Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,007 members, 7,939,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 05:25 PM

First Wife, Laide Speak On Romance With Wole Soyinka. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / First Wife, Laide Speak On Romance With Wole Soyinka. (1478 Views)

Laide Bakare Shares Photos Of Her Kids / Buhari's Late First Wife And Their Kids (Photos) / Nigerian Celebrities Speak On Sex Before Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

First Wife, Laide Speak On Romance With Wole Soyinka. by pckid: 6:58am On Jun 29, 2010
One thing that has not been written about Wole Soyinka is the woman/women in this life even a Lagos based newspaper that had advertised a story to celebrate his 70th birthday never published the story.

Wole Soyinka remains the first Blackman to receive the prestigious Nobel Laurel in this discipline.

“Don’t ask me about Wole Soyinka,” Laide Soyinka said with a note of finality. “I am not going to talk about Wole Soyinka. Or, am I Wole Soyinka? If you want a story about Wole Soyinkia, go to Wole Soyinka and interview him. As for me, no way! I am not going to say a word. I won’t talk about Wole Soyinka.”

She recalled her encounter with Dele Momodu (Publisher of Ovation magazine), who as an editor with Weekend Concord, Nigeria’s highly successful first Saturday newspaper, cornered the lady for a world-exclusive interview. “Dele Momodu told me he wanted to do an interview on me as a woman of substance,” said Chief Laide Soyinka, “but, he ended up doing such an elaborate thing on me and Wole Soyinka. No, I won’t allow you do the same thing this time around. You won’t get me like Dele Momodu did.

If you want to do a story on Wole Soyinka, go to Wole Soyinka and interview him. As for me, I am not ready and I am not going to talk about Wole Soyinka.”

Ask her how she feels about the Nobel Laureate, and her response comes tumbling out with the speed of light. “Of course, I love him,” she said. “How do you marry somebody you don’t love? Indeed, I love him. I admire him. It was this affection between us that led to the marriage. How could I ha, http://questionmarkmag.com/2010/06/first-wife-laide-speak-on-romance-with-wole-soyinka/
Re: First Wife, Laide Speak On Romance With Wole Soyinka. by PokerFace(f): 11:58am On Jun 29, 2010
LOLZ@ 'I am not going to talk about Wole Soyinka. Or, am I Wole Soyinka? If you want a story about Wole Soyinkia, go to Wole Soyinka and interview him. As for me, no way! I am not going to say a word. I won’t talk about Wole Soyinka.

They still got her to talk about Wole Soyinka!

(1) (Reply)

Any John Dumelo Fans in the House? / Lil Wayne, Diddy, Kanye, Fat Joe And Co Storm DJ Khaled's 37th Birthday Party / Nicki Minaj’s Boyfriend Denies Cheating On Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.