Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,837 members, 7,924,691 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 07:26 PM

I Didn’t Walk 800m To Prove My Fitness To Anybody, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Walk 800m To Prove My Fitness To Anybody, Says Buhari (457 Views)

Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara / 2023: My Fitness Not A Problem, I'm Not Applying To Be A Sprinter - Tinubu / 800m Walk: Sowore Shades Buhari & Atiku. Shares His Own Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Walk 800m To Prove My Fitness To Anybody, Says Buhari by 4Ebiscoo: 11:19pm On Aug 24, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari has reacted to the statement by his spokesman, Garba Shehu, on his 800m walk.

According to the President, whose walk was described as significant of his fitness to contest re-election, he didn't walk to "prove any fitness to anybody".

He said he came out of the car, which had tinted windows, so that the people could see him. He also restated his determination not to be distracted by politicking.

In a series of tweets via his personal handle, @MBuhari, he said he isn't given to "chasing cheap political points", noting that he "doesn't need to walk to convince anyone" about his health and the decision to seek reelection.

The posts read: "Much has been said about my walk in Daura, a few days ago. I didn’t do it to prove my fitness to anybody. The people of my constituency came out in large numbers to see me and the car in which I was had tinted windows. So I decided to come out of the car so the people could see me.

"People who know me know that I am not given to chasing cheap political points. The crowd in Daura were not seeing me, so I came out of the car so they could see me. I didn’t and don’t need to walk to convince anyone about my health and the decision to contest for a second term."

"I remain very grateful to the people for their enthusiastic reception. And let me say that we will not be distracted by politicking or anything else. The security and welfare of all Nigerians, young, old, female, male, remain our priority."

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/i-didnt-walk-800m-to-prove-my-fitness.html

Re: I Didn’t Walk 800m To Prove My Fitness To Anybody, Says Buhari by TOSIN116: 11:52pm On Aug 24, 2018
By the way why did he want people to see him?
Re: I Didn’t Walk 800m To Prove My Fitness To Anybody, Says Buhari by yarimo(m): 12:41am On Aug 25, 2018
That is very commendable from president BUHARI man of the people. Carry on sir

BUHARI / OSIBANJO till 2023

APC till 9096
Re: I Didn’t Walk 800m To Prove My Fitness To Anybody, Says Buhari by Nobody: 12:49am On Aug 25, 2018
Terrorist
Re: I Didn’t Walk 800m To Prove My Fitness To Anybody, Says Buhari by Mynd44: 5:06am On Aug 25, 2018

(1)

I Didn't Mention Anybody's Name For The Records, Sen Makrfi / Fg’s School Feeding Programme Funds Diverted In Benue –uwais / Sowore Wasn't Part Of Pact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.