Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,714 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:32 PM

Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana (10844 Views)

Is It Right For Pastors To Still Be Preaching Prosperity At This Time? / Benny Hinn:Am Guilty Of preaching Prosperity Outside what the Bible teaches / Churches And Mosques To Pay Tax In Lagos; Land Use Charge To Be Reviewed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by omoelerin1: 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2018
RedeemNigeria:

It is laughable my brother.

It is ignorance to think that taxing Churches will bring the Church of God in Nigeria down.

As a matter of fact, it will boost the income of churches more.

How? The rule of double taxation will make Offerings and tithes of members to become allowable deductions for Christians who provide evidence of payment to tax authorities.

The most to be pitied are the Christians and Churches who out of hatred for Pentecostal Churches are pushing for taxation of Churches thinking it will not also be applicable to them.

The Churches ignorantly supporting this will suffer it most because, even now that they are not being taxed, they can hardly meet up with their financial obligations. How much more when tax sets in.
Trash

4 Likes

Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by barikay: 12:10pm On Aug 30, 2018
Churches should now be poor or Preach poverty? Lol

1 Like

Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by bankylan: 12:50pm On Aug 30, 2018
NextGovernor:
I wonder why Dangote who pays thousands of enployees through his sweat will pay billions of tax and a man of God who own thousands of churches, schools and other business built with populace money with few staff will not pay tax but rake in billions monthly.
]]

Don't make false allegations. Which church make billions of naira monthly? Who told you that tithes and offering are spent by Pastors?.......Do a diligent background check , and you will discover the bitter truth about church finance. How many churches have one thousand branches in Nigeria? Maybe one church out of tens of thousands. Assumption is never a mark of intelligence. Church isn't a business center...It is where people give voluntarily for the work of God.......The folks in church are not fools and most of the critics of the church folks are not in any way better or fulfilled in life than those who give in church..........We have less than 20 churches in Nigeria that are financially buoyant.......The few ones that appear ok are doing even more than some state governments who rake in billions monthly apart from allocations.........Enough of all these allegations against church especially when you have no fact to back it up.

1 Like

Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by omoowhe: 12:54pm On Aug 30, 2018
HigherEd:
It is a senseless move and it would not work out. This is a malicious policy been introduced because one president thinks some churches aren't aligning to his own definition of what churches should be. Members are already taxed of thrir earnings hence should not be subject to double taxation whether prosperity preaching or not.

The USA has prosperity preaching ministeries and does not subject them to taxation. But it's African nations who can't account for what they have that want to demand accountability from the church. How laughable...

In preparation for this all pentecostal churches should open off shore account in Cayman Island, USA and Switzerland and encourage their members to route payments directly there.
see zombie

1 Like

Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by jaytee01(m): 1:00pm On Aug 30, 2018
HigherEd:

That is tax avoidance not tax evasion. Tax avoidance is not a crime!
Go and explain that to Messi, Ronaldo and the rest feeling the heat from the tax authorities in many countries because of this kind of suggestion.

1 Like

Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by jaytee01(m): 1:03pm On Aug 30, 2018
bankylan:
]]

Don't make false allegations. Which church make billions of naira monthly? Who told you that tithes and offering are spent by Pastors?.......Do a diligent background check , and you will discover the bitter truth about church finance. How many churches have one thousand branches in Nigeria? Maybe one church out of tens of thousands. Assumption is never a mark of intelligence. Church isn't a business center...It is where people give voluntarily for the work of God.......The folks in church are not fools and most of the critics of the church folks are not in any way better or fulfilled in life than those who give in church..........We have less than 20 churches in Nigeria that are financially buoyant.......The few ones that appear ok are doing even more than some state governments who rake in billions monthly apart from allocations.........Enough of all these allegations against church especially when you have no fact to back it up.
Do you have proof that many of these "churches " are not business centers?

2 Likes

Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by famosh: 1:41pm On Aug 30, 2018
BUHARILONGNECK:
That is good development. We need it here in Nigeria. Tax all those mafia Adeboye, Oyedepo,Oyakhilome and the rest.
So that you will say Buhari is against Christianity & wants to islamize Nigeria, ba?
Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by Sleekfingers: 1:57pm On Aug 30, 2018
dangoteinlaw:
lmao I laff u, u know u are a real tool now. Worse of all ur user is unknown yet, even the so called daddyfreeze is also one.

For d record I don't attend any church infact my last seen in a church was 2009 but I'm wise enough to spot the handiwork of these terrorists and goat fuckers called Muslims

For your information. I am not a bloody Muslim. I want the government to tax both Churches and mosques. Those fools are making so much money. And contributing nothing to the economy. But churches are the worst. Yahoo pastors everywhere.

And for your information again. Lagos governments are working on it. Because they are all constituting public nuisance. So be on the lookout..

1 Like

Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by LastDays777: 2:00pm On Aug 30, 2018
Lilimax:
If it is, pray to remain poor and impoverish nah embarassed
No be curse o!

Let me make you understand

To become rich in life is not what the body of Christ should be preaching. Jesus Christ didn't die on the cross so that you can be a billionaire.

When you seek God, he will bless you with the desires of your heart (including the money you are looking for). You cant bribe him with some money to make you rich.

Your main goal is to seek the kingdom of God and not money.

Matthew 6:33 - But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

2 Likes

Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by Lilimax(f): 2:11pm On Aug 30, 2018
LastDays777:

Let me make you understand

To become rich in life is not what the body of Christ should be preaching. Jesus Christ didn't die on the cross so that you can be a billionaire.

When you seek God, he will bless you with the desires of your heart (including the money you are looking for). You cant bribe him with some money to make you rich.

Your main goal is to seek the kingdom of God and not money.

Matthew 6:33 - But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
Bros read your Bible well okay.
2 Corinthians 8:9 (KJV): For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor,
that ye through his poverty might be rich

It is folks like you that make most Pastors preach prosperity massage so as to know you're already rich in Christ Jesus cheesy
Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by ACE1010: 2:21pm On Aug 30, 2018
jnrbayano:
Very nice

Freeze will enjoy this news

I swear..... The man go throw party for his online members grin grin grin
Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by okonyia(m): 2:35pm On Aug 30, 2018
Nana Mr President. Go and ask question about those that turn there back from God,when they think they have arrived. You should have use this massage during your campaign and see if you had win election. My advice to you is to face your job as a president, rather than looking for church to task. Is those paying and giving offering in Churches, not paying task. Or you want to task Churches to stop they teaching people there is a way of prosperity through the doing of the word of God. Mr president, churches are not industry, and do not try to frustrate church or God will frustrate you. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by LastDays777: 3:24pm On Aug 30, 2018
Lilimax:

Bros read your Bible well okay.

2 Corinthians 8:9 (KJV): For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor,
that ye through his poverty might be rich

It is folks like you that make most Pastors preach prosperity massage so as to know you're already rich in Christ Jesus cheesy

No sister, you are getting it wrong again. Let's look at that verse again. Look at bolded.

"Though he was rich". Was our lord Jesus Christ rich when he was on earth? No. But he is rich in his kingdom and a king.

It's referring to heavenly riches. Remember that story in the bible where Jesus told a very rich man to give everything you have to the poor and follow him. Why will Jesus ask him to do that. He knows that when you give to the poor, you are also accumulating a lot of wealth in the heavenly realm.

Jesus Christ main goal is NOT to make us rich here on earth. And that's the simple truth. Everything here on earth is temporary and will pass away.

Fight to be rich in his kingdom. This is not his kingdom.

1 Like

Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by Obakuso: 3:29pm On Aug 30, 2018
LastDays777:

No sister, you are getting it wrong again. Let's look at that verse again. Look at bolded.

"Though he was rich". Was our lord Jesus Christ rich when he was on earth? No. But he is rich in his kingdom and a king.

It's referring to heavenly riches. Remember that story in the bible where Jesus told a very rich man to give everything you have to the poor and follow him. Why will Jesus ask him to do that. He knows that when you give to the poor, you are also accumulating a lot of wealth in the heavenly realm.

Jesus Christ main goal is NOT to make us rich here on earth. And that's the simple truth. Everything here on earth is temporary and will pass away.

Dump people are supporting Anti-Christ pastors and they the ones who will make God bring wrath upon us all. God destroys whole cities when the people are no longer on His side and instead side with the wicked.
Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by Lilimax(f): 3:36pm On Aug 30, 2018
LastDays777:

Bros, if I may ask what do you understand by prosperity?
Seems you're missing something...
Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by Obakuso: 3:41pm On Aug 30, 2018
Lilimax:
Bros, if I may ask what do you understand by prosperity?
Seems you're missing something...

Oh What happened to Christ die a poor man for everybody's sins? grin

That story keep changing. grin
Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by slimik: 3:59pm On Aug 30, 2018
bankylan:
]]

We are busy in nigeria building churches and brainwashing the masses while in other foreign countries they busy making research to make life a better place for the future

1 Like

Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by ademuda: 5:16pm On Aug 30, 2018
No problem, as long as imams are also taxed. Make them tax everyone make we see who go tire.
Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by Otunba2004(m): 5:44pm On Aug 30, 2018
HigherEd:
It is a senseless move and it would not work out. This is a malicious policy been introduced because one president thinks some churches aren't aligning to his own definition of what churches should be. Members are already taxed of thrir earnings hence should not be subject to double taxation whether prosperity preaching or not.

The USA has prosperity preaching ministeries and does not subject them to taxation. But it's African nations who can't account for what they have that want to demand accountability from the church. How laughable...

In preparation for this all pentecostal churches should open off shore account in Cayman Island, USA and Switzerland and encourage their members to route payments directly there.
see mumu, churches in USA, Canada that you were mentioned pay tax but not as much like entrepreneurs, infact government monitor their finances incase of fraud, zombie pls do your findings very well before comment those countries are not religion bigot like your shithole country meanwhile any churches causes noise pollution will be shutdown totally, you don't know anything, ERU PASTOR, PASTOR SLAVE ����
Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by unipol(m): 6:02pm On Aug 30, 2018
HigherEd:

U are either the brainwashed or the brainwasher.
Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by walebs147: 6:26pm On Aug 30, 2018
The reason why it can't happen in Nigeria is that Nigeria is a plural nation. When a government constrains churches to pay tax, it would extend to mosques because Christians would want religious equity. If the same is done to mosques, Muslims would also want religious equity. If allowed, it might lead to violence. So to maintain peace, let taxation on churches and/or mosques be left aside.
Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by LastDays777: 6:38pm On Aug 30, 2018
Obakuso:

Dump people are supporting Anti-Christ pastors and they the ones who will make God bring wrath upon us all. God destroys whole cities when the people are no longer on His side and instead side with the wicked.

Well, I pray many people will wake up and stop worshipping their pastors as God. And worship God himself. Judgment will definitely begin from the church

2 Likes

Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by Obakuso: 7:11pm On Aug 30, 2018
LastDays777:

Well, I pray many people will wake up and stop worshipping their pastors as God. And worship God himself. Judgment will definitely begin from the church

You know my mother was a Christian she grew up in a small town in Arkansas, USA. I was born in this small town yet my mother raised us up in the city. I never went to Church growing up and I was always into trouble. grin Anyway I asked my mother why our family didn't attend church like the others and her reply was that she didn't know these people. It was years later, once I became a Muslim, I was aware of all the wickedness that goes on in these churches. I mean I know the pastors were pimps, I knew the women in churches were loose, and I knew most of the men were sodomites. Yet I didn't know most of these pastors were Freemasons and Freemasonry is the Illuminati. The Illuminati is running most of the churches everywhere. Most of the politicians are Illuminati Freemasons. So it doesn't really matter who gets the money the Church or the Tax man because it will end up in the hands of the Illuminati. This is world is long beyond gone to hell. There are people born with no souls and they are running everything! I pray for the End of World.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Catholic Church Blasts Lagos Lawmakers Over Cremation Bill / Ifa Divination ~ How To Consult Ifa / How To Cast Powerful Love Spell For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.