Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,596 members, 7,911,556 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 12:20 PM

Who Is God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is God? (587 Views)

Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God / Is "God" Of The Old Testament Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is God? by groomlake: 3:24pm On Jun 28, 2010
[b]am begining to think that we have been tricked into worshiping false god of the isrealites.

here is my point: first in africa, i mean ancient africa there was worship of gods, images and so many forms of worship, there were sacrifices being offered to the gods to tell them thank you or to forgive them their sins, and these sacrifices were
1. animals
2 animal blood
3. alkohol etc

according to the bible ie. "it is written" that in the old testament animal blood, animals, drinks were being offered by the jews to God to forgive them of their sins

now is there any difference b/w what we the africans practised and what the jews prcaticed? so why did we abandon our tradition to follow the jews?
[/b]
Re: Who Is God? by wolem(m): 3:28pm On Jun 28, 2010
Thats why african problem begins till today, cos it the curse of the gods then, according to historical significances in the riparians,which is sudan,egypt,ethipia,uganda and kenya,
Re: Who Is God? by wolem(m): 3:32pm On Jun 28, 2010
I did have some ancient,sudan and egyptian books,that point to the fact of the significances of africa traditional believes of what u stated,blood of animal and alkohol, b4 BC and AD b4 egypt fall to the syrian and turks invaders,
Re: Who Is God? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:55pm On Jun 28, 2010
groomlake:

[b]am begining to think that we have been tricked into worshiping false god of the isrealites.

here is my point: first in africa, i mean ancient africa there was worship of gods, images and so many forms of worship, there were sacrifices being offered to the gods to tell them thank you or to forgive them their sins, and these sacrifices were
1. animals
2 animal blood
3. alkohol etc

according to the bible ie. "it is written" that in the old testament animal blood, animals, drinks were being offered by the jews to God to forgive them of their sins

now is there any difference b/w what we the africans practised and what the jews prcaticed? so why did we abandon our tradition to follow the jews?
[/b]
Bravo! You have finally woken up. Just make sure that you do not go back to sleep. smiley wink

(1) (Reply)

Bought With A High Price / Existence Is Not Predicated On Morality ! / Jungle Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.