Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,793 members, 7,875,966 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:49 AM

Negligence At Alimosho General Hospital Led To The Death Of My Mother (graphi) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Negligence At Alimosho General Hospital Led To The Death Of My Mother (graphi) (478 Views)

Female Unizik Student Baths Colleague With Hot Water Over Hostel Cleaning Graphi / Update On The Killing Of A Driver, Amobi Igwe By A Civil Defence Officer (Graphi / Kenyan Man Drives Nails Into Man's Head After Catching Him With His Wife (Graphi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Negligence At Alimosho General Hospital Led To The Death Of My Mother (graphi) by Minjim: 12:10am On Aug 30, 2018
HOW THE NEGLIGENCE OF STAFF OF ALIMOSHO GENERAL HOSPITAL IN LAGOS LED TO THE DEATH OF MY MOTHER.

(Graphic Images)

When we took my mother to the General Hospital at Alimosho on July 18, 2018, it was with the hope of her getting the proper medical attention she required and that she will return safely as it had been on other occasions. We never knew she would be subjected to the most unprofessional and undignifying form of negligence.
She had complained of lost of appetite and fatigue. Being someone that does not leave things to chances I had suggested we take her to a General Hospital, against my sisters' wish who had insisted on a private hospital. But my superior argument that : It will be cheaper and she will get better professional attention there made them give in.
On the 6th of July we took her Alimosho General Hospital which was the closest to my house. She was admitted that day. After series of laboratory tests she was diagnosed with Anemia,  a condition in which a person has a lower than the normal number of red blood cells or hemoglobin in their blood. 
She was placed on drip and blood transfusion was recommended. The next day she gained some strength and started eating. She even ate "amala. "
We also bought two pants of blood, as recommended, for the blood transfusion. By now we assumed the worst was over as she had regained her strength and started having hilarious conversations. This was about 7 days into her admission. The doctors were even verbally recommending her to be discharged after observing her reaction to the blood transfusion.
However, in the early hours of Tuesday 17th July, things took a dramatic turn when I got the rudest shock of my life. A call came from my younger sister that my mother is dead.

[b] Now, the twist to this whole tragedy was that when I got to the hospital I saw blood that had flowed so freely from her severed toes spattered on the bedsheets. When I approached the doctors for explanation, I was told some rodents ate some portion of her toes.
However, three days later, my niece that slept beside her that night said that before 3am that day, my mum started gasping for air and she quickly called the doctors. In the process of gaving her oxygen to aid her breathing was when she called their attention to her mangled toes. And that the staff on duty did absolutely nothing to treat the wound till she gave up some minutes later.
What this means was that my mother was alive when those rodents were chewing on her toes in a GENERAL HOSPITAL!
To make matters worst the hospital refused to treat the wound until she died, they refused to document the incident in her file and no form of official apology was tendered to us. They just wrote that "she died of anemia." [/b]
After creating much scene, due to pressures from some of my family members, we decided to carry our dead for the time being. But not before I wrote these exact words on her medical file in the hospital:
"I acknowledged taking the remains of my mother who died under questionable circumstance. "
My mother had since been buried and revelation of how she died was made known to me by my niece that witness the whole incidence three days after her death. What I saw is nothing but negligence and flippant disregard for human lives on the part of the staff of Alimosho General Hospital.
I have decided to seek legal redress to correct these abnormalities and I need some legal advice. My mother means a lot to me and I can not allow her die just like that. If the hospital is rat infested and no corrective action was taken, what stops this from happening again?
I can't free myself from the guilt of taking her to that hospital. I pray whatever the outcome of this , I will be able to get justice and hopefully - some closure.
Pictures of her bitten toes which I secretly took while in the hospital are attached below .

cc: Lalasticlala dominique MissyB3

Re: Negligence At Alimosho General Hospital Led To The Death Of My Mother (graphi) by Minjim: 12:49am On Aug 30, 2018
I'm still trying to upload the pictures, but my Glo network won't.

When I sub. etisalat tomorrow I'll do it
Re: Negligence At Alimosho General Hospital Led To The Death Of My Mother (graphi) by muhammed50(m): 5:04am On Aug 30, 2018
Ok...
Do it fast
Re: Negligence At Alimosho General Hospital Led To The Death Of My Mother (graphi) by delzbaba(m): 7:10am On Aug 30, 2018
Hope you win the case, it will be a first in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

25-year-old Lady Stabbed To Death In Ekiti; Three Suspects Arrested / Ghanaian Police Arrest 41 Nigerian Prostitutes / Boko Haram Hideout Raided By Troops In Borno, 21 Civilians Rescued(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.