Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,121 members, 7,900,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 01:46 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (463314 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Miee: 8:37pm On Jan 24, 2021
Considering the current situation of our roads, would it be ideal to buy the Toyota Hilux?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riKKYJQy_SU
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by naijadrivablog: 9:11pm On Jan 24, 2021
Pls, is 2004 Toyota Camry (South Africa spec) a good buy?

cc; Tpound, nurey, king reign, gazzuzz
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by TPound(m): 9:20pm On Jan 24, 2021
naijadrivablog:
Pls, is 2004 Toyota Camry (South Africa) a good buy?

cc; Tpound, nurey, king reign, gazzuzz

South African Toyota Camry??

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by naijadrivablog: 9:28pm On Jan 24, 2021
TPound:

South African Toyota Camry??

South African spec abi na Asian sef, I mean.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by TPound(m): 9:41pm On Jan 24, 2021
naijadrivablog:

South African spec abi na Asian sef, I mean.

Korean spec...
Buy it
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by loveson(m): 7:01am On Jan 25, 2021
Thank you

Philadelphia:

Performance = great for a mid-size crossover suv. I heard it handles well also.

Reliability/ Maintenance = Both goes in hand and I’d say the CX-9 and CX-7 do not have it when it comes to practical reliability.

Fun to drive = Sure it is! I guess you’d enjoy it more on premium petrol. That way, you’d get maximum torque and overall performance.

Overall, it’s a pretty decent car and it’s affordable but resale value is a setback. However, I don’t buy a car for the sake of reselling.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by loveson(m): 7:02am On Jan 25, 2021
Thank you

kingreign:

Mazda CX9 is a Ford edge in another badge.
Similar challenges Ford Edge faced exists in the year of CX9 you're considering.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 25, 2021
@kingreign,
@Heavenlybang

And others... oya help oo

latestmodel:
Kingreign...

If you are to Advise between the following:

Honda Accord 2016 EX-L (4 plugs)
Honda Accord 2016 Sports (6 plugs)
Honda Accord 2016 V6 Touring.

Which would you refer someone for and reasons.

Thank you.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by UncutSk(m): 3:12pm On Jan 25, 2021
hello there readers I need answers 2003 Rx 300 or 05 honda pilot pros and cons thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Olalekan76(m): 10:19pm On Jan 25, 2021
Gurus in the house, pls what advice can you give on Honda ridgeline 2010 to 2013 model. Is it a good and reliable truck. Are parts readily available and not too expensive.

cc:
HeavenlyBang
nurey
ksmart027
radautoworks
Philadelphia
dicksonadams.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 11:02pm On Jan 25, 2021
Olalekan76:
Gurus in the house, pls what advice can you give on Honda ridgeline 2010 to 2013 model. Is it a good and reliable truck. Are parts readily available and not too expensive.

cc:
HeavenlyBang
nurey
ksmart027
radautoworks
Philadelphia
dicksonadams.

I am an Honda guy, but when it comes to truck for reliability, I will suggest Toyota equivalent trucks

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 12:34am On Jan 26, 2021
Olalekan76:

cc:
HeavenlyBang
nurey
ksmart027
radautoworks
Philadelphia
dicksonadams.

That’s a Honda Pilot with lesser inner cargo space and roof. If you are single and want to tag along as a truck owner, then get the Ridgeline.
Otherwise, the Pilot would do in my opinion.

Reliability and parts affordability: It’s a fair game.

Overall, it’s a regular truck and nothing really “special” about it.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lmpulse(m): 5:42pm On Jan 26, 2021
To the experts in the house, I would appreciate a comparison between a 2007 Ford Edge and a 2001-2003 BMW x5
I need your expert advice in terms of:
1. Maintenance
2. Fuel Economy
3. Availability of Parts
4. Durability/Reliability/Ruggedness
5. Challenges
Alternatively, I heard the Nissan Xterra and Honda Pilot are really good too, so you can include them in the comparison, or make other suggestions based on your experience.

PS: This is majorly a research-based equity, so, if it's not too much to stress, I would appreciate a detailed analysis/comparison like nurey and the other experts used to give at the beginning of this thread.

Thanks..
cc
nurey
HeavenlyBang
ksmart027
radautoworks
Philadelphia
kingreign
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:36pm On Jan 26, 2021
lmpulse:
To the experts in the house, I would appreciate a comparison between a 2007 Ford Edge and a 2001-2003 BMW x5
1. Maintenance
2. Fuel Economy
3. Availability of Parts
5. Challenges
Alternatively, I heard the Nissan Xterra and Honda Pilot are really good too, so you can include them in the comparison, or make other suggestions based on your experience.

PS: This is majorly a research-based equity, so, if it's not too much to stress, I would appreciate a detailed analysis/comparison like nurey and the other experts used to give at the beginning of this thread.

The BMW X5 is a full size SUV with a 3.0L V6 and a 4.4L V8

The Edge is a CUV with a 2.0L i4 turbo engine and a 3.5L V6

Maintenance I did give it to the ford for it is more popular than BMW but the parts of the X5 would probably be cheaper. Ford parts are a bit on the high side.

Fuel economy the ford wins here even the 3.5L V6 is more efficient than the 3.0L V6

Rugged both are okay sha the thing is that BMW is seen as a premium brand for wealthy people because of the believe that parts are expensive and it breaks down easily.

For the ford be weary of the 2.0L turbo engine, those engine don't like bad oil you have to use the right one.

The X5 3.0L V6 seems a bit underpowered for the vehicle people using the V8 have praised the vehicle.

For the year 03 X5 vs 07 Edge I believe I will pick a more recent model year which is quite popular on road than the X5
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lmpulse(m): 7:11pm On Jan 26, 2021
nurey:

The BMW X5 is a full size SUV with a 3.0L V6 and a 4.4L V8

The Edge is a CUV with a 2.0L i4 turbo engine and a 3.5L V6

For the year 03 X5 vs 07 Edge I believe I will pick a more recent model year which is quite popular on road than the X5

Thanks a bunch
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:27pm On Jan 26, 2021
lmpulse:

Thanks a bunch

As far as I know, parts for those older X5s are quite cheap. Pretty reliable cars from what I've heard.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 9:17pm On Jan 26, 2021
lmpulse:
1. Maintenance
2. Fuel Economy
3. Availability of Parts
5. Challenges

Thanks..
cc
nurey
HeavenlyBang
ksmart027
radautoworks
Philadelphia
kingreign

I’d pick the X5. Although, I learnt that the X5 for that year had engine over heating issues, stuck windows and failed fuel pumps.
I’d pick the recent model or for the sake of beauty, I’d take the X3.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lmpulse(m): 10:33pm On Jan 26, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

As far as I know, parts for those older X5s are quite cheap. Pretty reliable cars from what I've heard.

Thanks for the input
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lmpulse(m): 10:37pm On Jan 26, 2021
Philadelphia:

I’d pick the X5. Although, I learnt that the X5 for that year had engine over heating issues, stuck windows and failed fuel pumps.
I’d pick the recent model or for the sake of beauty, I’d take the X3.

Thank you boss... From what year would you recommend (without the engine overheating issues)?
And if I may also trouble you further, is there any major difference between the x3 and the x5, in terms of the components - engine, transmission, mpg, etc?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 2:01pm On Jan 27, 2021
lmpulse:

Thank you boss... From what year would you recommend (without the engine overheating issues)?
And if I may also trouble you further, is there any major difference between the x3 and the x5, in terms of the components - engine, transmission, mpg, etc?

2011/ 2012 is okay but this will be pricey.

I think the major difference lies in the space.
X3 is a compact SUV while the X5 (I think) is mid-size or large SUV.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lmpulse(m): 2:25pm On Jan 27, 2021
Philadelphia:

Alright... Thanks a lot.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by TheVictim01(m): 8:01pm On Jan 27, 2021
X5 is a midsized SAV (in bmw terms) while the X7 being full sized SUV.
Philadelphia:

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Debosneh31(m): 7:35am On Jan 30, 2021
Please what are the pros and cons of Camry 09 i4
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by TheStranger: 9:33am On Jan 30, 2021
Please guys I will like to get the pros and cons between '07 and '09 Elantra
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by oscillation55(m): 10:04pm On Jan 30, 2021
Biko what are the Pros & cons of ford edge 012 to 014 on reliability, durability, maintenance (i.e parts availability & skilled auto technician), efficiency & performance as an SUV for family use
Am thinking of considering something not the familiar Toyota & Honda that plies our road(s) daily.

CC
Nurey
Kingreign
Heavenly bang
Radautoworks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 10:14pm On Jan 30, 2021
oscillation55:
Biko what are the Pros & cons of ford edge 012 to 014 on reliability, durability, maintenance (i.e parts availability & skilled auto technician), efficiency & performance as an SUV for family use
Am thinking of considering something not the familiar Toyota & Honda that plies our road(s) daily.

CC
Nurey
Kingreign
Heavenly bang
Radautoworks

Its driver seat is designed to make the driver sit tall and have a good view,
It's got a clean design
It's comfy,
It's powerful and fast and stable on straight-line speed,
Its spacious inside.

Headlights are poor;
Brakes when they work are excellent and but are prone to brake failures;
V6 water pump is buried in the heart of the engine and could go bad and damage the engine due to loss of coolant /pump efficiency;
PTO shaft is prone to leaks and damage;
Parts could be a challenge. Trust me.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Androidking: 11:08am On Jan 31, 2021
Pls how do one know the difference between toyota corolla Asia(China) vs American... Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:46pm On Jan 31, 2021
Androidking:
Pls how do one know the difference between toyota corolla Asia(China) vs American... Thanks

Front grill, china is a bit bigger than the American.

The china variant is Corolla Altis, which has some basic premium fitting like wood finish in the interior door upto the dash area, some with indash dvd.

The easiest way is through a VIN check of the unit you are inspecting
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:48pm On Jan 31, 2021
TheStranger:
Please guys I will like to get the pros and cons between '07 and '09 Elantra

Same vehicle no difference. You are better off with the 2.0L engine than the 1.6L because of the price for engine replacement.

Takecare of the body well it tends to disfigure and rust if badly used
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:50pm On Jan 31, 2021
Debosneh31:
Please what are the pros and cons of Camry 09 i4

The 2az engine is prone to oil burn aggravated more with use of 20w50.

The 13pin is expensive, change gear oil regularly depending on extent of use. A year or 2 years interval

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by TheStranger: 8:26pm On Jan 31, 2021
nurey:

Same vehicle no difference. You are better off with the 2.0L engine than the 1.6L because of the price for engine replacement.

Takecare of the body well it tends to disfigure and rust if badly used
Thanks. How do one differentiate between the 2.0L and 1.6L?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Branduche: 9:50pm On Jan 31, 2021
This mazda has timing problems. Fixing it requires a lot of time and work
Philadelphia:

Performance = great for a mid-size crossover suv. I heard it handles well also.

Reliability/ Maintenance = Both goes in hand and I’d say the CX-9 and CX-7 do not have it when it comes to practical reliability.

Fun to drive = Sure it is! I guess you’d enjoy it more on premium petrol. That way, you’d get maximum torque and overall performance.

Overall, it’s a pretty decent car and it’s affordable but resale value is a setback. However, I don’t buy a car for the sake of reselling.

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (260) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.