Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,251 members, 7,894,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 11:38 PM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (310986 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 3:21pm On Dec 24, 2018
Hotdiamond:

How smooth is it and RAM management.
How about battery life.

Smooth yes
Ram management, I use 4gb variant so I'm not really bothered
Battery depends on your usage. At least 10 hrs

But it seems the rom has been discontinued. Let's wait till new year
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Hotdiamond(m): 5:20pm On Dec 24, 2018
GrandMufti:

Smooth yes
Ram management, I use 4gb variant so I'm not really bothered
Battery depends on your usage. At least 10 hrs

But it seems the rom has been discontinued. Let's wait till new year
In that case. I'll stick around with the one I am with. What ain't broke need no fixing.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Meklex(m): 7:34pm On Dec 24, 2018
GrandMufti:

Unlock bootloader first
this is what I got

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:43pm On Dec 24, 2018
Meklex:
this is what I got

Yes.. Try in about two weeks time when the time has elapsed
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Meklex(m): 7:48pm On Dec 24, 2018
GrandMufti:

Yes.. Try in about two weeks time when the time has elapsed
okay. while waiting I need to learn about the next steps.

I will install TWRP abi? I dey see alternatives which is better on RN5.
Do I need to root? I also need to install GCAM and that ROM (MiuiPro 8.12.13). I need to study the steps involved.

Thanks for your help so far
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 8:00pm On Dec 24, 2018
Meklex:

Do I need to root? I also need to install GCAM and that ROM (MiuiPro 8.12.13). I need to the steps involved.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5-pro/how-to/one-xiaomi-redmi-note-5-whyred-unlock-t3778049

In addition to the above, you need magisk manager app and magisk Uninstaller zip file saved in your internal memory for later use

Not sure about miuipro rom... but there are tons of miui custom roms
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Meklex(m): 8:24pm On Dec 24, 2018
GrandMufti:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5-pro/how-to/one-xiaomi-redmi-note-5-whyred-unlock-t3778049

In addition to the above, you need magisk manager app and magisk Uninstaller zip file saved in your internal memory for later use

Not sure about miuipro rom... but there are tons of miui custom roms
which ROM would you recommend?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 8:32pm On Dec 24, 2018
Meklex:
which ROM would you recommend?

Difficult to say..
McAosp
Siberia
Liquid Remix
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Meklex(m): 9:15pm On Dec 24, 2018
GrandMufti:

Difficult to say..
McAosp
Siberia
Liquid Remix
I will start with McAosp. Does it have night/dark theme? Also I want a rom that has the iPhone status/notification bar style.

I would also appreciate a link on how to flash the McAosp rom. Let me start studying all of this from today
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 9:28pm On Dec 24, 2018
Meklex:
I will start with McAosp. Does it have night/dark theme? Also I want a rom that has the iPhone status/notification bar style.

I would also appreciate a link on how to flash the McAosp rom. Let me start studying all of this from today

Siberia and liquid should have dark themes

How to Flash any ROM using TWRP
1.Download the required ROM and store it in anywhere on your device.
2.Download recommended gapps (Check the ROM' thread for recommended gapps. If there is none you can download gapps from www.opengapps.org. Choose arm64, then 7,8 or 8.1 as per your ROM and then choose nano package or pico as these two cause the least issues)
3. Reboot to recovery by by keeping volume up and power button pressed while rebooting.
4. Tap on WIPE and select dalvik,system, data and cache.
5. Swipe to WIPE now.
6. Tap on install and select ROM's ZIP. swipe to flash
7. tap on install and select gapps ZIP. (If you are flashing some custom ROM you need gapps. Gapps are not needed for official MIUI and custom MIUI ROMs)
8. Tap on install and select magisk ZIP if you want to install magisk (Optioal step if you need root)
9.Reboot now.

Remeber to flash lazy flasher zip as well after flashing MIUI ROM zip or if its mentioned in the ROM's thread. get lazyflasher using #lazyflasher. You don't need lazyflasher if you are using redwolf recovery.

**copied from telegram group **

@whyredofficial

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Meklex(m): 9:46pm On Dec 24, 2018
GrandMufti:

Siberia and liquid should have dark themes

How to Flash any ROM using TWRP
1.Download the required ROM and store it in anywhere on your device.
2.Download recommended gapps (Check the ROM' thread for recommended gapps. If there is none you can download gapps from www.opengapps.org. Choose arm64, then 7,8 or 8.1 as per your ROM and then choose nano package or pico as these two cause the least issues)
3. Reboot to recovery by by keeping volume up and power button pressed while rebooting.
4. Tap on WIPE and select dalvik,system, data and cache.
5. Swipe to WIPE now.
6. Tap on install and select ROM's ZIP. swipe to flash
7. tap on install and select gapps ZIP. (If you are flashing some custom ROM you need gapps. Gapps are not needed for official MIUI and custom MIUI ROMs)
8. Tap on install and select magisk ZIP if you want to install magisk (Optioal step if you need root)
9.Reboot now.

Remeber to flash lazy flasher zip as well after flashing MIUI ROM zip or if its mentioned in the ROM's thread. get lazyflasher using #lazyflasher. You don't need lazyflasher if you are using redwolf recovery.

**copied from telegram group **

@whyredofficial
okay. No vex for my question o. Will I lose my files each time I flash a new rom? And which of these roms you mentioned can give me the iPhone status bar?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 10:11pm On Dec 24, 2018
Meklex:
okay. No vex for my question o. Will I lose my files each time I flash a new rom? And which of these roms you mentioned can give me the iPhone status bar?

No. Provided you don't wipe internal memory.

No android rom can give you iPhone status bar. You will have to use a theme

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by gidieberry(m): 10:17pm On Dec 24, 2018
Meklex:

Do I need to root? I also need to install GCAM and that ROM (MiuiPro 8.12.13). I need to study the steps involved.

which miui version is ya device running presently
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Meklex(m): 10:31pm On Dec 24, 2018
gidieberry:
which miui version is ya device running presently
miui 10
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Meklex(m): 10:34pm On Dec 24, 2018
GrandMufti:

No. Provided you don't wipe internal memory.

No android rom can give you iPhone status bar. You will have to use a theme
ok. Do you have a link to the latest McAosp? Let me download it and read more about it too. Thanks
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by gidieberry(m): 10:34pm On Dec 24, 2018
Meklex:
miui 10
ya firmwarw had arb v4.. Sey u undstand sa?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Meklex(m): 10:37pm On Dec 24, 2018
gidieberry:
ya firmwarw had arb v4.. Sey u undstand sa?
anti roll back. What are the implications?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by gidieberry(m): 10:39pm On Dec 24, 2018
Meklex:
anti roll back. What are the implications?
to install twrp, u first have to fastboot boot twrp b4 u flash twrp...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mefICVUbj4Q use this has a guide

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Meklex(m): 10:54pm On Dec 24, 2018
gidieberry:
to install twrp, u first have to fastboot boot twrp b4 u flash twrp...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mefICVUbj4Q use this has a guide
thanks. The video is very helpful. Are you on custom rom?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by gidieberry(m): 10:56pm On Dec 24, 2018
Meklex:
thanks. The video is very helpful. Are you on custom rom?
actually, i am using vince (r5plus) presently but i suppose land whyred anitime soon

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 6:13am On Dec 25, 2018
Meklex:
ok. Do you have a link to the latest McAosp? Let me download it and read more about it too. Thanks

No need to download now. 2 weeks is a lot of time for a new rom to be released

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by ibawon(m): 10:23am On Dec 25, 2018
GrandMufti:

Yes

Brozay. How did you move that bar to the right, I don tire for the thing.
On P.E Rom
Happy Holidays
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 11:08am On Dec 25, 2018
ibawon:

Brozay. How did you move that bar to the right, I don tire for the thing.
On P.E Rom
Happy Holidays

Na the rom o!

There should be an option to swap the recents button and back button

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by nani667: 2:05pm On Dec 25, 2018
AEX for life ✔

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by DLifeless1: 2:13pm On Dec 25, 2018
Ifedith, thanks for the gingering me because I decided to update no matter what the outcome will come out to be and for those who scared me to hell, I know you were trying to advise me to be careful but I updated today without all those bootloader unlocking stuffs. Am now on MIUI v10 as the pictures will show. I took nitrazepam and left it to update expecting the worse but it was smooth. Thank you all.

2 Likes

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 2:20pm On Dec 25, 2018
DLifeless1:
Ifedith, thanks for the gingering me because I decided to update no matter what the outcome will come out to be and for those who scared me to hell, I know you were trying to advise me to be careful but I updated today without all those bootloader unlocking stuffs. Am now on MIUI v10 as the pictures will show. I took nitrazepam and left it to update expecting the worse but it was smooth. Thank you all.

Nice
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by saint2ace(m): 2:37pm On Dec 25, 2018
DLifeless1:

Am I seeing properly or did the baseband just change from the .TA baseband? Congrats....
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Ifedith(m): 2:43pm On Dec 25, 2018
saint2ace:

Am I seeing properly or did the baseband just change from the .TA bandbase? Congrats....
Yes it did. According to my research, baseband is responsible for network, wifi bla bla, and it can be updated also. And I've not come across anything on miui forum that TA is the sign if shop rom, surprised it's a yardstick in this thread sha... Anyway I hope this finally nullifies the TA theory... cool
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 2:46pm On Dec 25, 2018
Ifedith:

Yes it did. According to my research, baseband is responsible for network, wifi bla bla, and it can be updated also. And I've not come across anything on miui forum that TA is the sign if shop rom, surprised it's a yardstick in this thread sha... Anyway I hope this finally nullifies the TA theory... cool

Caveat....

He was using a Chinese rom
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Ifedith(m): 2:57pm On Dec 25, 2018
GrandMufti:

Caveat....

He was using a Chinese rom
Seriously... undecided... So una no see wey i dey scream say na Chinese rom... But because of TA, it concluded to be shop rom...
The fact be be say TA doesn't mean anything as it is ryt now. cool
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by saint2ace(m): 3:05pm On Dec 25, 2018
Ifedith:

Seriously... undecided... So una no see wey i dey scream say na Chinese rom... But because of TA, it concluded to be shop rom...
The fact be be say TA doesn't mean anything as it is ryt now. cool

We don hear Na, stop rubbing it in..... embarassed tongue embarassed
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by HowGlorious: 3:11pm On Dec 25, 2018
GrandMufti:

Na the rom o!

There should be an option to swap the recents button and back button
Which Whyred custom rom?

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (266) (Reply)

Free Kjv Bible Download On Phone / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] / Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.