Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,945 members, 7,922,335 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 02:46 AM

Does A Wife Have A Right To Open Her Husband's Text Messages? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does A Wife Have A Right To Open Her Husband's Text Messages? (945 Views)

My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night / Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? / Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does A Wife Have A Right To Open Her Husband's Text Messages? by nairavsdollars(f): 7:09am On Aug 24, 2018
A young man who got married a year ago complained to me:

" My wife monitors my phone and reads my text messages. I have warned her to desist as i didn't check hers. Whenever she sees any text message from a female asking for one information or the other, she will be demanding an explanation on who she is".

'Now she has taken her actions to a ridiculously low level by opening my fresh text message.A MESSAGE SENT TO MY MOBILE PHONE, FOR ME..I was in the parlour when she brought my phone that i have a message which she has already opened and read".

"I got so angry and some of my friends i told said it's because i have given her too much freedom during the dating years".

"Why will she prying into my phone when i dont do that to her?"

Re: Does A Wife Have A Right To Open Her Husband's Text Messages? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:10am On Aug 24, 2018
It depends on the kinda couple they are.

Nothing wrong with it for couples who have nothing to hide.
Re: Does A Wife Have A Right To Open Her Husband's Text Messages? by Olalan(m): 7:12am On Aug 24, 2018
If you can't access your partners phones then something isn't right........aren't you supposed to be best of friends
Re: Does A Wife Have A Right To Open Her Husband's Text Messages? by zinnydan(f): 7:12am On Aug 24, 2018
She should.... You two are married so your phone is her phone
Re: Does A Wife Have A Right To Open Her Husband's Text Messages? by Arkmanbuddy(m): 7:14am On Aug 24, 2018
Don't know why he's complaining, does he have skeleton in his cupboard?

Please where is that useless KingSatan boy?
Re: Does A Wife Have A Right To Open Her Husband's Text Messages? by KingSatan: 7:16am On Aug 24, 2018
Arkmanbuddy:
Don't know why he's complaining, does he have skeleton in his cupboard?

My son, why insult the Lord your God this morning. Are your frustrated or depressed? Then get a rope and start your journey back to me. I can't wait to make a BBQ off you lovely skin.
Re: Does A Wife Have A Right To Open Her Husband's Text Messages? by majamajic(m): 7:17am On Aug 24, 2018
I even find it difficult going to her pot, I believe privacies should be respected.

1 Like

Re: Does A Wife Have A Right To Open Her Husband's Text Messages? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:22am On Aug 24, 2018
Arkmanbuddy:

People like you make some nonentities get the attention they badly seek.
Did you dream about him or what exactly?!
Re: Does A Wife Have A Right To Open Her Husband's Text Messages? by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 24, 2018
Depends on the arrangement they had before marriage or while dating.

For me, my wife can go through my phone and I will also go through her phone. It builds trust!

Though some partner are very smart and tricky, but then, just play your part......God go help you catch him/her one day!
Re: Does A Wife Have A Right To Open Her Husband's Text Messages? by dollytino4real(f): 10:06am On Aug 24, 2018
any woman who does dat wants to die early, men and cheat are equal.
Re: Does A Wife Have A Right To Open Her Husband's Text Messages? by chii8(f): 10:24am On Aug 24, 2018
dollytino4real:
any woman who does dat wants to die early, men and cheat are equal.

My husband doesn't cheat biko

1 Like

Re: Does A Wife Have A Right To Open Her Husband's Text Messages? by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 24, 2018
Reading your messages before you do is a sign of disrespect. Not cool at all.

Agreed, she's got rights to your phone, but not as a monitoring agent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does A Wife Have A Right To Open Her Husband's Text Messages? by Florblu(f): 11:38am On Aug 24, 2018
Yes,you can check his text messages. But whenever he start complaining about it, stop it and act cool.
Re: Does A Wife Have A Right To Open Her Husband's Text Messages? by dollytino4real(f): 12:01pm On Aug 24, 2018
chii8:

My husband doesn't cheat biko
thank goodness but pls don't check his text 4 ur safety
Re: Does A Wife Have A Right To Open Her Husband's Text Messages? by Arkmanbuddy(m): 1:36pm On Aug 24, 2018
post=70556190:

People like you make some nonentities get the attention they badly seek.
Did you dream about him or what exactly?!

I was only asking for him to start WW3, nothing more. And please don't be so rude to me, garrit?
Re: Does A Wife Have A Right To Open Her Husband's Text Messages? by Arkmanbuddy(m): 1:39pm On Aug 24, 2018
KingSatan:

My son, why insult the Lord your God this morning. Are your frustrated or depressed? Then get a rope and start your journey back to me. I can't wait to make a BBQ off you lovely skin.

You are a complete charlatan! I laugh when I see your posts because you seem like a depressed idiot. Just be careful what you wish for yourself, you just might get it.
Re: Does A Wife Have A Right To Open Her Husband's Text Messages? by foyeks2001(f): 3:01pm On Aug 24, 2018
I do check my husband's phones and he also checks mine as well. No biggie
Re: Does A Wife Have A Right To Open Her Husband's Text Messages? by chiommy123(f): 3:08pm On Aug 24, 2018
What is he hiding
Re: Does A Wife Have A Right To Open Her Husband's Text Messages? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 24, 2018
Orla234:
Reading your messages before you do is a sign of disrespect. Not cool at all.

Agreed, she's got rights to your phone, but not as a monitoring agent.

Hello everybody!

This fine lady has said it all

(1) (Reply)

8kg Scanfrost Washing Machine For Sale / Counselors In The House Please Advise / 10 Ways To Marry The Wrong Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.