Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,904 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:56 PM

Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism (19245 Views)

Innocent Nigerian Man Freed In Malaysia After Being Arrested For Cultism. Photos / 4 Secondary School Boys Arrested By Delta Police For Cultism. See Items Recovere / Police Arrests Five Secondary School Student For Cultism (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 24, 2018
A fashion designer identified as Olamide Oyelami, has been arrested and arraigned by the Lagos State Police Command before an Ogba Magistrates’ Court on three counts bordering on cultism and unlawful possession of firearm.

A locally-made pistol loaded with one live cartridge was recovered from the fashion designer, who was arrested during a police patrol on July 22, 2018. The suspect who confessed to being a member of a cult, Alora, said in his statement to the police;

“I live with a childhood friend, Olaitan Olatunji. Olatunji and I went to a birthday party. When it was around 9pm, we left the party. On getting to De-Chandi Hotel near the general hospital on Ota Road, the police patrol team attached to the Elere division accosted me and when they searched me, they recovered one locally-made pistol loaded with one live cartridge.

“The pistol that was found in my possession was given to me by one Leke Obatolu, who resides in the Oniwaya area of Agege. Obatolu gave me the gun at the birthday party. He asked me to keep it for him. Olatunji, Obatolu and I are members of Alora. I joined Alora early last year and Obatolu was the one that initiated me into the cult.”

At the court, police prosecutor, Abiola Adewale disclosed that the cultism offences committed by the 27-year-old Oyo indigene, contravened sections 411, 41 and 51 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State of Nigeria, 2015.

“That you, Olamide Oyelami, and others now at large, on July 22, 2018, around 11.30pm on Ota Road, Ile-Epo, Agege, Lagos, in the Lagos Magisterial District, did conspire among yourselves to commit felony, to wit; belonging to an unlawful society.

“That you, Olamide Oyelami, and others now at large, on the same date, time and place in the aforementioned magisterial district, did manage a confraternity, popularly known as Alora, knowing that the society is unlawful.

“That you, Olamide Oyelami, and others now at large, on the same date, time and place in the aforementioned magisterial district, did unlawfully have in your possession one locally-made single-barrelled pistol with one live cartridge without a licence issued to you by the Inspector-General of Police or any other appropriate authority" his charge read.

The fashion designer who pleaded not guilty to charges of cultism, was granted bail of N200,000, with two sureties in like sum. Punch reported that the case was adjourned till September 27, 2018.

https://lailasnews.com/police-arrest-and-arraign-fashion-designer-for-cultism/

Re: Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:59am On Aug 24, 2018
Thief I gues he use the fashion designer work to cover face.. angry sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism by TissuePaper: 12:53pm On Aug 24, 2018
I still wonder what these boys gain by practising cultism... There is just no gain sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism by AroOkigbo(m): 12:54pm On Aug 24, 2018
Wished they also arrest boko boys like this lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism by solochris(m): 12:54pm On Aug 24, 2018
all these names that start with ola sef, i tire for them

6 Likes

Re: Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism by Melvin0: 12:54pm On Aug 24, 2018
Fashion designer or Tailor

4 Likes

Re: Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism by Xuga(m): 12:54pm On Aug 24, 2018
$150 dollar Amazon gift card balance for sale!!!

Location, Lagos...guys I deal face to face only
Don't call me if you can't meet up in a public place..

$1 to #320 naira

Check my signature for digits..

Thanks[/b]
Re: Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 12:54pm On Aug 24, 2018
shocked shocked

Just look at him....bastard child.

Cultism is not bad. The distinction is that it is not for the common man or those still struggling to survive basic life needs.

Cultism is really fun when you are a rich man or woman, your immediate environment will be at your feet.

if you doubt me, ask Dino Melaye or Wole Soyinka...

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism by nepapole(m): 12:55pm On Aug 24, 2018
Teylor ni eleyi fa.
Re: Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism by SojiCash(m): 12:56pm On Aug 24, 2018
Iranu
Re: Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism by crownson(m): 12:57pm On Aug 24, 2018
Be careful the friends you keep.
Re: Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism by chinavs9ja(m): 12:57pm On Aug 24, 2018
Fashion designer?

I am a website designer and developer
Check my signature
Re: Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism by Abdul3391(m): 12:57pm On Aug 24, 2018
What men do in their closets
Re: Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism by crunchyg: 12:57pm On Aug 24, 2018
No body is above the law. Fashion designer or agbero all are equal. Nice one Nigerian Police
Re: Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism by cocaineaddict(m): 12:58pm On Aug 24, 2018
WENKULE

7 Likes

Re: Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism by theoldpretender(m): 12:58pm On Aug 24, 2018
SAY NO TO TRIBALISIM.

The man is a Nigerian.Period.
Re: Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism by kennypoju04: 12:59pm On Aug 24, 2018
Most of them don't even know what cultism his....
Re: Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism by chiozor: 12:59pm On Aug 24, 2018
the guy is unrepentant cultist...confusing police with Alora as cult name....if you know you know grin

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism by Angel54(f): 12:59pm On Aug 24, 2018
She Falz and P-diddy chilling together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRNfiVgGT_U
Re: Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism by queensera(f): 1:00pm On Aug 24, 2018
theoldpretender:
SAY NO TO TRIBALISIM.

The man is a Nigerian.Period.
Re: Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism by Bawizzo(m): 1:01pm On Aug 24, 2018
See profession; A tailor and also a sailor wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 24, 2018
grin
Re: Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism by anigold(m): 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2018
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

Just look at him....bastard child.

Cultism is not bad. The distinction is that it is not for the common man or those still struggling to survive basic life needs.

Cultism is really fun when you are a rich man or woman, your immediate environment will be at your feet.

if you doubt me, ask Dino Melaye or Wole Soyinka...
am sure u are currently dating cultist, so it's cultism that give woke Soyinka the noble prize right or is cultism that made Dino a senator..if it was so many of my useless colleagues killed due to cultism in university of Calabar could have been Dino n Soyinka

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism by sonsomegrigbo: 1:06pm On Aug 24, 2018
Do I need to check the names?
CAPITAL NO!

We all know where crime rises every day

Igbo amaka
Re: Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism by JacksonOyibo: 1:07pm On Aug 24, 2018
smiley
Re: Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism by 1miccza: 1:08pm On Aug 24, 2018
nepapole:
Teylor ni eleyi fa.

O jo baba moliki ti n se teylor la dugbo wa gan..
Re: Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism by blessedweapon(m): 1:08pm On Aug 24, 2018
Afonja
Re: Police Arrest And Arraign Fashion Designer For Cultism by Thebwoy: 1:08pm On Aug 24, 2018
Flat heads and afonjas where una dey
Food don land

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video Of Abule Egba Fire Outbreak An Oil Spillage Caused The Outbreak / Musa Murtala Dies After His Stepmother Castrated Him / Customs Officer Kills Two Colleagues In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.