Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,084 members, 7,880,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:08 PM

Most Nigerian Artists Are Not As Good As They Sound On A Record- Music Producer - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Most Nigerian Artists Are Not As Good As They Sound On A Record- Music Producer (254 Views)

Top 7 Cars Most Nigerian Celebrities Buy / Top 10 Nigerian Artists That Are Cultists (no. 2 Will Shock You) / Most Nigerian Artists Are Not As Good As They Sound On A Record- Music Producer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Most Nigerian Artists Are Not As Good As They Sound On A Record- Music Producer by Mophasa(m): 1:12pm On Aug 23, 2018
WHY NIGERIAN MUSIC PRODUCERS ARE UNDERATED - MUSIC PRODUCER,RICHARD KING:
A Nigerian music producer,Richard Chukwuka popularly known as Richard kingsville creative has stated that Nigerian music Producers are not given the necesssary credit and recognition due to them in the entertainment industry.

Richard Kings Ville Creative who stated this during a chat with an online radio which was monitored by Viewsmedia also said that most Nigerian artistes are not always as good as they sound on music records,but it takes a good music producer to bring out the best in a music artist,but at the end of the day little or no credit is given to the producer but the artiste gets all the accolades and fame".

Richard King who talked passionately about the creative industry is also working on a project to be giving out free beats to upcoming music acts and also giving out alms to the less priviledged.

He however reiterated that a day will come when Nigerian Music Producers will be celebrated as much as a recording artist.

He said "My name is Richard Chukwuka Adigwu popularly known as Richard King"

"Am from delta state okpanam oshimili north local government. Am a music producer and studio engineer";

"Music has been a significant part of my life!;

When asked about how he came into music Production,he said he took interest in music production at a very young age as he started playing the piano in his local church choir and went into music production during his secondary school days.

",I started music production back in my secondary school days and i played the piano in my church choir which helped me keep up with my everyday practice since i didn't own a piano to practice with."

Richard King also talked about how he met former Mo Hits" Superstar KSwitch" and how the meeting changed the cause of his music production career;

"I kept producing till i had my big break when i had an encounter with kswitch and we did a song titled "Go Down Now" .

"it was back in 2011 when i was in my studio cooking beats as usual when my friend called me up and asked me to send any dope beat of mine that he was with kswitch at that time and so i did. "He heard it and decided to run verses on it and that gave birth to "Go Down Now" ."

"After that project,I worked on another project with omoakin titled "Do Me Wayo" then i had to take some time off from music to focus on school. I graduated from the university of portharcourt where i studied linguistics and communication studies in the year 2014."

"I Got back to the music scene aftet taking some time out to perfect my craft. And now i can say i have mastered the arts of music production as well as sound engineering with my unique sounds and beats. I have recently done a couple of production for music acts like Dr Barz,Tripp, Kella Etc.

He talked about music producers not getting the necessary credit and royalty for the hard work they put in!

"I have been in the industry for a long time,and i know how all this things work!

"As a music producer,you dont get the necessary credit for the work you put in to make an artist "Blow" or get a hit song. Without a good producer,there would be no great artist like Wizkid or Davido!

"Thats why most Music producers like Don Jazzy,Maleek Berry, Mutay etc ,now have their own Songs" just to get some recognition!"

"I also recently did a song titled "Show Love" Which featured Dr Barz,Kella and Tripp and lots of people have been talking about it"!

"The industry needs to appreciate the producers and sound engineers because they are the reason why we have good sounds and records" He said.

Richard King,who seems to be very passionate about the entertainment industry also talked about his upcoming projects, which includes a reality Tv Show which will air on his Youtube Page "Kings Ville Creative".

The show will include giving supports to talented upcoming music acts by giving them free music beats, and going out on the streets on fridays to give out foodstuff and relieve materials to the less priviledged in the society.

"I recently started a project. More like a reality tv show that airs on my youtube page "kings ville creative" and my personal blog "blog.kingsVilleCreative.com".

"One of the sweetest part of the show is the free beat Wednesday show where i give out free beats and call on dope artists to run verses on those beat;"

And "show love fridays" where i step out with my team and a guest to go extend alms of love to the less Privilege"

He also appealed to entertainers to try and give back to the society,as well as the government and private sectors should also support the creative industry as its provides numerous employment opportunities to the Nigerian Youths.

"I must say that the creative industry needs more minds to come together to make this world a better place and that is what kings ville creative is all about. Making a change with creativity.".

Credit: ViewsMedia

https://www.viewsnaija.com/2018/08/why-nigerian-music-producers-are.html?m=1

Re: Most Nigerian Artists Are Not As Good As They Sound On A Record- Music Producer by Ekez(m): 1:14pm On Aug 23, 2018
Lala

(1) (Reply)

Duncan Mighty Accused Of Slapping PH Based Video Director / Real Madrid Sends Injured Man City Keeper Bravo Touching Message / Leave God Out Of Your Feminism, T-boss Cautions Feminists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.