Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,212 members, 7,887,563 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:42 AM

Argentina Vs Mexico: [3 - 1] @ World Cup 2010 - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina Vs Mexico: [3 - 1] @ World Cup 2010 (5472 Views)

Poll: Who Proceeds to the QuaterFinals?

Argentina: 81% (9 votes)
Mexico: 18% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Fifa Women Under-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Mexico, FULLTIME (1:1) / Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 / Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argentina Vs Mexico: [3 - 1] @ World Cup 2010 by dayokanu(m): 10:46pm On Jun 27, 2010
Zidane belongs in the 2nd echelon of greats. His stars were well aligned for him to deliver at the big finals (1998 Wc and UCL 2002). That aside, he would not rank higher than Socrates who played the same way as him.

Lailai.

After Maradona comes Zidane, Cryuff, Ronaldo, Pele, Beckenbauer, Ronaldinho, Baggio and Muller.

Messi would always be judged by his success at the world cup,
Re: Argentina Vs Mexico: [3 - 1] @ World Cup 2010 by Sauron1: 10:48pm On Jun 27, 2010
dayokanu:

Why not Wesley Snipes and Bruce Lee?

20yr old Muller has 3 goals and 3 assists, Tell me other players records

They have been lucky playing teams who major sport is either cricket(Australia), Shoemaker(Ghana) or Ludo(England)

3 goals n 3 assists after his 4th appearance.
Sneijder is yet to play his 4th game. . . .so are Ronaldo n Villa.

Don't get disappointed when FIFA ignore the Nazis and give the award to a player whose team wins the big prize.
If Maradona eliminates you in the next round, start praying - history will not remember Muller.

dayokanu:

Lailai.
After Maradona comes Zidane, Cryuff, Ronaldo, Pele, Beckenbauer, Ronaldinho, Baggio and Muller.
Messi would always be judged by his success at the world cup,

After Maradona comes Garrincha then Pele and Luiz Ronaldo before Zidane.
Re: Argentina Vs Mexico: [3 - 1] @ World Cup 2010 by damilola15: 10:57pm On Jun 27, 2010
Goals certainly hate Messi is this event.
Re: Argentina Vs Mexico: [3 - 1] @ World Cup 2010 by dayokanu(m): 11:04pm On Jun 27, 2010
You're from Houston? Man, the Latino areas are nothing to laugh at. I try and avoid Long Point like the plague; don't get me started on Bellaire and Beltway 8. I made the mistake of making eye contact at a red light once and had a swarm of them trying to get in my car.

Travelista,

Double homicide in Dallas already when 2 Hispanic men were shot after an argument ensued after a soccer game
Re: Argentina Vs Mexico: [3 - 1] @ World Cup 2010 by Travelista(f): 11:10pm On Jun 27, 2010
dayokanu:

Travelista,

Double homicide in Dallas already when 2 Hispanic men were shot after an argument ensued after a soccer game

Shameful but not shocking, sadly. sad
Re: Argentina Vs Mexico: [3 - 1] @ World Cup 2010 by kobikwelu(m): 11:12pm On Jun 27, 2010
the excuse fifA IS giving about not employing technology is 2 fold,

1, if technology is to be employed, it should be at all levels, not ONLY  at the top level, i.e it should be employed at the worldcup,UCL ,cup competitions, Asia, africa ,local leagues and all football events, and they say its not possible!!!!!!!!!

2, they do not want to take away the human element of the game, fifa feels human errors are what kips the game fun, years form now we would be discussing this issue in pubs , churches,
Re: Argentina Vs Mexico: [3 - 1] @ World Cup 2010 by jalether(m): 11:23pm On Jun 27, 2010
I predicted one of Higuain,messi or villa to emerge as highest goal scorer before the torny. so far so good. messi has to step it up big time
Re: Argentina Vs Mexico: [3 - 1] @ World Cup 2010 by Sauron1: 11:50pm On Jun 27, 2010
jalether:

I predicted one of Higuain,messi or villa to emerge as highest goal scorer before the torny. so far so good. messi has to step it up big time

Asamoah Gyan will win it.
Re: Argentina Vs Mexico: [3 - 1] @ World Cup 2010 by kaypumpin2(m): 11:58pm On Jun 27, 2010
~Sauron~:

Asamoah Gyan will win it.
Hehehehehehehehe,how many goals has he scored from open play now?

My money is on Higuain,Villa or Muller.The only thing that will count against Muller is the fact the Nazis WILL head home in the next match. tongue
Sue me Dayo grin
Re: Argentina Vs Mexico: [3 - 1] @ World Cup 2010 by Sauron1: 12:01am On Jun 28, 2010
kay_pumpin:

Hehehehehehehehe,how many goals has he scored from open play now?

So goals from set pieces don't count?
Watch as Gyan would get a brace against Uruguay.
Ghana's path looks a bit easy.

My money is on Higuain,Villa or Muller.The only thing that will count against Muller is the fact the Nazis WILL head home in the next match. tongue
Sue me Dayo grin

Luis Suarez nko?
Re: Argentina Vs Mexico: [3 - 1] @ World Cup 2010 by kaypumpin2(m): 12:12am On Jun 28, 2010
~Sauron~:

So goals from set pieces don't count?
Watch as Gyan would get a brace against Uruguay.
Ghana's path looks a bit easy.
I hope the "African curse" will not affect them i.e freeze when it matters most and make costly mistakes.I would really love to see them in the semi.
And as per Gyan,I am not convinced yet he is the real deal but somehow he keeps nicking it,something our own over-aged players can't do.

Ghana has to be the smartest country in Africa,they quickly discover theri so-called under-20 are actually at their prime and "fast-track" their promotion.They didn't wait till they "really come off-age". grin Smart decision that one.

Luis Suarez nko?
Nah. . he scored his last goal yesterday."Anti-Suarez" Kingston is the panacea. grin
Re: Argentina Vs Mexico: [3 - 1] @ World Cup 2010 by dayokanu(m): 12:13am On Jun 28, 2010
My money is on Higuain,Villa or Muller.The only thing that will count against Muller is the fact the Nazis WILL head home in the next match.
Sue me Dayo

I am not counting on Muller for that.

Muller would win young player of the tournament and I told everyone that 2 weeks ago

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-14662.2592.html#msg6225053
Re: Argentina Vs Mexico: [3 - 1] @ World Cup 2010 by Sauron1: 12:18am On Jun 28, 2010
kay_pumpin:

I hope the "African curse" will not affect them i.e freeze when it matters most and make costly mistakes.I would really love to see them in the semi.
And as per Gyan,I am not convinced yet he is the real deal but somehow he keeps nicking it,something our own over-aged players can't do.

Ghana has to be the smartest country in Africa,they quickly discover theri so-called under-20 are actually at their prime and "fast-track" their promotion.They didn't wait till they "really come off-age". grin Smart decision that one.

They won't have that problem until they encounter a big team like Brazil or Spain.

Nah. . he scored his last goal yesterday."Anti-Suarez" Kingston  is the panacea. grin

The fear of Suarez is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: Argentina Vs Mexico: [3 - 1] @ World Cup 2010 by 4ward(m): 1:41am On Jun 28, 2010
Argentina go reach final

What a Goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll Tevez
Re: Argentina Vs Mexico: [3 - 1] @ World Cup 2010 by creative10: 4:52am On Jun 28, 2010
My 2 cents. Argentina may be a better team but the referee's decision regarding the first goal hurt Mexico in that it left them disoriented. Although Mexico did try to fight back it was a bit too late. Poor officiating has made this world cup the worst; check out the link.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/37960187/ns/sports-world_cup/displaymode/1247/?beginSlide=1
Re: Argentina Vs Mexico: [3 - 1] @ World Cup 2010 by philip0906(m): 7:12am On Jun 28, 2010
to be very frank,argentina's game is still not convincing undecided .They don't seem 2 have a good game plan,rather bank on individual players.I think the germans would handle them wella.
Re: Argentina Vs Mexico: [3 - 1] @ World Cup 2010 by sley4life(m): 11:49am On Jun 28, 2010
Arg are doin fine. I wish we can enta South America& naturalize some of their citizens 2 9ja
Re: Argentina Vs Mexico: [3 - 1] @ World Cup 2010 by enomakos(m): 12:41pm On Jun 28, 2010
sley4life:

Arg are doin fine. I wish we can enta South America& naturalize some of their citizens 2 9ja

i agree with u, we need to import striker and defender for argentine and brazil
Re: Argentina Vs Mexico: [3 - 1] @ World Cup 2010 by oisehumen(m): 1:09pm On Jun 28, 2010
I was thinking the winner between Argentina and Germany would win the trophy but am having a rethink.
The Germans had put up a similar good performance against Australia but went berserk in the second game. Struggled against Ghana.
I can't put my money on them.

Argentina has the best stars in this tournament but they lack a good tactician. Imagine Maradona removing Tevez (68 mins) and bringing Veron, a midfielder.
He again removed that flop called Angel Di Maria and brought in Jonas, a defender while Aguero rusts on beanch. Those changes he made yesterday only confirmed my suspicion that he is not a good coach.

If the young Germans raise their game, they will surely eliminate the Argentines.
Again, too close to call.

In short, i predict Ghana to win the cup grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Argentina Vs Mexico: [3 - 1] @ World Cup 2010 by enomakos(m): 1:36pm On Jun 28, 2010
oisehumen:

I was thinking the winner between Argentina and Germany would win the trophy but am having a rethink.
The Germans had put up a similar good performance against Australia but went berserk in the second game. Struggled against Ghana.
I can't put my money on them.

Argentina has the best stars in this tournament but they lack a good tactician. Imagine Maradona removing Tevez (68 mins) and bringing Veron, a midfielder.
He again removed that flop called Angel Di Maria and brought in Jonas, a defender while Aguero rusts on beanch. Those changes he made yesterday only confirmed my suspicion that he is not a good coach.

If the young Germans raise their game, they will surely eliminate the Argentines.
Again, too close to call.

i want the ghanaian to win the cup

In short, i predict Ghana to win the cup grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Argentina Vs Mexico: [3 - 1] @ World Cup 2010 by ogazi007(m): 3:29pm On Jun 28, 2010
People should take it easy on messi.he is the heart beat of the agentine side.
you will alway have 2 or more defenders on him and he has been able to carry the team on his shoulder.
im not dispointed in him cos i know what he can do, he can score 4 goals in a match.that is messi for u.
Re: Argentina Vs Mexico: [3 - 1] @ World Cup 2010 by Emmacarnegie(m): 4:52pm On Jun 28, 2010
Congrats to the argentines only Ghana can stop them
Re: Argentina Vs Mexico: [3 - 1] @ World Cup 2010 by mikeoscar: 7:28pm On Jun 28, 2010
The few in my hood in Houston, Tx. still have some respect for Naija folks. Our boys sabi do them strong thing once in a while

Na Houston you dey? WHich Side? Na Southwest I dey.

Mexicans are not strong until they gang up and then they are deadly, You know most dont have any public record, so nothing to fear.

They can hit and run next day to Mehico

@Dayo/Travelista,
Mine is about West Houston Medical centre across from the Golf course training ground. I do have a few experiences with those Amegos/Ameros myself. My wife and I Chased one tiny latino girl driving a huge Armada she looked like stego in the truck. Beat the light and in her hurry ran into me at Westhiemer then made a quick exit back to down town. I didn't know two "witnesses" saw what happened and took her number. We chased down town until we got to their real hood. She abandoned the car at the kerb. meanwhile my wife had also called the cops and my car was in pretty bad shape. Suddenly see latinos from every where all yelling some obscenities in spanish, I purned my car around with my wife praying in tongues, grin grin grin
Long and short we involved a lawyer but the chick had crossed over to mexico same week according to her paperless boy friend. I ended up using my insurance to fix my car because their car had a long story to it. We still laugh at our re-action when those hudlooms started coming at us down town.
Re: Argentina Vs Mexico: [3 - 1] @ World Cup 2010 by dayokanu(m): 7:58pm On Jun 28, 2010
LOL.

I told you when they are in their community they are very dangerous probably more than Akatas sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

African Women Cup Of Nations (AWCON) Nigeria Vs South Africa On Nov 18. / Bendel Insurance Through To Fa Cup Semi Final / Who Are The Best 11 Current Soccer Players In The Game Right Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.