Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,851 members, 7,945,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 03:11 AM

'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment (34903 Views)

2023 Election: FG Summons Finnish Ambassador Over Simon Ekpa‘s Threats / Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari / Femi Gbajabiamila Meets Chinese Ambassador Over Treatment Of Nigerians In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by lirusehn(m): 1:16pm On Aug 28, 2018
SarkinYarki:

Do you have proof that Trump said it?

Or do we need Trump to tell us Buhari is lifeless before we know he is?

Why then have you been celebrating the report?
Donald Trump is obviously your saviour and you barely could think straight since his name got attached to the report be it fake or nah.

Get a life little Miss and never you disturb my mentions again.

1 Like

Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by Ferdinandu(m): 1:18pm On Aug 28, 2018
Mere formality. Can you threaten someone who is obviously more of a benefactor to you than an equal?. Truth is bitter. Deal with that my dear ailing President. Trump is always blunt

1 Like

Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by lirusehn(m): 1:19pm On Aug 28, 2018
bankylan:

Another lifeless derelict on the prowl......You can sanction US now or sever relationship with the US. Bunch of almajiris!!!!!!

I wouldn't bother to call you names, your writings show your level of intelligence.
Good day to you young lady.

1 Like

Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by JacksonOyibo: 1:23pm On Aug 28, 2018
smiley
Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by smileyoo: 1:23pm On Aug 28, 2018
how i just love trump's blunt approach to world issues, without any form of stupid political niceties. funny enough, our lifeless citizens of nigeria, alias zombies 're still campaining for the lifeless bubu to continue in office. how i wish this lifeless bubu 'll be leading only those that voted for him, so that they can bore the pains of their stupid decission alone, but sadly we are in it together as a nation.

4 Likes

Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by Liamm(m): 1:27pm On Aug 28, 2018
sorry1:
So, if us president admits he actually called the dullard lifeless, what will happen? Will the zoo sanction US or what? undecided
lmao grin.

1 Like

Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by OBAGADAFFI: 1:27pm On Aug 28, 2018
lirusehn:
I'm a member of the PDP and Buhari still remains my president until election speaks other wise. It's an arrant nonsense plauding this international embarrassment on the president of the federal republic of Nigeria. We all should speak against this and call Trump to his senses rather than considering our political chasm.
It's not about being a wailer or a zombie, it's about being a Nigerian.

When the same PMB call Nigerians criminals and Lazy youth in the presence of the international community, we should expect less from Trump.

1 Like

Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by Mizwisdom(f): 1:28pm On Aug 28, 2018
Lol our President is not lifeless o

Need books, contact me via orderbooksng@gmail.com
Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by lirusehn(m): 1:29pm On Aug 28, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

When the same PMB call Nigerians criminals and Lazy youth in the presence of the international community, we should expect less from Trump.

We all definitely condemned the baloney he spewed out.
Not like any sane mind supported him just may be our low sensed youths from the North.
We should as well speak against this in like manner.

1 Like

Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 28, 2018
Sub-sahara africa is such a racist and derogatory term and I am highly dissapointed in vanguard for using such a stupid meaningless and utterly disgusting term in an article.

What is wrong with East, West, North or South African leader??! Why are European, Asian, American countries categorized this way but not Africa!!

This stupid term has to go away and it starts with our media!

Absolute shame on vanguardngr!
Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by windwayltd: 1:31pm On Aug 28, 2018
WHAT EVER YOU ALL DO

SAIBABA2019-2023
PROUDLYBUHARIST

1 Like

Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 28, 2018
Sai LIFELESSNESS
Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by Reeses: 1:33pm On Aug 28, 2018
Hahaha i thought lifeless was acting tough i knew that comment from Trump pained him very well jajajaja Lifeless president.
Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by Reeses: 1:38pm On Aug 28, 2018
You are summoning A country where just 1 state Carlifornia GDP is higher and way bigger than your lifeless country.Shameless lifeless presidentless jajaja
Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by Dollabiz: 1:39pm On Aug 28, 2018
Hmm
Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by Didcot: 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2018
Nothing will happen.
Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by RealityShot: 1:41pm On Aug 28, 2018
Ebullience:
…US Embassy, FG Keep Mum over Trump’s ‘Buhari Lifeless’ Report by Financial Times

BY: Victoria Ojeme

ABUJA – U.S. Ambassador to Nigeria, Stuart Symington, is expected to be summoned by the Federal Government over the comment allegedly made by President Donald Trump about President Muhammadu Buhari in April.

The United States Embassy in Abuja has refused to respond officially to a report in the Financial Times of London, where US President, Donald Trump was alleged to have described Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari as not only being ailing but also lifeless.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs as at the time of filing this report, kept mum over since the news broke.

The FT while reporting the planned meeting between Trump and his Kenya’s counterpart, Uhuru Kenyatta billed for last Monday, claimed that Trump after meeting with Buhari last April, the first with any African leader told his aides, “he never wanted to meet someone so lifeless again”.

The Monday meeting which according to the report is part of efforts by the Trump administration to foster stronger ties with Africa is hoped would end US neglect of the continent.

Already, the White House said Uhuru Kenyatta’s Kenya was one of closest US security and trade partners in Africa.

“Donald Trump will welcome Kenya’s Uhuru Kenyatta to the White House on Monday for what will be only the second one-on-one meeting the US president has held with a sub-Saharan African leader since he took office last year.

“The first meeting, with Nigeria’s ailing 75-year-old Muhammadu Buhari in April, ended with the US president telling aides he never wanted to meet someone so lifeless again, according to three people familiar with the matter”, part of the report claimed.

However, when contacted, officials of the embassy declined comments on the issue. Calls to the spokesperson at the embassy, Russell Brooks, were not answered and another staff at the embassy who pleaded anonymity refused to also say anything.

On the Kenya’s President visit, the report said advocates of closer US-Africa ties hope the encounter with the much younger Kenyatta, 56, “will breathe fresh life into a relationship with a region that Washington is seen to have neglected as other countries, notably China, develop ever-closer trade and investment ties with the continent”.

Adding that, “Africa has never been high on his radar but if the big guy likes you he’ll find a way to make things work.”

Trump is widely criticised for not having an Africa policy. So it’s in his interest to have something from [meeting Kenyatta] he can present as a win.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/fg-to-summon-u-s-ambassador-over-trumps-alleged-lifeless/

why bother?

Trump is the president of one country like that ;
Buhari is the president of another country.

No one pass the other...

It is not a wise man that insults people.

WE CAN DO WITHOUT USA & TRUMP, can they do without us?

Mobil, chevron, BP and all the others, we can send them all home and use indigenous companies to run their OMLS,

WE have SEPLAT Conoil etc and we have DANGOTE!

Mr President, just Jega...

#iStandWithBuhari #BuhariTill2023
Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by ahaika23: 1:44pm On Aug 28, 2018
While this is Nigeria's Ancestor sorry, ambassador to the US cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by earnvest: 1:47pm On Aug 28, 2018
Buhari should not start what he cannot finish o.
Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by itu404(m): 1:48pm On Aug 28, 2018
kutchs:
The invitation if true goes to show how stupid and myopic the FG is. The 'lifeless' comments is just a private discussion, which Trump can deny anyway there's nothing formal about it.
Even if Trump afiirms it, what can the FG do?
Ask Trump to apologize or what?
Send the US ambassador away from Nigeria?
Close the US embassy?
Impose sanctions on the US?
Impose higher tariffs on US goods coming into Nigeria?

What can Buhari do?
my brother, can not believe that FG is fallen for this cheap blackmail by the opposition!
Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by itu404(m): 1:50pm On Aug 28, 2018
BlacSmit:
You don't give prior notice before you summon an ambassador in your country. You summon them and they appear at once!

This is the first time I'm reading in the news that a country is making plans to summon an ambassador within its boarders.

#BuhariIsweak
grin grin grin grin grin NA FAKE NEWS NA!
Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by Burgerlomo: 1:56pm On Aug 28, 2018
E pain dem, abi how can sombori dey alive and dem come dey call the pesin lifeless cool

Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by micflo28(m): 1:57pm On Aug 28, 2018
Trump needs to realise his position as the leader of the worlds power and avoid a diplomatic row between US and Nigeria. They must stop trying to infuse war amongst Nigerians for some cheap economic dominance and gain. Mr. Buhari, inspite of how good or bad he is stands to us as a symbol for respect and trepidation for nigeria and africa. The Incursion must end from trumps end where it oroginally began. Shithole and now lifeless from an empty egoistic bully.
Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by gr8child(m): 1:58pm On Aug 28, 2018
The sooner everyone realizes that the FG has no power to “summon” a foreign envoy but may invite him for a chat, the sooner life will be easier for everyone. The National Assembly tried to Summon the US ambassador after some lawmakers were arrested for propositioning Hotel workers and he told them just that.
Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by jesmond3945: 2:00pm On Aug 28, 2018
If trump really insulted your president and you people are jumping and happy about it then y'all should be ashamed of yourselves. Trump has no moral right to insult the President of a big nation like nigeria and for my igbo people if you think by insulting buhari's person instead of criticizing his government you will make him go to daura then you people need your head examined.
Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by redsun(m): 2:03pm On Aug 28, 2018
Every time they talk about africa is all about destitution as if africans are actually subhumans.Why will africa need a kkk trump's approval to feel good about herself?

Obviously buhari is a dead man walking,no doubt about that and I bet his primary aim of contesting for the presidency was for him to use our resources to do all he can to prolong his own out of date life just like he is doing at the moment.Wasting our hard earned pounds that he never accounts for on british NHS with impunity. Monies that could have towards building numerous state of the act health facilities in the zoo.
Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by enemyofprogress: 2:03pm On Aug 28, 2018
mekaboy:
Lol. Lifeless president threatening his life support . Let them refuse him entry to UK for a minute and see what becomes of him.
omo na die be dat o and Aisha go become free agent
Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by Femijohn198: 2:09pm On Aug 28, 2018
lifeless president
Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by Johnbayo1717(m): 2:10pm On Aug 28, 2018
This news must have originated from some fake Nigerian media outlet.
Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by adonaimart(m): 2:13pm On Aug 28, 2018
All things Donald Trump de weak me......if Africans will hear....encourage ur people to become entrepreneurs and drive out poverty!
Check my signature.
Re: 'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment by adonaimart(m): 2:13pm On Aug 28, 2018
All things Donald Trump de weak me......if Africans will hear....encourage ur people to become entrepreneurs and drive out poverty!
Check my signature. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo And Akpabio Discussing At Timi Alaibe's Daughter's Wedding (Video) / Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Removal As Emir Won’t Cause Any Crisis In Kano / Buhari Attends Funeral Service In Cotonou (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.