Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,266 members, 7,887,778 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:42 PM

Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years (54203 Views)

Lagos Indian School Where Nigerians Are Denied Admission / Meet Okorogheye Orisheneye David, 15-Year-Old Who Scored 9 A's In WAEC, 332 JAMB / Okorogheye Orisheneye David Gets 9 A1 In WAEC And Scores 332 In JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by bumait(f): 5:07pm On Aug 28, 2018
HigherEd:
This is wrong! I can only imagine the amount of undue pressure on these young boys to perform. This is also not good for the psychology and confidence of the "inferior" students. Whatever level of effort is being impacted should be done equally to all students. You are to help them all unlock their potentials and not create an unhealthy elite group in the class...

And i hope you people realise that when you put too much pressure on this "elite group" coupled with expectations from home and they eventually come short of your expectation you would have created emotionally dysfunctional children......
exactly my thought too.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by anjilgreat(f): 5:08pm On Aug 28, 2018
I'm just wondering if this rule would have been broken if he is a child of one of the elites in the society, let's say like a politician's son?

Though the boy may look too young in Nigeria, but we have heard of people completing their masters at the age 20 years in developed countries.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by sisisioge: 5:09pm On Aug 28, 2018
The law is the law...he will do it next year. Give him the option of deferment.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 5:11pm On Aug 28, 2018
In Nigeria we specialize in destroying dreams....
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by enemyofprogress: 5:13pm On Aug 28, 2018
The boy no even fine sef
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by engrsyer(m): 5:16pm On Aug 28, 2018
Na wa ooh! If you old dem go say u too old okay now u young dem say u too young.

Naija I hail o
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Divay22(f): 5:16pm On Aug 28, 2018
courna:
I know of a guy that's 14 in my 100level days
dude is so small and he wears big shoes ....
Lol
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Tejiriseth(m): 5:18pm On Aug 28, 2018
Jejely carry yourself to private school or AAu Ekpoma.. They wont notice
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Meritocracy: 5:21pm On Aug 28, 2018
There's no big deal and no need to override the law because of him, the way out is to accept admission and pay tuition fees then defer admission till next year on age barrier. We need to remove emotions on our basic rule.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by abimic(m): 5:22pm On Aug 28, 2018
To work with starfield, providence height and barachel, you must have done your preparation well, their entry level exams are theory waec questions of your respective subject to take, so you should not expect less of brilliance from their students in waec. We've once handled these students! They are Good.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Shaev7(m): 5:23pm On Aug 28, 2018
That little boys face am seeing may find it difficult at off campus. Hostel may in one way corrupt him. Well he must surely adapt. The truth be told Nigeria higher Institutions are not so friendly to such age.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Akin0: 5:29pm On Aug 28, 2018
Truly age is not on his side. But i think they have taken a wise decision for him to do A levels for 2 years. He will still meet up and get more mature. All the best.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by AndLeo(m): 5:29pm On Aug 28, 2018
The boy should forget medicine and do IT course. He should be properly guided and advised.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by CSTR1005: 5:34pm On Aug 28, 2018
Medicine is a waste of intelligence.

if you believe you are good, come over to engineering and ICT. That is where the best minds are.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by khalhokage(m): 5:35pm On Aug 28, 2018
[quote author=written007 post=70685214]. Moderator can you guys be as effectively functional unlike the so called school Senate and demonstrate to them how and when bar should be carried out. I present to you an over aged with evasive brain blindness in Nairaland institution. Over to you. Ps note. This set is hard to find...pls you are urged to do the needful.[/quote

He meant coding as in programming and I agree with him, too much focus on academics is not good.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by khalhokage(m): 5:36pm On Aug 28, 2018
written007:
. Moderator can you guys be as effectively functional unlike the so called school Senate and demonstrate to them how and when bar should be carried out. I present to you an over aged with evasive brain blindness in Nairaland institution. Over to you. Ps note. This set is hard to find...pls you are urged to do the needful.

He meant coding as in programming and I agree with him, too much focus on academics is not good.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by akaahs(m): 5:38pm On Aug 28, 2018
divinelove:
must he go to unilag

his guardian and advisers failed him

sometimes some of these exceptional student should go into programming and ICT. one good software from him is enough to settle him for life

must it always be over rated medicine. last last Na to come begin treat typhoid and malaria.
Or to dey go strike per second per second

1 Like

Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by thedondada(m): 5:49pm On Aug 28, 2018
HigherEd:
50% of admitted students in Babcock, Covenant, Abuad are 15. He should do a change of course and apply to ABUAD. Getting a scholarship shouldn't be too hard for him....

Public universities don't admit students less than 16 while the private universities usually don't admit students above the age of 21 e.g CU, ABUAD. However, any university senate can easily lift that age restriction for exceptional cases. I'm surprised it wasn't done for this particular boy...
Lalasticlala

Your last sentence is true. The school should grab him with both hands. How can you hold back genius level intellect due to age.. those people getting PhDs by the time they are 18 in developed nations are they better.

Our system sucks like mad. He's too young yet he defeated every body else in the country.

We are clowns.

He should be given a scholarship by the school.

1 Like

Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Fash20: 5:54pm On Aug 28, 2018
divinelove:
must he go to unilag

sometimes some of these exceptional student should go into programming and ICT. one good software from him is enough to settle him for life

must it always be over rated medicine. last last Na to come begin treat typhoid and malaria.
is that how easy it is to building a ground breaking software? i get your point though
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by faithfavour: 5:55pm On Aug 28, 2018
Too bad. Unilag can't do this injustice.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by loomer: 5:56pm On Aug 28, 2018
Una dey mad, so make him go sit for those useless exams again?
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by divinelove(m): 6:02pm On Aug 28, 2018
Fash20:

is that how easy it is to building a ground breaking software? i get your point though

with a superior n creative brain it's possible

1 Like

Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by written007: 6:05pm On Aug 28, 2018
Yeah I know what he meant. But really !! Is it part of school curriculum. You don't blame a parent in that. Coding , being his thing may not necessarily be the young boy tea cup. Assuming it was ,it would be an out of box thought of the mother to guide him in that direction in that coding is relatively a new niche that is low on awareness. You see that many academicians tutored the chap to achieve this feat. While am in full support of going for your interest✓passion along side studies, blaming his parent was just out of line for a 15yr old academic hunger.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Raskasal(m): 6:08pm On Aug 28, 2018
lol wizkid indeed..

sweetyme001:
Alright!!! This is the real wizkid not the other one increasing the population of Nigeria.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by CodeTemplar: 6:08pm On Aug 28, 2018
divinelove:
must he go to unilag

He would be answerable to one Aboki that is a product of quota system.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Raskasal(m): 6:08pm On Aug 28, 2018
what a pity. this brilliance must be rearded. MAy God see you through
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 28, 2018
HigherEd:
50% of admitted students in Babcock, Covenant, Abuad are 15. He should do a change of course and apply to ABUAD. Getting a scholarship shouldn't be too hard for him....

Public universities don't admit students less than 16 while the private universities usually don't admit students above the age of 21 e.g CU, ABUAD. However, any university senate can easily lift that age restriction for exceptional cases. I'm surprised it wasn't done for this particular boy...
Lalasticlala
Hmmmm
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by divinelove(m): 6:10pm On Aug 28, 2018
CodeTemplar:
He would be answerable to one Aboki that is a product of quota system.

so sad but he should have tried other options since he insists on medicine
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Passovile: 6:39pm On Aug 28, 2018
I dont understand these days, are exams now cheap or learning is now easy?
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Printerscanner: 6:40pm On Aug 28, 2018
Auladimeji:
Some parent are mad,a child is not up to the age of going to a university yet you allowed him to write the exam,why can't they let him channels that energy of studying for university to coding

How can I start learning Coding? You will be saving a soul.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Lamzee(m): 6:41pm On Aug 28, 2018
Let someone register him for SAT exam
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Nokio1: 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2018
Just imagine at 15 in Unilag Nans Come hold annual retreat the innocent boy hear GBosa GBOSA FOLLOWED by (gunshot) where una go caRY AM GO...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People / NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria / Cobra Caught In Hall 4 Hostel This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.