Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,357 members, 7,888,137 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:15 PM

2019: Saraki Declares To Run For Presidency [full Speech] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Saraki Declares To Run For Presidency [full Speech] (261 Views)

Saraki Declares Intention To Run For President In 2023 (Photos) / 2023: Saraki Declares Intention To Run For President / Saraki Declares Intention To Run For Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2019: Saraki Declares To Run For Presidency [full Speech] by rmo19: 6:06pm On Aug 30, 2018
SPEECH BY HIS EXCELLENCY (DR.) ABUBAKAR BUKOLA SARAKI, CON, PRESIDENT OF THE SENATE OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA, AT A DIALOGUE WITH YOUTH AND YOUNG ASPIRANTS HELD AT SHERATON HOTEL, ABUJA, ON THURSDAY, AUGUST 30, 2018.

PROTOCOL.

1. Let me say, once again, how wonderful it is to see so many talented and purposeful young people at this first edition of the Public Dialogue Series with Political Parties on Youth Candidacy and Party Primaries. Looking at you, I see future leaders who present themselves as capable and worthy to take on the mantle of leadership in this country, and this gladdens my heart.

2. From my interactions with many of you, and with your contemporaries across the country, I can see that we are blessed with a determined generation that stands ready to join with us to power a Nigerian renaissance. The quality of people I see here today affirms my belief that, indeed, you are Not Too Young To Run.

3. I deeply appreciate this opportunity to share some of my ideas about where we are as a nation, as well as the challenges before us as we approach the great decider that is the 2019 General Elections.

4. It is widely acknowledged that ours is a relatively ‘young’ country bursting with tremendous energy, ability and potential. More than 70 per cent of our population is under the age of 40. You are indeed the future of this country. Ordinarily, such a young population would be the envy of many Western countries that are faced with ageing populations, but the dire state of our affairs tarnishes the youthful advantage that we have.

5. Up and down our country today, Nigerians are crying out for succour. Many of our children are hungry. Many people are dying of avoidable or otherwise treatable diseases. Many have fallen below basic living standards, and are now among the 87 million that sealed Nigeria’s position as the country with the highest number of people in extreme poverty. Our young people lack opportunities. The necessary education facilities and system to equip them for the future simply do not exist. We are not creating the jobs needed to usefully engage them in order to grow our economy. And too often, the youth feel shut out, prevented from having any say in the direction of this nation.

6. The harsh conditions of extreme poverty faced by the people, fuels the state of insecurity all over the country. Hunger, lack of education and lack of opportunities push many Nigerians into criminal activities including terrorism. Many of our communities are paralysed with fear – due to incessant communal crises, kidnappings and other social ills, as well as the threat of terrorism. We are failing abysmally to tackle the problems of today and to prepare for the future...

More:http://ybtcnews.com/2018/08/30/2019-saraki-declares-to-run-for-presidency-full-speech/
Re: 2019: Saraki Declares To Run For Presidency [full Speech] by Shugavee(f): 6:12pm On Aug 30, 2018
Sakari is a good candidate ,, the PDP primary election will be tougher than the presidential election itself!! But I know if sakari pulls through,,, sakari will hv a higher chance of winning than Atiku,,, but I love Atiku cause he is a business minded man, all these greedy politicians r all the same

(1) (Reply)

Voters Registration: 50% Of Nigerians Will Be Disenfranchised / Okowa Urges PDP Presidential Aspirants To Dialogue / VP Osinbajo: A Sound“omoluabi” Indeed By, Ayo Lolade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.