Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,684 members, 7,921,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 05:57 AM

Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats (28227 Views)

Obaseki In Meeting With Secondus, Wike, Tambuwal, Others / Court Orders FG To Recover Pensions From Saraki, Akpabio, Amaechi, Others / Full Names Of Buhari's Ministerial List: Gbemi Saraki, Akpabio, Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by gen2briz(m): 3:15pm On Aug 24, 2018
Why
Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 24, 2018
Everybody need to calm down on this matter and stop beating up the polity

After 2019 the law should be changed to defection meaning automatic resignation of any position held while a member of your old party and it will then be up to INEC to set a date for bye-election if the general election is not 6 months away.

The current law is too complex and even the courts will have difficulties interpreting if RAPC is a genuine faction or not. After all in a lot of states there were parallel congresses.

If APC thinks this matter can be started from the Supreme Court without starting from high court then appeal then they are day dreaming!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by milemimi93(m): 3:20pm On Aug 24, 2018
tommykiwi:
APCHIT party make una free Saraki.

Free a criminal?
Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by Odingo1: 3:21pm On Aug 24, 2018
RAPC is enough to support their defection on the ground of serious division, APC should think twice before heading to the court.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by Didcot: 3:22pm On Aug 24, 2018
Waste of time..... With less than a year to go, any judiciary move to unseat those politicians will drag on till their tenure finishes!
Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by Donpenny(m): 3:25pm On Aug 24, 2018
They will surely fail one more time, this time around they may suffer hearth attack. Just like someone comment up there " the defection is the hand work of God manipulation" Their case can be liken to the biblical story of pharaoh and the Isreali. After each plaque they still remain adamant. APC will soon learn their lesson the hard way
Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by Kaycee9242(m): 3:27pm On Aug 24, 2018
Story, who give Nigerian judiciary balls?

1 Like

Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by Olumeme: 3:28pm On Aug 24, 2018
Theubwill not vacate. Worst, they take judiciary to court, and another round of comdey will begin
Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by Kingspin(m): 3:30pm On Aug 24, 2018
Nigeria and their lack of development.
Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by High01: 3:39pm On Aug 24, 2018
ijustdey:

*Saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal others may lose seats

*As Judiciary plans to implement Supreme Court ruling on defections

*That defection can only be valid if division in a party makes it impossible for it to function

*Otherwise defectors must vacate their seats

http://nigerianpilot.com/defections-saraki-akpabio-tambuwal-others-may-lose-seats/

Woe to u people if it is a political move otherwise it is a welcome Ideal.

Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by gimbakupa(m): 3:39pm On Aug 24, 2018
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

the only person losing their seat is Buharry.

if he doesnt want to go after losing his seat next year, he will lose his life
This is too harsh and uncalled for ma'am. Haba!!
Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by Omeokachie: 3:47pm On Aug 24, 2018
Bring it on!
Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by EDOLUWA: 3:48pm On Aug 24, 2018
Is this a country or Banana Republic ? Where the government feels what is good for the goose is not good for the gander!!

1 Like

Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by EDOLUWA: 3:50pm On Aug 24, 2018
Kingspin:
Nigeria and their lack of development.

Real lack of Mental & other development
Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 24, 2018
All dis na noise

Supreme Court is answerable to PDP

PDP control d supreme court
Akpabio might lost is seat because there is no tension in PDP unlike APC dat have faction called R-APC
Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by Chiedu4Trump: 3:52pm On Aug 24, 2018
Then all the PDP people who defected to APC will come back or is it just APC to PDP?

AdamuAudu:
You dey hear say the courts will give accelerated hearing?
The best thing is to just split this country.
You go ur way and get Almajiri Republic.

Let the west get Oduduwa.
We get Biafra.
The middle belt join who they want.
Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by Donpenny(m): 3:55pm On Aug 24, 2018
APC trying to perform some judicial adacadabra which may not be potent this time around . they should accept fate

1 Like

Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 24, 2018
Maket:
My village proverb says "what is good for the geese is also good for the ganders."

What is the name of your Village?
Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by Addme: 4:12pm On Aug 24, 2018
SarakiBukola:
Probability of failure = 99%.

Buhari - "i can work with anybody ...i am for everybody" foolishness is becoming more and more evident.

Tinubu might support him publicly, but he won't resist "I told you so" behind his back tongue

Too late to start roaring like a lion in 2019 when you have been purring like a pvssycat since 2015

PS - APC should sack their legal team and hire Mike Ozekwhone or whatever his name is.

That guy has been a thorn in FG flesh for too long. If you can't beat him, you "convert" him
Mike Ozek...... what?
Tell me 2 cases he has won against FG.He handed Fayose"s case,what became of it.
He handed Dokpesi's case against Tinubu,he begged later and settled out of court.
He handed Dokpesi against FG,my brother,what became of it?
So just tell me.
Though this story is actuallt dead on arrival.
Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by docadams: 4:29pm On Aug 24, 2018
SarakiBukola:
Probability of failure = 99%.

Buhari - "i can work with anybody ...i am for everybody" foolishness is becoming more and more evident.

Tinubu might support him publicly, but he won't resist "I told you so" behind his back tongue

Too late to start roaring like a lion in 2019 when you have been purring like a pvssycat since 2015

PS - APC should sack their legal team and hire Mike Ozekwhone or whatever his name is.

That guy has been a thorn in FG flesh for too long. If you can't beat him, you "convert" him

How many cases has he won? To be loud mouthed does not equate to winning cases.
Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by husseinchoice(m): 4:36pm On Aug 24, 2018
NAWAO..... COMON SENSE
Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by solid3(m): 4:39pm On Aug 24, 2018
How many months do they have for the remaining drama before elections?
Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by TheOdd1sOut: 4:49pm On Aug 24, 2018
obibolamusa:

Wake up.

And which of the people appointed by Buhari are doing well?

Dont deceive yourself, its not political parties that turned these men including Buhari to clowns, its a personal thing.

So dont it sound as if Nigeria would have been paradise if Buhari have unconstitutionally imposed a President on the senate.

Be happy cos a set of clowns might lose their seats not because you see it as a compensation for challenging Buhari.

Think for once without party sentiment.

Fashola is doing well not to mention a few
Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by zolajpower: 4:58pm On Aug 24, 2018
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

the only person losing their seat is Buharry.

if he doesnt want to go after losing his seat next year, he will lose his life
Madam wey ur oga biko?
Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by Mdtoba(m): 5:18pm On Aug 24, 2018
tommykiwi:
Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 24, 2018
Mynd44:
They are waiting to use Stella Oduah as precedence.

It won't work, go to court, they will appeal the judgement and drag all the way to the Supreme Court and by then, May 2019 will pass

They said all cases of defections will be given an accelerated hearing in order to meet up the election dateline..

See last paragraph..
Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by arsenal33: 5:34pm On Aug 24, 2018
tommykiwi:
PDP
Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by SarakiBukola: 5:35pm On Aug 24, 2018
Addme:
Mike Ozek...... what?
Tell me 2 cases he has won against FG.He handed Fayose"s case,what became of it.
He handed Dokpesi's case against Tinubu,he begged later and settled out of court.
He handed Dokpesi against FG,my brother,what became of it?
So just tell me.
Though this story is actuallt dead on arrival.

You know better than me about him...so I would defer to your argument....

I felt him being Sarakis lawyer he was a top shot after escaping on many counts. I also know him as the go-to lawyer for crooks. There must be a reason for that, am I wrong?
Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by KINGOFTHEEAST: 6:07pm On Aug 24, 2018
docadams:

How many cases has he won? To be loud mouthed does not equate to winning cases.
Yoruba and envy if that name was adekunle adebisi you would have shouted hire him kai na who do una this thing
Re: Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats by okojay: 6:08pm On Aug 24, 2018
hmmmmm..... it won't work o..... no need for that APC waiyo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News: FG Suspends National Carrier, Nigeria Air Indefinitely / Bandits Gun Down Assistant Police Commissioner Aminu Umar In Katsina / Obi, Ex-NBA President Olumide Akpata Attend LP Rally In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.