Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,249 members, 7,880,925 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:22 AM

Health Benefits Of Titus Fish - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Benefits Of Titus Fish (22863 Views)

How To Spot Fake Titus Fish In Abuja / Health Benefits Of Titus Fish / Amazing Health Benefits Of Mackerel Fish(titus) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 01, 2018
grin
Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by anjilgreat(f): 2:58pm On Sep 01, 2018
Nwaohafia1:

Meaning we should be thankful about the Titus liquid and not the two small fishes in it?

It's not Titus sardines fish this article is talking about. Titus is a brand name.

Titus sardines like every other canned food when eaten too frequently, increases the risk of cancer because of their contents which is high in free radicals.

The benefits of this fatty acid is on some fresh fishes .

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by anjilgreat(f): 3:09pm On Sep 01, 2018
pls nairalanders, the Titus fish talked about in this article is not TITUS SARDINES.

Mackerel is the specie of fish that is mostly eaten by the Nigerian population but unfortunately, it is not farmed. It is the specie of fish that is popularly known as Titus.

All the mackerel fish in the Nigerian market were caught straight from the Nigerian waters before now but most are now imported as iced fish.

Although some sardines and geisha brands uses this fish, it is advisable to eat them fresh because of the cancer risk associated with canned food and you'll never get maximum health benefits from the canned ones.

2 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by enemyofprogress: 3:10pm On Sep 01, 2018
Nickijoy:
How about weight loss?
I know sey you go dey here

Abeg come back and pack your things from my house

Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 01, 2018
And many nigerians will be arguing that they prefer eating more of cowmeat than fish cos according to them fish na poor man foodcheesy. Lalas247,Queensekzy do u know that fish can reduce the risk of bwest cancer? Mikejj,austyn0 do u know dat fish can reduce the risk of prostrate cancer?cheesy. Omo fish is good 4 u.
Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 01, 2018
enemyofprogress:
I know sey you go dey here

Abeg come back and pack your things from my house
jesus christ! See craw craw for her yanshcheesy.dis one must be a dirty girlcheesy

Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by Lalas247(f): 3:20pm On Sep 01, 2018
lefulefu:
And many nigerians will be arguing that they prefer eating more of cowmeat than fish cos according to them fish na poor man foodcheesy. Lalas247,Queensekzy do u know that fish can reduce the risk of bwest cancer? Mikejj,austyn0 do u know dat fish can reduce the risk of prostrate cancer?cheesy. Omo fish is good 4 u.
Yes o... it’s very good
Some people don’t eat red metcause fish gives a lot of benefits...
Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 01, 2018
Lalas247:

Yes o... it’s very good
Some people don’t eat red metcause fish gives a lot of b enefits...
over here ppl still eat red meat like madcheesy. U will see only just one person oo.. Im plate of egusi soup u will be seeing huge huge chunks of cow meat all over his plate. Its mostly few ppl here dat know the benefit of fish.
Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by Maxcollins042(m): 4:04pm On Sep 01, 2018
I learnt it induces and improves memory, mental sharpness and strength therefore making women that are blessed by nature with big derriere predisposed to becoming intelligent.
Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by Maxcollins042(m): 4:08pm On Sep 01, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
All these benefits wey una dey list sef undecided then why are people still dying

Is it another fish or this same one wey we dey eat for Nigeria
Are the vicissitudes of the country that we find ourselves in not capable of subduing these benefits?

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by dingbang(m): 4:43pm On Sep 01, 2018
anjilgreat:
pls nairalanders, the Titus fish talked about in this article is not TITUS SARDINES.

Mackerel is the specie of fish that is mostly eaten by the Nigerian population but unfortunately, it is not farmed. It is the specie of fish that is popularly known as Titus.

All the mackerel fish in the Nigerian market are caught straight from the Nigerian waters before now but most are now imported as iced fish.

Although some sardines and geisha brands uses this fish, it is advisable to eat them fresh because of the cancer risk associated with canned food and you'll never get maximum health benefits from the canned ones.
so where can one buy this mackerel fish from
Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by anjilgreat(f): 5:00pm On Sep 01, 2018
dingbang:
so where can one buy this mackerel fish from

This is it. It's every where in Nigeria. The only problem is that some heartless and wicked people preserve it with dangerous chemicals like formalin.

It's just to buy it from a reliable frozen food store.

Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by Sleekfingers: 5:04pm On Sep 01, 2018
fabulousvera:
Quite educative
Thanks for the info

The fish is called mackerel, not Titus. There is no fish with such name
Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by dingbang(m): 5:07pm On Sep 01, 2018
anjilgreat:

This is it. It's every where in Nigeria. The only problem is that some heartless and wicked people preserve it with dangerous chemicals like formalin.

It's just to buy it from a reliable frozen food store.
and when frozen, it doesn't give that much nutrients right?
Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by anjilgreat(f): 5:13pm On Sep 01, 2018
Sleekfingers:

The fish is called mackerel, not Titus. There is no fish with such name

It's popularly called Titus in Nigeria. BTW, google is your friend just check it out.
Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by anjilgreat(f): 5:15pm On Sep 01, 2018
dingbang:
and when frozen, it doesn't give that much nutrients right?

It still does only if it is well preserved.
Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by Sleekfingers: 5:19pm On Sep 01, 2018
anjilgreat:

It's popularly called Titus in Nigeria. BTW, google is your friend just check it out.

Yes in Nigeria. But there is no fish with such name I repeat. Titus is a brand name. Try and take correction
Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by Sleekfingers: 5:26pm On Sep 01, 2018
anjilgreat:

Yes in Nigeria. But there is no fish with such name I repeat. Titus is a brand name. Try and take correction ..
Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by anjilgreat(f): 5:27pm On Sep 01, 2018
Sleekfingers:

Yes in Nigeria. But there is no fish with such name I repeat. Titus is a brand name. Try and take correction

As I said earlier in my post, I mentioned that Titus is a brand name. I also mentioned that it is popularly called Titus in Nigeria. I don't understand the correction you are offering me.

Pls refer to my first post and stop quoting me out of context. Even online it is written that Mackerel is also known as Titus fish.

BTW, it's like you are mistaking me for the writer of this article who just mentioned 'Titus fish'. I only gave my submission when I saw that most readers thought that the OP was referring to Titus sardines and I made it clear that Titus is a brand name and Mackerels are popularly known as Titus in Nigeria for which the writer never differentiated.

Pls read my first post, I am not arguing with you. In case u don't understand just Google and you'll see what I'm talking about. I am a health practitioner and do a lot of research and I don't talk just for the sake of talking.
Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by mikejj(m): 7:12pm On Sep 01, 2018
lefulefu:
. Mai hear its depends on who send the cancer oo.if nah village people send d cancer if you like swallow river.
Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 01, 2018
mikejj:
. Mai hear its depends on who send the cancer oo.if nah village people send d cancer if you like swallow river.
aghh village ppl don dey send cancer?shocked

Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 01, 2018
Sleekfingers:

Yes in Nigeria. But there is no fish with such name I repeat. Titus is a brand name. Try and take correction ..
he might have been refering to sardine
Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by mikejj(m): 10:20pm On Sep 01, 2018
lefulefu:
aghh village ppl don dey send cancer?shocked
..they there gruaduate don dey apply for babalawo Job..

Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 01, 2018
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
mikejj:
..they there gruaduate don dey apply for babalawo Job..
shocked shocked shocked

Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by emmakvsaint(m): 6:11am On Sep 02, 2018
Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by sweetilicious(f): 8:05am On Sep 02, 2018
sureheaven:
Omega 3 ko, Alfa 4 ni....... grin grin

Those who will not be healthy, will not be healthy with all these una yeye health benefits.
Those who won’t live long will still not live long.

But at least,doing little things to improve your health matters.
Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by stevedre: 10:18am On Sep 03, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
"Liga Liga Li,
Titus na fish,
Eba na wetin man de use they chop soupe"
grin

If I hear say indomie kids know what I said above.

Shaba Ranks Naija remix grin
Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 03, 2018
stevedre:

Shaba Ranks Naija remix grin
You are truly an elder. grin

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Titus Fish by stevedre: 10:39am On Sep 03, 2018
OkaNaUbe:

You are truly an elder. grin

Hahahahaha. Thank you Sir grin.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? / What Tips Do You Have To A Flatter Tummy? / 2 Year Old Indian Girl Born With Four Legs And Four Hands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.