Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,745 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:35 AM

Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War (33878 Views)

Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) / Yakubu Gowon And Wife, Victoria Celebrate 50th Wedding Anniversary / Musa Gowon And Vivienne Agbonkhese Traditional Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by kotv: 12:40pm On Aug 31, 2018
gidgiddy:

You are saying Ojukwu led his people to senseless killings? Ojukwu led his people to fight for their freedom. If a man cannot fight for his freedom, what can he fight for?

I was talking about gowon
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by cyrus1992(m): 1:05pm On Aug 31, 2018
Sirjamo:
Ojukwu led his people to war because he was eyeing the Niger Delta oil like a bat.

What is this one saying??
Oga if you dont know history, then keep mute.
Ojukwu led the ibos to war, after they pleaded with him to react equally after the unneccessary killings and lynching of ibos in the north and west.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by MENELIK11: 1:40pm On Aug 31, 2018
Juliusmalema:
Can an afonja fight... hell no

You are right. Afonjas cannot fight but the Yorubas have been warriors all their lives, in pre colonial Nigeria, they developed to an empire by subduing so many other tribes, post colonial Nigeria An Osu coward surrendered to a Yoruba man and the bulk of human right activists who fought the military in their own capacity are from the Yoruba tribe. I challenge the Osu I'm quoting to give a resemblance of what I painted here about the Osu tribe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by adekunle6224(m): 1:51pm On Aug 31, 2018
ojukwu has no regret, because he did what was best for his people and Nigeria at large, Awo was wrong about Biafra war even though he also meant well for his people and for Nigeria, if only he were to b alive today he wud b in deep regret. Ojukwu initially insisted on restructuring @ aburi, which today most Nigerians are now agitating 4. only ojukwu saw the future of the country Nigeria. if only Gowon new Nigeria will become what it is today; he wud Ave stand solely on aburi. i am sure Gowon wud b in deep regret inside of him today.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 31, 2018
MENELIK11:

You are right. Afonjas cannot fight but the Yorubas have been warriors all their lives, in pre colonial Nigeria, they developed to an empire by subduing so many other tribes, post colonial Nigeria An Osu coward surrendered to a Yoruba man and the bulk of human right activists who fought the military in their own capacity are from the Yoruba tribe. I challenge the Osu I'm quoting to give a resemblance of what I painted here about the Osu tribe

Lolzzzz

According to IBB when I hear a yoruba man says he wants to fight....i will just go back to my sleep.. grin grin grin

Attack Babaginda not me ooo....no be me talk am...
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by Shikena(m): 2:23pm On Aug 31, 2018
Juliusmalema:
Lolzzzz

According to IBB when I hear a yoruba man says he wants to fight....i will just go back to my sleep.. grin grin grin

Attack Babaginda not me ooo....no be me talk am...
You got dribbled by the great Maradona grin

When Benjamin Adekunle decided to fight, we all know what happened.... cheesy
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by Shikena(m): 2:29pm On Aug 31, 2018
adekunle6224:
ojukwu has no regret, because he did what was best for his people and Nigeria at large, Awo was wrong about Biafra war even though he also meant well for his people and for Nigeria, if only he were to b alive today he wud b in deep regret. Ojukwu initially insisted on restructuring @ aburi, which today most Nigerians are now agitating 4. only ojukwu saw the future of the country Nigeria. if only Gowon new Nigeria will become what it is today; he wud Ave stand solely on aburi. i am sure Gowon wud b in deep regret inside of him today.
Some developments led to Aburi, then Ojukwu got played and that's why he and his people stood on it alone. Awolowo saw the future before independence but Ojukwu's people led by Zik aligned with the North then his people later tried to play the North with myopic smartness during the first coup, they messed with the wrong people and they are still reaping the fruits till this day.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by solufemiwa(m): 2:37pm On Aug 31, 2018
Juliusmalema:
Can an afonja fight... hell no

When you see indomie generation comment grin

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 31, 2018
solufemiwa:

When you see indomie generation comment grin

Tell that to IBB
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by myself13: 2:57pm On Aug 31, 2018
KIDfurniture:
My igbo people tot ojukwu was really fighting for them . Little did they know he was actually trying to secure the properties of his late father in western region then. He's father was the first millionaire in Africa. I will never believe any Nigerian in my life time. BIAFRA my dick.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by laliga01: 3:59pm On Aug 31, 2018
danvon:
Hmmm he wasn't very comfortable they killed Aguiyi killed many Igbo soldiers he was obviously the next in line

Next in line for what exactly?
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by Awoleesu(m): 4:31pm On Aug 31, 2018
clevvermind:
they just played with people's life.
Exactly! The reason one must use his sense well when following a perceived leader...
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by danvon(m): 9:56pm On Aug 31, 2018
laliga01:

Next in line for what exactly?
next in line for ATM see stupid question
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by laliga01: 12:02am On Sep 01, 2018
danvon:
next in line for ATM see stupid question

Oh, Sorry no vex. I thought I was actually communicating with a human being.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by centboy123456(m): 11:16am On Sep 01, 2018
Afonja007:
I took morrocan airline to Italy from casanlanca I see only Arabs inside the plane with their bears to me they are all sucide bombers I won't try that plane again

lol are you serious

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse / Ramadan: Adeleke Dynasty Shares Rice And Beans Across Osun State (Photos) / Emefiele Has Serious Stakes In 12 Banks - Sahara Reporters

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.