Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,020 members, 7,946,427 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 05:53 PM

US Government Finally Speaks On Presidency Calling Buhari A "Lifeless" President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Government Finally Speaks On Presidency Calling Buhari A "Lifeless" President (916 Views)

Fresh Pressure On Presidency To Bring Daura Back / Oyo State Government Finally Reconstructing Yinka Ayefele’s Music House / US Government Speaks On Calling Buhari “Lifeless” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

US Government Finally Speaks On Presidency Calling Buhari A "Lifeless" President by 13Ebiscoo: 4:19am On Aug 30, 2018
The United States Government has refused to comment or deny a statement credited to President Donald Trump, that Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari was “lifeless”, following a visit to the White House earlier this year.

Aruba Amirthanayagam, who is Counselor for Public Affairs, US Embassy, while speaking in Minna, Niger State on Tuesday during his visit to Zubair Idris, the Executive Director of Prestige FM Radio, said: “We have no specific comment on that, a newspaper published it, the paper should comment on it".

Amirthanayagam also said that it will not take side in the Nigeria’s 2019 general election, saying it wants the winner to be elected in a free and fair contest.

“And we will do all we can to assist Nigeria’s government.

“The United States expects that the 2019 general elections will be free and transparent.

“I think we should repeat the success we had in the last election because we have had elections in some parts of Africa that have not gone well. What we got in 2015 was great for Nigeria and for the rest of Africa and other developing countries,” he said.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/us-government-finally-speaks-on.html

Re: US Government Finally Speaks On Presidency Calling Buhari A "Lifeless" President by emmie14: 5:26am On Aug 30, 2018
Aruba Amirthanayagam practically said nothing.this statement is what I call noise making. No point scored.
Re: US Government Finally Speaks On Presidency Calling Buhari A "Lifeless" President by Lawalatm: 6:02am On Aug 30, 2018
Buy is he lifeless? I thought we always encourage people to be honest and speak their mind..... I think that's what Trump did wink wink wink wink
Re: US Government Finally Speaks On Presidency Calling Buhari A "Lifeless" President by Amberon: 6:11am On Aug 30, 2018
Trump may not have meant it literally. Lifeless doesn't necessarily mean dead, it could mean that the person isn't full of life and is too dull and we all know that is the case with Buhari.

Even Mugabe that is over 90 seems to be more active, smart and articulate than Buhari. My little cousin told me last night that Buhari's mother probably placed a curse on him before her demise.

2 Likes

Re: US Government Finally Speaks On Presidency Calling Buhari A "Lifeless" President by ODUBEZE: 6:12am On Aug 30, 2018
Buhari is lifeless! Case closed!!
Re: US Government Finally Speaks On Presidency Calling Buhari A "Lifeless" President by trinity227(m): 6:16am On Aug 30, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: US Government Finally Speaks On Presidency Calling Buhari A "Lifeless" President by Mynd44: 6:43am On Aug 30, 2018

(1)

Meet The Youngest Nigerian To Ever Contest For Federal House Of Reps / Pdp Party Agent And Members Was Driven Away By The APC Thugs In Olode / Let Us Try Atiku If He Doesn’t Perform, We Will Send Him Out Too - Reformed APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.