Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,861 members, 7,872,858 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:36 AM

National Assembly Legislative Aides Meet Senate President And DSP Says This - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Legislative Aides Meet Senate President And DSP Says This (851 Views)

Judge Egwuatu Travels Abroad As Igboho’s Aides Meet All Bail Conditions / Legislative Aides Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears / Victor Mela Danzaria Appoints 36 Legislative Aides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Assembly Legislative Aides Meet Senate President And DSP Says This by rotexsky(m): 7:28pm On Aug 29, 2018
NASSLAF Protests Ikweremadu's Utterance Over Members' Plight 

BY BODE GBADEBO, Abuja

The National Assembly Legislative Aides Forum (NASSLAF) has protested against what it called "denigrating remarks" against its members by the Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu.

NASSLAF chairman, Comrade Sam Melaye, expressed the possitiom of the group in an interview with journalists, after leading the forum's leadership on a courtesy visit to the Senate President Bukola Saraki over the welfare of legislative aides in Abuja on Wednesday.

The forum leadership had met Saraki in his office in company of his deputy, Ekweremadu, who made remarks the group considered offensive to its members.

Melaye said while Saraki had pleaded with NASSLAF executive committee members on the welfare matter and made to understand the challenges and measures being taken, Ekweremadu told them their face to "be happy for having a job" instead of complaining.

The infuriated NASSLAF chairman pointed out that such statement by the Deputy Senate President was capable of dampening the morale of legislative aides and as well affect their efficiency in service delivery to their principals, of which Ekweremadu is one of them.

"The Senate President we had gone to meet spoke well and explained everything to us to our satisfaction until the Deputy Senate President, who was present at the meeting, intervened and said we should happy for having a job instead of complaining.

"This is unexpected  from the person and office of the Deputy Senate President because this is about our rights and making such statement in our presence is an attack on our collective sensibilities as workers and it is demoralising to our members," he said.

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Legislative Aides Meet Senate President And DSP Says This by rotexsky(m): 7:30pm On Aug 29, 2018
It will never be well with this Ekweremadu, EFCC now i think you guys are too lenient and slow for my liking.

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Legislative Aides Meet Senate President And DSP Says This by overall90: 8:43pm On Aug 29, 2018
rotexsky:
It will never be well with this Ekweremadu, EFCC now i think you guys are too lenient and slow for my liking.

it will be well with him because he spoke the truth.
they should be happy that they have a job because a lot of Nigerians have lost their jobs in the past three years courtesy of Buhari.
Re: National Assembly Legislative Aides Meet Senate President And DSP Says This by chigozie2018(m): 8:50pm On Aug 29, 2018
The DSP told dem the simple truth. If any senator ends there tenure all these Aides are been paid off. They are not owned.
Re: National Assembly Legislative Aides Meet Senate President And DSP Says This by id911(m): 9:04pm On Aug 29, 2018
rotexsky:

EFCC won't see Tinubu or Lootimi Amaechi and the rest executive looters because they are your own abi?
Re: National Assembly Legislative Aides Meet Senate President And DSP Says This by nairavsdollars(f): 9:14pm On Aug 29, 2018
Sam Melaye. Is that not the brother of the singing Senator?

(1) (Reply)

Zik Of Africa As A Teenager. Historyville / IPOB: FG Threatens Media Houses Against Reporting Succesful Sit-at-home. / Pregnant Women Will Leave Labour Room To Vote For Me – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.