Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,877 members, 7,889,926 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:39 AM

Your Views: Clemence Westerhof And Nigerian Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Your Views: Clemence Westerhof And Nigerian Football (1567 Views)

5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say / Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof / Clemens Westerhof Says Siasia, Amokachi, Oliseh Are Baby Coaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Views: Clemence Westerhof And Nigerian Football by ajibey(m): 2:28pm On Jun 26, 2010
Algers '90 , Silver medal

Senegal '92, Bronze Medal

Tunsia '94, Gold Medal

WAFU cup Medals all through

First World cup appearance for Nigeria

Discovered so many Home based Players (Super Eagles 'B' Team) and made them compete with foreign players

So many training Tours to expose home based eagles without NFA's involvement

PAPENDAL Home of the eagles

Always welcomed at OTA farms camping ground for eagles (Low cost facility which graduated great players)

I still look up to the day a coach will be given such free hands IBB, Aikhomu and Abacha gave Clemence Westerhof to work when he was the Technical Adviser and general overseer of the Super Eagles.
A man with wisdom who employed Jo Bonfere to do the coaching, employed a good goal keeper trainer to take care of the the goalkeepers and Westerhof himself made sure the team was not distracted by facing NFA and the press himself and going straight to the presidency to avoid chop i chop NFA officials and making sure we achieved great football results.
He single handledly put Nigeria on the world stage of football for the first time and only the time in history an African team was placed 5th on FIFA rankings before the USA '94 world cup and and placed 9th after the World cup because we were eliminated in the round of 16.

I pray that day will come again when football will be brought back to the Arena of Football in Nigeria The National Stadium in Surulere where any team that comes to Nigeria knows they are coming to the slaughter house of the Super Eagles some of our victims them included

Nig Vs C'ote de Ivorie, 4-1
Nig Vs Algeria, 4 - 1
Nig Vs Ethiopia, 7 - 0
Nig Vs Sudan , 4-0
Nig Vs South Africa, 4 -0

These were the days as a Nigerian you know Rasheed Yekini will score 2 goals, Samson Siasia will perform, Dan the BULL Amokachi will destroy the defence, Finidi will give tailored passes, Uche Okechukwu the Rock at the heart of defence was there, Ben Iroha the dependable NO. 3 man was there Augustine Eguavoen was there, Sunday Oliseh ever accurate, Friday Ekpo, Thompson Oliha, Friday Elastic Elaho, Alloy Agu, Peter Rufai
the list is just endless and you can imagine 75% of these players started from local League in Nigeria and Westerhof was able to get them good clubs, monitor their performances and getting them to play for Nigeria from their clubs was no big problem.

Just a pity Younger Nigerians are no longer enjoying Good Football from super chickens as are fondly called by Nigerians now

Sani Lulu please get out of the NFF for people that can do the job with passion; we tired of my pocket alone people in Nigeria

People your Comments
Re: Your Views: Clemence Westerhof And Nigerian Football by 12large: 4:59pm On Jun 26, 2010
abeg shut amodu was also given free hand, lagerback was also given free hand. please don't get anything twisted this nff bunch have been far more organzied than the won in the 1990s, from 2007 to 2010 i have never heard of match bonuses not paid, infact they even pay this current super eagles more. 1990s nff was disorganized as hell na them give us bad name

(1) (Reply)

Footballers Who's Appearance Does Not Suit Football: / Karate And Self Defence Adult & Kids Training NOW At LEKKI .... / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.