Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,613 members, 7,885,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 11:21 AM

Do Nigerian Companies Pay Tax? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do Nigerian Companies Pay Tax? (313 Views)

World Bank Blacklists 58 Nigerian Companies, Individuals Over Corruption / Nigerian Companies Enter Q4 With Record N2.3 Trillion Cash Reserve / Why Do Nigerian Traders Frown When You Want To Buy Things On Credit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Nigerian Companies Pay Tax? by BoyCoyToy(m): 8:24am On Aug 29, 2018
Good morning people. Am writing a business plan for a publishing company and am wondering if I must pay Company Income Tax. I heard rumour that Dangote does not pay tax. Pls how true is that?
Re: Do Nigerian Companies Pay Tax? by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 29, 2018
If there is anything Nigerian government knows how to enforce ......it is tax collection....unless ur company is in one hidden remote place or online like we have these days.....with no proper registration with CAC and bank account.....

Dangote was given tax holiday...I have no idea how long the tax holiday was but it was one hell of a holliday....but it's completely legal...
Government can by discretion give tax holiday to companies to help them grow, encourage them or to strike a "scratch my back, scratch ur back " transaction

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Companies Pay Tax? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:42am On Aug 29, 2018
Dem dey pay well well.
Re: Do Nigerian Companies Pay Tax? by Rhozabeth(m): 8:43am On Aug 29, 2018
BoyCoyToy:
Good morning people. Am writing a business plan for a publishing company and am wondering if I must pay Company Income Tax. I heard rumour that Dangote does not pay tax. Pls how true is that?
Once you register the company, they will come for sooner or later!
Re: Do Nigerian Companies Pay Tax? by BoyCoyToy(m): 10:07am On Aug 29, 2018
Pls how do they pay? I mean the types and percentage.

Thanks!
Re: Do Nigerian Companies Pay Tax? by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 29, 2018
BoyCoyToy:
Pls how do they pay? I mean the types and percentage.

Thanks!

As a company u pay

1)company income tax based on profit u make ..that stands at 30% per annum...non negotiable

2) u need to also pay withholding tax: when u give out business or another company renders service to u company and u pay them...u pay 5% withholding on that amount...basically u charge it from ur client so indirectly it's ur client that's paying... It's a way government ensures they get all tax in....so technically u are helping them tax the people u give business or work to...
3) Education tax..this is just 2%....here government is forcing u as a comoany to support educational growth..all na scam...na their pocket last last

4)Capital Gains Tax (CGT): This one seff is one kind....na scam too...government is doing like omonile, like agbero, if u sell something like ur company land, car, or a part of ur business. anything belonging to that business that's not normally under the jurisdiction of ur normal business dealings, u pay tax on it ....In simple terms, CGT is a tax on profits obtained from a disposal or exchange of certain kinds of business assets.

Is not easy, don't be discouraged...there are legal ways to make it less....just pay ur tax...even though we know all they do is steal it...one day e go better

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Moreniche Affiliate Academy / Click Here Now For Your Graphic Designs... / For The Love Of Beards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.