari's clueless, gross incompetence & ineptitude thereby magnifying gross mediocrity over merit You're still far from redemption.

The best you can do is to vote against him next year. However, if your vote will be enough to get him out is another kettle of fish.

For some of us, Buhari 2019, Osinbajo 2023. We will wait!

2 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by Idrismusty97(m): 8:03pm On Aug 21, 2018
2023 would be a battle between the southeast and southwest. I see Rochas Okorocha defecting once it's certain the APC ticket won't unfortunately goes to the SE, He is perhaps their best shot at the presidency and would be hail as a saint then. Both major party will have a northern VP of course and depending on the popularity of those VPs the northern votes might be split. But right now the odds is in favour of the Southwest in the APC irrespective of the candidates they field in their slot. But then again everything will change if the PDP field a popular southwest candidate either from defections or any available, Perhaps Tinubu will want the ticket for himself and Osinbajo will angrily defect to PDP(Or whatever the name would be). 2023 would be interesting involving a lot of permutations, calculations and political twists. Can't wait. And oh...I am not talking about 2019 because it is quite obvious even to the blind that Buhari will win.
Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by meobizy(f): 8:03pm On Aug 21, 2018
Odingo1:

That is Yorubas for you, painting Buhari black and praising their own Osinbajo as if two of them are not ruling together, lets see how after their betrayals and the north will give them power in 2023. They have never learn their lesson. The north is taking note, all their interest is to keep Buhari till 2023 and then take over, they will be heavily disappointed by the North, Time will tell.
Nairalanders will say rubbish as usual because it’s all they do, troll all day — and night. Na the work them dey do.
This user mentioned proved my quote correct.
Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by Ojiofor: 8:04pm On Aug 21, 2018
sarrki:

Southeast can’t hate Apc and still say they wants to take over

That will be double standard

You can’t reap where you did not sow

APC will lose power in 2019 so dream on.
Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by gadada98: 8:05pm On Aug 21, 2018
what nonsense are they talking about,,, osinbajo lied that he was a yoruba,, people discovered he was a lier... and that why his church have been spitted and many stop going because he lied and deceive them,, Yoruba dont bear the name osinbajo

he is not favoured in anything for buhari to return to power, he has to get rid of osinbajo, in the power politics of nigeria. the poll show if osinbajo return back to power.. as running mate , buhari will loss the election.. nobody want osinbajo or Osiebanjo as he is called on the street. Osiebanjo mean useless man in Yoruba

awomama is in imo state..

Osinabjo is a curse to his church... here is a video of their annual convection, you can see emty sit. because it is not good to tell lies.. Yoruba people dont bear the name osinjo.. Osinbano is a biafran,, not amount of 419 can fool the yorubas..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYutTRxfeGY
Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by gentlegenius(m): 8:06pm On Aug 21, 2018
seunmsg:

Osinbajo is not an over ambitious traitor like Atiku. He would support and run with his boss for another term. When power shifts to the south in 2023, he will try his luck if his party presents him.
Run again with the dullard?
It is either APC tell the dullard to step aside now or they'll loose next year's election to the PDP... No dullard will mislead this country again.

Now close your eyes let's pray...

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by holytribe(m): 8:06pm On Aug 21, 2018
Bolustical:
We SWners do not want the Presidency right now. If OBJ could get 8 years, Buhari deserves his own too.

All we want is 2023. We have enough capable hands. Osibanjo, Fasola, Ambode, Amosun, Akinwunmi Adesina. Name them in every sphere.

We have also invested so much in the electronic, print and social media. So, all is set.

BTW, we don't want any votes from the East. If Abiola could win in 1993 and Buhari in 2015 without the Igbos, we would win again.

Amosun on the list makes your opinion null and void
Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by fyneguy: 8:07pm On Aug 21, 2018
CSTR1005:
lol.

The BBC does not know about the regional balance of power in Nigeria.

It is not their fault though. They are not Nigerians.

tell us about it
Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by fyneguy: 8:08pm On Aug 21, 2018
gadada98:
what nonsense are they talking about,,, osinbajo lied that he was a yoruba,, people discovered he was a lier... and that why his church have been spitted and many stop going because he lied and deceive them,, Yoruba dont bear the name osinbajo

he is not favoured in anything for buhari to return to power, he has to get rid of osinbajo, in the power politics of nigeria. the poll show if osinbajo return back to power.. as running mate , buhari will loss the election.. nobody want osinbajo or Osiebanjo as he is called on the street. Osiebanjo mean useless man in Yoruba

This one is frustrated. He has taken an overdose of Tramadol.

Eyah

2 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by statusquoante: 8:10pm On Aug 21, 2018
CSTR1005:

Says the perpetual opposition that has packed all their eggs in the APC basket.

Once buhari leaves in 2023, we will revisit this statement.

Of course, Yorubas know they don't stand a chance in Wike's PDP.
Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by fyneguy: 8:12pm On Aug 21, 2018
Odingo1:

That is Yorubas for you, painting Buhari black and praising their own Osinbajo as if two of them are not ruling together, lets see how after their betrayals and the north will give them power in 2023. They have never learn their lesson. The north is taking note, all their interest is to keep Buhari till 2023 and then take over, they will be heavily disappointed by the North, Time will tell.

lol Is it your north?

Leave northerners alone. This arrangement is mutually beneficial to both North and South. In 2023, Northerners will reciprocate the gesture while some people rant away.

2 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by CSTR1005: 8:13pm On Aug 21, 2018
Idrismusty97:
2023 would be a battle between the southeast and southwest. I see Rochas Okorocha defecting once it's certain the APC ticket won't unfortunately goes to the SE. Both major party will have a northern VP of course and depending on the popularity of those VPs the northern votes might be split. But right now the odds is in favour of the Southwestirrespective of the candidates they field in their slot.
Let assume the south west get the slot from the APC.
The PDP fields a northern candidate, obliterates the Yoruba candidate in the rest of the south and the core north.
And the pdp wins, then the path become even clearer for the inevitable igbo presidency, which looks more certain though longer.

The most feasible course of action for the APC is an igbo presidency.

That is the only way to deal a lethal blow to the pdp in the south.
PDP won the south even under buhari. They will win it again forever unless the Eastern political machinery turns against them.

3 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by fyneguy: 8:14pm On Aug 21, 2018
Idrismusty97:
2023 would be a battle between the southeast and southwest. I see Rochas Okorocha defecting once it's certain the APC ticket won't unfortunately goes to the SE, He is perhaps their best shot at the presidency and would be hail as a saint then. Both major party will have a northern VP of course and depending on the popularity of those VPs the northern votes might be split. But right now the odds is in favour of the Southwest in the APC irrespective of the candidates they field in their slot. But then again everything will change if the PDP field a popular southwest candidate either from defections or any available, Perhaps Tinubu will want the ticket for himself and Osinbajo will angrily defect to PDP(Or whatever the name would be). 2023 would be interesting involving a lot of permutations, calculations political twists. Can't wait. And oh...I am not talking about 2019 because it is quite obvious even to the blind that Buhari will win.

Bookmark my response:

Tinubu will support Osinbajo in 2023

3 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by CSTR1005: 8:16pm On Aug 21, 2018
statusquoante:

Of course, Yorubas know they don't stand a chance in Wike's PDP.
And we all know PDP will rule again. They are too big not to.
The only real obstacle is the buhari candidacy which will end in 2023 at most.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by obi58: 8:19pm On Aug 21, 2018
JasonScoolari:
Well, since you're too shy to trace it, I just decided to help you... From the short-put regional headquarters.

LMFAO
Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by nothingspoil70: 8:21pm On Aug 21, 2018
safarigirl:
hopefully I will be doing that from abroad, because the mere idea that I share a country with people like that despicable fellow is nauseating

Nigerians in Nigeria disgust me
LIBYA JOURNEY LOADING
We don't have money left to rescue anybody form LIBYA anymore please think twice before you leave ooo

2 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by Idrismusty97(m): 8:23pm On Aug 21, 2018
CSTR1005:

The PDP fields a northern candidate, obliterates the Yoruba candidate in the rest of the south and the core north.
And the pdp wins, then the path become even clearer for the inevitable igbo presidency, which looks more certain though longer.

PDP won the south even under buhari. They will win it again forever unless the Eastern political machinery turns against them.
Oh no PDP won't field a Northern candidate. Even the North who are perceived to be power hungry are wise enough not to gun for the presidency again after Buhari second term. We know how delicate Nigeria situation is that's why we supported Obasanjo for two terms and ousted Jonathan when he wanted to disrupt the political balance. Hence the defections of Tambuwal, Kwakwaso because now is their last shot at the presidency in 12 years. Things might change of course but it's quite unlikely.

And you missed something crucial which would most likely be the crucial blow to APC. "What if the PDP field the same Southwest candidate like the APC would?" That would almost be a checkmate.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 21, 2018
statusquoante:
Correct.
2023 is the right time whether piggyyeasterners like it or not.
The whole world can't wait to have him in the saddle... cool

why r u such a miserable nincompoop? don't u know know that some fellas from east like Osibanjo's style of leadership?
I don't like responding to silly billys like u but thought putting something across

2 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by bendike: 8:27pm On Aug 21, 2018
Truth be told, even my puppy will do a better job than the daura man is doing now.
Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by CSTR1005: 8:28pm On Aug 21, 2018
fyneguy:

tell us about it
The regional balance of power does not favour a Yoruba candidate.

Not when the pdp will be running with an Eastern vice president due to popular demand.

Though the APC may decide to risk it all and run with a Yoruba candidate.
who knows!? They could win.

But If the PDP runs with a popular northern leader and Igbo VP , cut into a large share of the buhari pro -northern bloc and then inevitably win the south, then the APC is toast.

2023 will be very interesting.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by seunmsg(m): 8:30pm On Aug 21, 2018
CSTR1005:

Let's hold it at the part in bold. So, PDP wins in 2023 with a northern candidate who goes on to rule for 8 years. Thereafter, PDP presents an Igbo candidate and guess what, APC presents another popular candidate from the north with a running mate from the south west. The north wins again and rule for another 8 years. It eventually becomes a circle every 8 years.

The above scenario is based on your logic and calculations o. So you see, it is very flawed. In 2023, power will return to the south and all major political party will present a southern candidate. Even if PDP puts up a northern candidate in violation of the rotation policy, APC will win overwhelmingly. Don't ask me how, just check out how Jonathan won in 2011 even against a popular Buhari.

5 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by CSTR1005: 8:31pm On Aug 21, 2018
The biggest fact to realise in the political calculation of 2023 is that all the die-hard buhari fanatics in the north becomes fair game the moment buhari leaves power.

They will sooner fall to a very credible northerner than a southerner.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by waveman2: 8:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
You got it wrong osinbajo has done well, even ordinary Nigerians can see that. But buhari has also done well to give his vice president the chance to show his government has capable hands when he is not around.i doubt this will cause a friction between them like u think.

Corrinthians:
Bwahahahahahahahaha!

I told everyone days ago that all the praises our Amazing Vice President was getting from these PDP supporters were due to their hope of polarising APC supporters. I PARTICULARLY said, once the gimmick fails, like it did the last time, they'd go back to their default state of misery and hatred against the gentleman in particular and APC in general. grin

It has started happening earlier than I thought it would. grin grin
Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
seunmsg:

Osinbajo is not an over ambitious traitor like Atiku. He would support and run with his boss for another term. When power shifts to the south in 2023, he will try his luck if his party presents him.

The semi dulllard osinbanjo only got to that seat because Nigerians rejected Buhari tiffnubu Muslim Muslim ticket

use ur sense
Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by JasonScoolari: 8:36pm On Aug 21, 2018
Lemme be with the creative Misswrite for some quality time, the zombies here endorsing that bag of bones for a second term are irritating me.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by Ijeshaooduaman: 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2018
What is the benefit of having your tribesman as president of Nigeria? Instead of these Idio.ts to support Nigeria's disintegration, they are fighting for power. Why not support Nigeria's disintegration so that each tribe will rule themselves? There is something wrong with black people. Black people are cursed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by CSTR1005: 8:41pm On Aug 21, 2018
seunmsg:

Let's hold it at the part in bold. So, PDP wins in 2023 with a northern candidate who goes on to rule for 8 years. Thereafter, PDP presents an Igbo candidate and guess what, APC presents another popular candidate from the north with a running mate from the south west. The north wins again and rule for another 8 years. It eventually becomes a circle every 8 years.

The above scenario is based on your logic and calculations o. So you see, it is very flawed. In 2023, power will return to the south and all major political party will present a southern candidate. Even if PDP puts up a northern candidate in violation of the rotation policy, APC will win overwhelmingly. Don't ask me how, just check out how Jonathan won in 2011 even against a popular Buhari.
Now let me assume the pdp field a southern igbo candidate in 2023 which I doubt since they will want to capitalise on the northern vacuum.
The battle ground becomes the north, because I know the pdp has enough machinery in place to win the south easily especially with an igbo presidency.

And given that there is no more buhari in place, I trust pdp to scramble enough northern votes to win.

Anyway, it is a very risky play that can go either way, but if the pdp wins the south which is very likely in a two southern race , they will win.

2 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by Moukandjo: 8:41pm On Aug 21, 2018
Eaa247:

why r u such a miserable nincompoop? don't u know know that some fellas from east like Osibanjo's style of leadership?
I don't like responding to silly billys like u but thought putting something across
Mr man, which yeasterners are you talking about? We all know the yeasterners don't like Osinbajo. They're only pretending to like Osinbajo because they think it'll spite Buhari & his supporters, not knowing they are united like that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by colestephan86: 8:45pm On Aug 21, 2018
Bolustical:
We SWners do not want the Presidency right now. If OBJ could get 8 years, Buhari deserves his own too.

All we want is 2023. We have enough capable hands. Osibanjo, Fasola, Ambode, Amosun, Akinwunmi Adesina. Name them in every sphere.

We have also invested so much in the electronic, print and social media. So, all is set.

BTW, we don't want any votes from the East. If Abiola could win in 1993 and Buhari in 2015 without the Igbos, we would win again.

i do not know what part of the west you are from, but i would say u lack information and it is people like you that go around envangelising what is not true. in 1993 the easterners and every other nigerian all came out to vote for MKO. please learn to get facts right first then talk. yemi cole thats my name
Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by Ijeshaooduaman: 8:46pm On Aug 21, 2018
safarigirl:
tbis is such an insult to the souls of all the Igbos that died fighting to actualise MKO's mandate

Then again, this is Nairaland, where the lowest of cretins Nigerian can produce loiter. No surprises
How many Ibos died actualizing Abiola's mandate? Hope you know Abiola did not win the South east, Rivers and Bayelsa states? What is the benefit in having your tribesmen rule this sh.itehole called Nigeria?
Anyways, I tire for Nigeria. If I say this country should split, the mods will ban me.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by CSTR1005: 8:47pm On Aug 21, 2018
Idrismusty97:
Oh no PDP won't field a Northern candidate. Even the North who are perceived to be power hungry are wise enough not to gun for the presidency again after Buhari second term. We know how delicate Nigeria situation is that's why we supported Obasanjo for two terms and ousted Jonathan when he wanted to disrupt the political balance. Hence the defections of Tambuwal, Kwakwaso because now is their last shot at the presidency in 12 years. Things might change of course but it's quite unlikely.

And you missed something crucial which would most likely be the crucial blow to APC. "What if the PDP field the same Southwest candidate like the APC would?" That would almost be a checkmate.
If the pdp does not field a northern candidate, then an igbo candidate becomes inevitable.

They already have political capital in the south not to stress for a victory in the south east and south south , the battle ground then becomes the north.

The only thing that will stop a pdp victory is if somehow all the buhari northern fanatics transfers to Osibanjo.

It is very possible. But the pdp should be able to prevent it if they are smart.
Re: Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC by Shukuakukobambi: 8:50pm On Aug 21, 2018
safarigirl:
tbis is such an insult to the souls of all the Igbos that died fighting to actualise MKO's mandate

Then again, this is Nairaland, where the lowest of cretins Nigerian can produce loiter. No surprises
CSTR1005:

You don't need to answer him.

Just wait till 2023 if you can , and then remind him of his folly.

You can see how frustrating it is when some cretins from your neck of the woods make it a duty to insult the memory of Victor Banjo who was executed by Ojukwu or when they denigrate Wole Soyinka and the 3 years he spent in jail all in his attempt to advocate for biafra.

I personally cannot forget the contributions of Ndubuisi Kanu or Ralph Obioha and others who stood by the June 12 mandate just like i hope you also revere the Yorubas who have stood on the side of your people at various times

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abuja Schools Shut Down As A Truckload Of Bandits Arrives Border Town / Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West / Buhari Wore His 2015 Inauguration Attire During His Visit To Morocco(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.