Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,129 members, 7,880,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:18 PM

Stealing Is A Sin Not Smartness. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Stealing Is A Sin Not Smartness. (848 Views)

Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) / When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) / How Can Someone Increase The Smartness And Intelligence Of An Unborn Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stealing Is A Sin Not Smartness. by julianH(m): 12:59pm On Jun 26, 2010
[center]TEXT: JOSHUA 7:1-10
MEMORY VERSE: EXODUS 20:15.[/center]

God gave Moses the Ten Commandment, in it He said “tell my people you should not steal”. Simply put, “do not take what is not yours or what was not given to you. Those days the punishment for stealing was stoning the culprit – the person found guilty of stealing – to death. This goes to show that God did not tolerate it and still do not tolerate it.

If you come across a biro in your class, lost money, shoes, books, novel necklace etc that does not belong to do not take it. Find someone instead to hand the item over to. If you fail to do so and keep the found item for yourself you have violated God’s law that says we should not steal.

Again do not take whatever your parents did not ask you to take, if you do, you have stolen in the eyes of God. You may be deceived into believing that your parent properties belong to you. Yes they are yours but only if they are given to you by them.

The devil tempts you with those things he know you love like meat, fish bread, egg, money etc but you can overcome him through prayers and discipline so start now. Every armed robber you hear about, know today or see on the television paraded by the police starting by stealing little things.

In our text today, Israel and Achan lost God’s protection because one of them stole what was not theirs so they lost to their enemies at the battle front.

LESSONS TO LEARN AND PRACTISE:
 Do not take things that do not belong to you.
 Satisfaction cannot be gotten from stealing. All you will ever get is shame.

PRAYER POINTS:
 Holy Spirit, help me never to steal.
 Lord, help me to me contented what I have.

(1) (Reply)

Bitter Husband Sets Wife Ablaze / TYPES OF SALARY B / ...naija Boy Who Weds His 85 Yrs Old German Friend....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.