Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,823 members, 7,872,760 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:17 PM

Serena Williams Won’t Celebrate Daughter’s First Birthday - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Serena Williams Won’t Celebrate Daughter’s First Birthday (379 Views)

Lebron James, Serena Williams, Tom Brady, Kim K. Attend Messi's Debut Match / I Won’t Celebrate If Man United Beat Chelsea, Says Mourinho / Serena Williams Weds Alexis Ohanian In An All-Star Guest List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Serena Williams Won’t Celebrate Daughter’s First Birthday by princeemmma(m): 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2018
She stated that this is due to their beliefs as Jehovah's Witness, a religious organisation that does not celebrate birthdays.

She revealed this at a press conference at the US Open Serena Williams' adorable daughter, Alexis Olympia turns a year old on September 1, 2018. Unfortunately for fans of the couple, there won't be any birthday celebration or adorable birthday photos for the 'gram, according to Serena's recent revelation. The tennis champion revealed that Olympian won't be celebrating her birthday as they belong to Jehovah's Witness church, a religious organisation that does not believe in birthday celebrations. She revealed this at a press conference at the US Open. Responding to a reporter who asked if there would be any birthday celebrations for her daughter, the 36-year-old had this to say: "Olympia doesn’t celebrate birthdays. We’re Jehovah’s Witnesses, so we don’t do that."

‘Speaking to Vogue last year, she had this to say: "Being a Jehovah’s Witness is important to me, but I’ve never really practiced it and have been wanting to get into it. ‘Alexis didn’t grow up going to any church, but he’s really receptive and even takes the lead. He puts my needs first."

https://www.naija.ng/1188880-serena-williams-wont-celebrate-daughters-birthday-due-jehovahs-witness-beliefs.html#1188880

(1) (Reply)

‘juventus May Likely Win Champions League Because Of Ronaldo’- Lionel Messi / Uefa Set To Introduce Third European Club Competition From 2021-22 / BREAKING!! Cristiano Ronaldo Leaves Pitch In Tears After Getting RED CARD In Cha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.