Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,218 members, 7,873,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 10:19 PM

Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night (38775 Views)

Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) / Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA / Blackout: OAU Students Reading Outside (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night by mechanics(m): 9:16am On Aug 29, 2018
Funny.
Re: Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 29, 2018
Re: Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night by Oluwaseun0704(m): 9:33am On Aug 29, 2018
That's WHITE HOUSE building.
I never had any course to go this extreme through out my 4 years in OAU. Of course, I used to buy lamp almost every semester back then. There is no way I can enjoy reading in such a situation like this.
Re: Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night by UncleJudax(m): 9:53am On Aug 29, 2018
4601CE:
How am I supposed to know.
I’m not even anywhere close to Ile Ife
You don't have to be in Ile Ife or even in Nigeria to know that if the library was working, the students wouldn't be studying at the ATM.
Re: Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night by EYITEELOG(m): 9:53am On Aug 29, 2018
After they will say "Nigerian youth are lazy" can any of their wards try this?
Re: Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night by BalogunIdowu(m): 10:00am On Aug 29, 2018
Great Ife...
What is happening to our educational system

1 Like

Re: Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 29, 2018
UncleJudax:

You don't have to be in Ile Ife or even in Nigeria to know that if the library was working, the students wouldn't be studying at the ATM.

oh , I didn’t know that’s what you talking about.
Oau Library is not open 24 hours .
I closes by 9pm .
I mean the Ezekiah Oluwasanmi library.
Re: Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night by Daminovic: 10:18am On Aug 29, 2018
Rilwayne001:
God bless University of Ilorin. You don't get to experience power outage for once in the school premises especially during exams. You get 24hrs power supply and 24hrs access to the library. No dulling moment.
Please come again. No power interruption like how don't lie again joor
Re: Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night by Adetee17(m): 10:21am On Aug 29, 2018
And the funny thing is that there is no power outage on campus, na oversabi wan kill these ones.. grin
Re: Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night by Timagex(m): 10:24am On Aug 29, 2018
Krak:

Thats White House Basement.
your head they there grin cheesy
Re: Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night by Wumi261(m): 10:38am On Aug 29, 2018
proffemi:

Agreed.
It wasn't my intention to muzzle you; just wanted to point out the small error in your premise.
In my experience, people who are are quick to say they know nothing usually possess the necessary introspection for self-improvement.
Cheers.

Thank you sir.
Re: Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night by Wumi261(m): 10:51am On Aug 29, 2018
yusman14:
wats dis..OAU generate her electricity by her sef...we av dam dat gves hydro electric power...sometin went wrong dat dat and in d next 30 min dey later bring d light...is it not ur UI dat av pole of wires...OAU av underground cables were wire ar passes through

lol... orisirisi,
what is my own with institutions, when it's not my father's property. I would have engage you further but nothing, i mean, absolutely nothing is worth arguing about in Nigeria.
Re: Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night by AgbajeRichyBaba(m): 11:11am On Aug 29, 2018
It's a beautiful night grin grin
Re: Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night by davillian(m): 11:35am On Aug 29, 2018
These ones are dumb to me.
There are better ways of providing light for reading when there is no power in the university.
Buy a Nokia phone original the one with torch and then face cap.
The phone can last 12hrs with the torch on.
Re: Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night by ufuosman(m): 12:50pm On Aug 29, 2018
Bad leaders
Re: Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night by Dbigname: 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2018
After all this eye service reading, suffering, at the end no job for them. Millions of them now, its hopeless.
Re: Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night by Crownwealthope(f): 5:13pm On Aug 29, 2018
You're not nice rara.......
grin
4601CE:
Their parents gave them money to buy lamp but dem don use am carry girl go indulge grin
Re: Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 29, 2018
Crownwealthope:
You're not nice rara.......
grin
grin grin
Crownwealthhope
Adeole Ireti grin
Re: Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night by Tunagee(m): 6:42pm On Aug 29, 2018
INTERMAN:
The ATM are used for withdrawing cash and for money transaction but in Great Ife, the ATM has other uses. Recall in my last post of an OAU student who ran mad while reading.Here is another photo of OAU Students seen reading with ATM during exam period. This mostly happen when there there is a power outage on campus. But luckily , the ATM stand does not depend on external source of power as it has its own inbuilt battery which emit light rays from the ATM machine. In which the students maximized.

Upon everything, to see job na man no man, or ready to put back for ground by the ladies! Nonsense!
Re: Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night by VivaDeAngelo(m): 7:07am On Sep 01, 2018
Adesolomon2014:

I hope data wont be a problem.
I will use primary data. Chi-Square or Descriptive Analysis.
Re: Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night by VivaDeAngelo(m): 7:12am On Sep 01, 2018
proffemi:

And yet, many people who later became professors studied using kerosene lanterns.
When you conduct your research, I hope you will factor in work ethic, creativity, and good ol' tenacity.

Of course, Error term will be introduced in the Model, the stochastic element will account for the qualities you listed. The question is whether it affects academic performance or not. And not whether it is a determining factor in academic performance.
Re: Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night by VivaDeAngelo(m): 7:18am On Sep 01, 2018
sammirano:

Effect of Power Supply/Electricity on Academic Excellence in Nigeria". - A Case study of OAU
I don give you approvable topic now. Run along.

Thumbs up bro, u arrange am well grin
Re: Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night by VivaDeAngelo(m): 7:19am On Sep 01, 2018
omooba969:

That one day is NOW coz if you tarry, it may never come.
My 2kobo. cool
For sure!
Re: Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night by proffemi: 10:03am On Sep 01, 2018
VivaDeAngelo:

Of course, Error term will be introduced in the Model, the stochastic element will account for the qualities you listed. The question is whether it affects academic performance or not. And not whether it is a determining factor in academic performance.

My point is, you do not need to conduct a scientific study to determine whether it affects academic performance. This is one case where common sense would seem to suffice. It does, as do all the qualities I listed above, among others.

As a teacher, I see far too many students trying to excuse away poor performance. Our infrastructural problems make the odds of success more daunting, but do not stop the determined student from excelling. I encourage students to focus on how to thrive in spite of (nay, because of!) the problems, rather than the usual defeatist attitude many people mask with blame games.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night by Adesolomon2014(m): 11:56am On Sep 01, 2018
VivaDeAngelo:

I will use primary data. Chi-Square or Descriptive Analysis.

Confirm researcher.
Case study - OAU indeed grin

1 Like

Re: Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night by VivaDeAngelo(m): 8:19am On Sep 02, 2018
Adesolomon2014:

Confirm researcher. Case study - OAU indeed grin

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night by VivaDeAngelo(m): 8:24am On Sep 02, 2018
proffemi:

My point is, you do not need to conduct a scientific study to determine whether it affects academic performance. This is one case where common sense would seem to suffice. It does, as do all the qualities I listed above, among others.

As a teacher, I see far too many students trying to excuse away poor performance. Our infrastructural problems make the odds of success more daunting, but do not stop the determined student from excelling. I encourage students to focus on how to thrive in spite of (nay, because of!) the problems, rather than the usual defeatist attitude many people mask with blame games.

You made a valid point sir, using electricity as a sufficient condition for failure is unacceptable!
Re: Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night by Ezechristian1(m): 2:19am On Jun 17, 2022
Unbeliveable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Monday Igbafen Caught In Sex For Marks Scandal, Suspended / FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook / Somadina Nwabuwa Gets Yam Tuber, Live Chicken As COOU Best Graduating Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.