Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,541 members, 7,951,268 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 01:29 PM

Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round (6656 Views)

Poll: Who Proceeds to the QuaterFinals?

Spain: 68% (11 votes)
Portugal: 31% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Spain Vs Italy - Confederations Cup (7 - 6) On Pens On 27th June 2013 / Spain Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (10 - 0) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Portugal - U20 World Cup (2 - 3) On 21st June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by dayokanu(m): 11:14pm On Jun 29, 2010
FYI

Crynaldo and Portugal scored in one game out of 4.
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by mamagee3(f): 11:30pm On Jun 29, 2010
^^And how many goals has the "magical" messi scored?
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by kobikwelu(m): 11:33pm On Jun 29, 2010
^^Stop being a preposterous hater!

He shot because it was in the 88th minute and it was due to frustration. . .

Did you call him a baby?. . .he's not a self-indulgent baby as you call it, he just tried his best but his teammates wouldn't give him the ball.

^^^^^^ shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

FOR CRISSAKES!!! HE HAD THREE STRIKERS IN THE 18 YRD BOX!!!!!! LOBB THE BALL IN THERE AND TROUBLE CASSILLAS AND GIVE YOUR TEAM /COUNTRY A FIGHTING CHANCE!!!!

instead in typical selfish fashion, he took a shot 60 yrds out JUST FOR glory!!!!
and you are calling it fustration!!!i call it shelfish

thats why messi would have more followership than him!!!

lemme refresh your memory!!!!

mex vs arg

tevez 1st goal

messi had the opportunity to  score at point blank range, instead he chose to lobb the ball to tevez

what is that called??(hint: team play)

something that ronaldo WOULD NEVER EVER COMPREHEND IN HIS WHOLE LIFE angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by kobikwelu(m): 11:48pm On Jun 29, 2010
^^And how many goals has the "magical" messi scored?

ahhh commonnn,

he singlehandedly opens games up,

talk of how many assist,
talk of how many of his team mates has scored off his rebounds,

and while you are at it,

give me 1 (not 2, or 3) example of how ronaldo has improved the lot of his team
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by bawomolo(m): 12:48am On Jun 30, 2010
ronaldo is too individualistic. messi can improvise and involve others when it isn't his day. ronaldo is clueless when he is off
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by mamagee3(f): 12:49am On Jun 30, 2010
bawomolo:

ronaldo is too individualistic.  messi can improvise and involve others when it isn't his day. ronaldo is clueless when he is off
Let's move on!

You all bashing ronaldo now would praise him when he retires someday.

Remember just like David Beckham, people used to hate that guy with passion during his prime but now everyone seems to like him.
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by bawomolo(m): 1:00am On Jun 30, 2010
mama-gee:

Let's move on!

You all bashing ronaldo now would praise him when he retires someday.

Remember just like David Beckham, people used to hate that guy with passion during his prime but now everyone seems to like him.

people hated beckham with a passion? someone who had a movie made after him?

ronaldo comes off as cocky, he needs to back up the talk during big games and not games against north korea.
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by mamagee3(f): 1:06am On Jun 30, 2010
^^Yes people hated Beckham during his prime, he regained his love for fans because of his endorsement deals and his charity work of teaching kids football.

I remember those days when people usually named him as a showman and a useless player especially after England's defeat in the 2006 world cup.

Ronaldo would suffer the same thing but would be ranked high when he retires someday.
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by DrKitaun(m): 1:29am On Jun 30, 2010
Dayokanu

abi ori e o pe ni ? Messi na defender ? What do u mean by he had some awesome contributions ?

WPOTY 0 goals in 4 games and u are talking as if na contribution we go chop ? Rubbish !

Schweini, Ozil, Muller, Villa, Higuain, Robinho, Kaka, Fabiano, Gyan, Eduardo, Enyeama, Dos Santos, Hernandez, Klose, HAVE ALL OUTSHONE MESSI !
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by kobikwelu(m): 1:30am On Jun 30, 2010
^Yes people hated Beckham during his prime, he regained his love for fans because of his endorsement deals and his charity work of teaching kids football.

I remember those days when people usually named him as a showman and a useless player especially after England's defeat in the 2006 world cup.

Ronaldo would suffer the same thing but would be ranked high when he retires someday.

beckham was called a show-man, but he was NEVER  SELFISH
ON THE FIELD OF PLAY HE INVOLVED HIS TEAM MATES,

beckham was no where close to winning footballer of the the year
but ronaldo has won it,

everybody beef with ronaldo is that he undermines the work of his team mates
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by mamagee3(f): 1:31am On Jun 30, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Dayokanu

abi ori e o pe ni ? Messi na defender ? What do u mean by he had some awesome contributions ?

WPOTY 0 goals in 4 games and u are talking as if na contribution we go chop ? Rubbish !

Schweini, Ozil, Muller, Villa, Higuain, Robinho, Kaka, Fabiano, Gyan, Eduardo, Enyeama, Dos Santos, Hernandez, Klose, HAVE ALL OUTSHONE MESSI !
You just can't believe how they make him look like a flying fox on the pitch.

I think messi is way overrated and it won't be long before they turn against him like they did to Cristiano Ronaldo, believe me.

Can't wait until he turns 25 and see the haters. grin grin
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by kobikwelu(m): 1:32am On Jun 30, 2010
Dayokanu

yeah rite

and  he is still triple-marked anytime he holds the ball
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by mamagee3(f): 1:34am On Jun 30, 2010
^^No big deal!

The same way ronaldo, Lampard, Kaka and robinho are triple marked whenever they have the ball.
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by kobikwelu(m): 1:41am On Jun 30, 2010
^^^^^
who dash them triple marking??

na so e easy
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by DrKitaun(m): 2:17am On Jun 30, 2010
As funny as this might sound its the absolute truth, only foools as much as double mark another player no mata aw skillful . . .we saw how Cambiasso took him out in d UCL . . .even at that Messi has never been a big game player and might never be . . .

have we forgotten how Adeleye made him look ordinary in Beijing ?

Kaka is a better all-round player than Messi, and he would be around for more time than Messi would regardless of the age diff . . .

what do u guys think of WPOTY exiting on saturday without a WC goal ? Splendid ?
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by jalether(m): 3:15am On Jun 30, 2010
Kaka better than messi? very laughable.

since number of goals scored is the only parameter people are using to judge messi, how many goals has kaka scored in this tourney.
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by DrKitaun(m): 3:35am On Jun 30, 2010
Personal opinion. Kaka is still Kaka . . .he outlived Dinho, he looks 2 me like a Zidane kind of player that would rule again in a couple of yrs then have a zenith swansong around 2016 . . .my bet !

I LOVE JESUS !
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by soarrogant(m): 3:36am On Jun 30, 2010
All you Ronaldo apologists quit playing games here, the guy is a no-show,with or without ball supplies a great player would never put on such dismal show! Maradona,Paolo Rossi,Pele,Ronaldo (the real one from Brazil), never had a star studded team to shine! they carried their teams to the highest levels almost single handedly especially maradona 1990 & 1994. this Ronaldo is like the England players, he plays in the newspaper![color=#000099][/color]
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by jalether(m): 4:13am On Jun 30, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Personal opinion. Kaka is still Kaka . . .he outlived Dinho, he looks 2 me like a Zidane kind of player that would rule again in a couple of yrs then have a zenith swansong around 2016 . . .my bet !

I LOVE JESUS !

What has kaka inspired his club to win in the last 3 seasons?.

apart from the confed cup, what else has he won for brazil as a key player. key not fringe. I struggle to see how kaka is a better player than messi

based on personal and team achivement over the last 2/3 seasons. even if we throw statistics out of the window, millions of fans who believe that messi

is the best player in the world are certainly not all blind. the difference is so clear that it's scary.
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by davidif: 5:27am On Jun 30, 2010
[size=18pt]THIS MATCH IS PERFECT PROOF THAT BARCA DON'T NEED FABREGAS.[/size]
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by philip0906(m): 6:45am On Jun 30, 2010
i nearly "released" in my boxer shorts cheesy grin grin.d spaniads football was just 2 sexy 2 watch grin grin
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by ogayabis(m): 7:30am On Jun 30, 2010
It was a tactical football war yesterday. Spain came out victorious grin
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by AjanleKoko: 9:24am On Jun 30, 2010
jalether:

What has kaka inspired his club to win in the last 3 seasons?.

apart from the confed cup, what else has he won for brazil as a key player. key not fringe. I struggle to see how kaka is a better player than messi

based on personal and team achivement over the last 2/3 seasons. even if we throw statistics out of the window, millions of fans who believe that messi

is the best player in the world are certainly not all blind. the difference is so clear that it's scary.

I'd agree with this.
Kaka is good, and may even revive his career, though I fail to see how he will do that at a Mourinho-coached Real Madrid. But he is not as good as Messi.
Messi is only 22, and I think is handling the pressure well. He has just started the process of leading the team in Argentina, and will grow into the role with time. People forget that Maradona at 22 was sent off in the quarter-final of the WC.

At club level, he has more than proven himself. His goals single-handedly won Barca the league, and carried them into the UCL Semis.

Lots of us even wrote off the Argentine team due to their performance at the qualifiers. But I think their passion and concentration may well take them into the semis ahead of the Germans.
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by otokx(m): 9:32am On Jun 30, 2010
XAVI is simply world class, how the ball magnets his leg is a wonder to me?
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by ddippset(m): 10:52am On Jun 30, 2010
common yall. i think messi has been the second best player in this world cup, after david villa. messi plays behind 2 world class strikers, tevez and higuain. and u haters still diss him 4 not scoring? he was directly involved in 6 of argentina's 10 goals. he takes free kicks, corner kicks and is supposed to score? honestly if u do not give messi his props in this world cup u must be an slowpoke. prior 2 this world cup it was messi vs ronaldo vs rooney. funny how the rooney and ronaldo apostles have quickly wiped off their lip gloss. i dont care if u bring up d names of ozil, fabiano, villa. but messi has proven 2 be better than rooney and ronaldo at international levels. PS- pleeeaaassseeee dont 4get his olympic gold and his U20 gold 2. iam out.
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by ddippset(m): 10:58am On Jun 30, 2010
common yall. i think messi has been the second best player in this world cup, after david villa. messi plays behind 2 world class strikers, tevez and higuain. and u haters still diss him 4 not scoring? he was directly involved in 6 of argentina's 10 goals. he takes free kicks, corner kicks and is supposed to score? honestly if u do not give messi his props in this world cup u must be an slowpoke. prior 2 this world cup it was messi vs ronaldo vs rooney. funny how the rooney and ronaldo apostles have quickly wiped off their lip gloss. i dont care if u bring up d names of ozil, fabiano, villa. but messi has proven 2 be bettaer than rooney and ronaldo at international levels. PS- pleeeaaassseeee dont 4get his olympic gold and his U20 gold 2. iam out.d
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by ddippset(m): 10:59am On Jun 30, 2010
common yall. i think messi has been the second best player in this world cup, after david villa. messi plays behind 2 world class strikers, tevez and higuain. and u haters still diss him 4 not scoring? he was directly involved in 6 of argentina's 10 goals. he takes free kicks, corner kicks and is supposed to score? honestly if u do not give messi his props in this world cup u must be imbecilic. prior 2 this world cup it was messi vs ronaldo vs rooney. funny how the rooney and ronaldo apostles have quickly wiped off their lip gloss. i dont care if u bring up d names of ozil, fabiano, villa. but messi has proven 2 be bettaer than rooney and ronaldo at international levels. PS- pleeeaaassseeee dont 4get his olympic gold and his U20 gold 2. iam out.d
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by ddippset(m): 11:01am On Jun 30, 2010
common yall. i think messi has been the second best player in this world cup, after david villa. messi plays behind 2 world class strikers, tevez and higuain. and u haters still diss him 4 not scoring? he was directly involved in 6 of argentina's 10 goals. he takes free kicks, corner kicks and is supposed to score? honestly if u do not give messi his props in this world cup u must be imbecilic. prior 2 this world cup it was messi vs ronaldo vs rooney. funny how the rooney and ronaldo apostles have quickly wiped off their lip gloss. i dont care if u bring up d names of ozil, fabiano, villa. but messi has proven 2 be bettaer than rooney and ronaldo at international levels. PS- pleeeaaassseeee dont 4get his olympic gold and his U20 gold 2. iam out.d
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by Olaolufred(m): 11:04am On Jun 30, 2010
@ Otokx'

XAVI is simply world class, how the ball magnets his leg is a wonder to me?

In Law of Magnetism, unlike charges attract.

XAVI's leg is called "Ball". It amazes me that Ball attracts Ball, thereby making law of magnetism null and void.

The art of Soccer is epitomized by Spain.

Think Brazil can't give better than this.

Spain, continue to roaaaaaaaaaaaaar.
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by obinna5000(m): 11:08am On Jun 30, 2010
C. Ronaldo was under a lot of pressure to perform. The Portugese team relied so much on him.

Spain can progress to the Semi-Finals but I don't see them winning the tournament.
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by Olaolufred(m): 11:18am On Jun 30, 2010
The Aim of the round leather game is GOAL.

Brazil had mastered this through years.

Spain is bringing in the art of Soccer in a grandstype like Micheal jackson ushered in Pop Music.

The goal and the art belonged to Brazil some years back.

Of Recent, The Art only answers to Spain.

In some years to come, the Goals may be taken away from their strong room.

I had never enjoyed any game like this.

Spain is a class in this art.
Re: Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round by KIDIKENYI: 11:30am On Jun 30, 2010
Torres has not been in good form since the beginning of this world cup and yet being fielded in by the coach, can you see the immediate positive change after he (Torres) was substituted? It's time for the coach to try other new breeds of players and allow this man to rest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ghananian Footballer Asamoah Gyan Is Dead? / Female doctor massaging a player dick(photo) / 10 Types Of People You Will Meet At Every Football Bet Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.