Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,504 members, 7,932,640 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 10:31 AM

See Why Sowore Wage Structure Will Fail - Aroms Aigbehi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Why Sowore Wage Structure Will Fail - Aroms Aigbehi (434 Views)

Why Sowore Deserves To Be Forgiven By Goodluck Jonathan Supporters – FFK / Give Reasons Why Sowore Should Be President / 6 Reasons Why Sowore Should Be Elected As Next President By Dr Malcolm Fabiyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Why Sowore Wage Structure Will Fail - Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 9:38pm On Aug 21, 2018
Picture this. Nigeria 1972 there was a guy called General Yakubu Gowon, he was the head of state of Nigeria.

There was another guy called Chief Jerome Udoji. One day The General said. Listen Udoji, Nigeria has too much money we don't know what to do with it. What do you think we should do? Udoji said, Let's share the money. First, we must increase the salary of all civil servants even doubling some of them and pay out huge one time bonuses.

The general said. great idea. After that. The farmers, traders and others started to complain because they didn't get salary increase so they increased their market price of goods and services. Therefore, hyperinflation was created and everybody blamed the Igbos.

Then the value of the money started falling.

Fast forward 2018, a young politician came up and say Listen I will pay N100,000 minimum wage when I am elected. Then lots of young people who don't understand economics starts to hail and clap their hands.

Me, I couldn't resist, so I write a small post because most of the children hailing now where not born in 1972 yet. He who doesn't know his history will always repeat past mistakes.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=456584814847632&id=158338594672257

Re: See Why Sowore Wage Structure Will Fail - Aroms Aigbehi by afroniger: 9:44pm On Aug 21, 2018
While I don't necessarily support Sowore's pay increase idea, what about the jumbo pay that our Sinators are paying themselves? Nigeria's economy hasn't crashed over their preposterous jumbo pay na. Or are your saying the Sinators are doing something more spectacular and better than the average Nigerian worker? Just asking o.

1 Like

Re: See Why Sowore Wage Structure Will Fail - Aroms Aigbehi by Minjim: 10:04pm On Aug 21, 2018
Interesting.

100k cant be realistic. Maybe 50k

Because if you pay level 1 100k, do you know what it will amount to in level14?
Re: See Why Sowore Wage Structure Will Fail - Aroms Aigbehi by Nukilia: 10:37pm On Aug 21, 2018
Enough of all these stupid idiots who are not in any way different from Buhari and his political crooks...

We see people shouting sai baba, Atiku, Sowore et al. 2019. Nobody is asking these aspirants for their blue print on the economy. We need to check the IQ of these folks.

grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Irate Biafran Youths Set Imo Magistrates’ Court On Fire / APC Will Win 2019 Elections, Buhari Boasts / Kingsley Moghalu Has No Intention To Drop His Presidential Ambition - TBAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.