Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,159 members, 7,890,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:31 AM

PACT Outrage - How The Situation Stands - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PACT Outrage - How The Situation Stands (381 Views)

Kingsley Moghalu Gives Reason Why He Pulled Out Of PACT After Losing / Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate / Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

PACT Outrage - How The Situation Stands by Ifedayo45: 9:20am On Sep 01, 2018
Today, the Nigerian “third force” coalition dubbed: Presidential Aspirants Coming Together (PACT) reached a consensus, naming one of their own, Fela Durotoye of the Alliance for New Nigeria.

The decision to choose Fela Durotoye, a popular public speaker and leadership coach as the consensus candidate of the coalition was reached through “a two-staged voting process and ended with an outcome that had Fela Durotoye score 4 votes and Kingsley Moghalu, 3 votes” according to the former Minister of Education, Mrs Oby Ezekwesili who observed the process.

Since the result of the election was made public a few hours ago on social media, Nigerians have taken the micro-blogging site, Twitter to express register their discontent with the outcome.

Of the 18 aspirants in the coalition, the contest boiled down to a contest between Mr Fela Durotoye and Kingsley Moghalu of the Young Progressive Party. Other aspirants include: Dr Thomas-Wilson Ikubese, Ahmed Buhari, Tope Fasua, and Sina Fagbenro-Byron, Eragbe Anslem,
Jaye Gaskia, Mathias Tsado, Victor Ani-Laju, Alistair Soyode, Godstime Sidney Iroabuchi, Clement Jimbo, and Elishama Ideh.

Many Nigerians on Twitter including the social media influencer ‘Mr Aye Dee’ and financial expert and radio personality, Tunji Andrews seem to think that Moghalu, a former United Nations Director who served as the Deputy Governor to Sanusi Lamido Sanusi at the Central Bank of Nigeria between 2009 and 2014, should have won the PACT’s nomination as consensus candidate.

See some reactions below:

Re: PACT Outrage - How The Situation Stands by Baronquest(m): 7:08pm On Sep 12, 2018

DISCLAIMER!
DISCLAIMER !!
DISCLAIMER !!!

NO FALSEHOOD MUST BE PUBLISHED WITH MY NAME: COMR (ENGR) ERAGBE ANSLEM APHIMIA (C.REG: COA)
PRESIDENTIAL ASPIRANT, LABOUR PARTY (LP)

1: It must be noted forthwith that I was NOT part of the last two(2) PACT meetings that culminated in the purported adoption of a consensus candidate for PACT today, Thursday 30th August, 2018.

2: It MUST BE NOTED that I had WARNED & LONG DISSOCIATED MYSELF along with three (3) other Presidential aspirants (Sina Fagbenro-Byron,
Tope Fasua,
Jaye Gaskia from ANY arrangement that will produce ANY consensus candidate BEFORE PARTY PRIMARIES

3: I AM A PRESIDENTIAL ASPIRANT UNDER LABOUR PARTY AND AS SUCH, I HEREBY DISSOCIATE MY SELF FROM THE PURPORTED ARRANGEMENT WHERE MY NAME WAS INCLUDED AMONGST THOSE WHO ADOPTED A CONSENSUS CANDIDATE FOR PACT, TODAY 30TH AUGUST 2018

4: LET IT BE NOTED THAT I WAS NOT PRESENT, LET ALONE BEEN PART OF THE DECISION AND MY NAME SHOULD BE REMOVED FORTHWITH FROM THE LIST OF NINETEEN ATTENDEES

5: I HOWEVER, WISH THE EVENTUAL CONSENSUS CANDIDATE WELL IN THE 2019 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION STRUGGLES, WHILE THOSE OF US WHO ARE ALREADY ASPIRANTS IN OUR VARIOUS POLITICAL PARTIES ARE UNDERGOING THE DUE PROCESSES OF INEC REGULATIONS LEADING TO THE EMERGENCE OF POLITICAL PARTY CANDIDATES FOR THE 2019 GENERAL ELECTIONS IN NIGERIA.

MY POSITION AND DISCLAIMER MUST BE EMPHATICALLY NOTED BY FELLOW NIGERIANS !

God be our helper

COMR (ENGR) ERAGBE ANSLEM APHIMIA (C.REG: COA)
PRESIDENTIAL ASPIRANT
LABOUR PARTY (LP)

GPS2019 NATIONAL CONVENER & SPOKESPERSON

REBUILDING THE NATION !
http://www.generationalpowershift2019.org.ng

�DISCLAIMER�
"2019: 17 Presidential aspirants pick Durotoye as consensus candidate
August 30, 2018
2019: 17 Presidential aspirants pick Durotoye as consensus candidate

By Editor
About 17 presidential aspirants from different political platforms on Thursday in Abuja unanimously picked Mr Fela Durotoye as their consensus candidate for the 2019 general elections.

The aspirants under PACT arrived at the decision during a meeting which was called for that purpose.

The PACT made up of new breed presidential had agreed to form a pact to unseat the President Muhammadu Buhari-led All Progressives Congress (APC) government and “rescue Nigeria from the brink of collapse through visionary leadership.”

Those at the meeting included:
Mrs Godstime Sydney Iroabuchi
Alistair Soyode
Awwal Abdullahi Aliyu
Clement Jumbo
Thomas-Wilson Ikubese
Comrade Eragbe Anslem
Fela Durotoye
Dr Abubakar Alkali
Jaye Gaskia
Ahmed Buhari
Professor Kingsley Moghalu
Dr Elishama Ideh
Sina Fagbenro-Byron
Matthews B Trado
Victor Ani-Laju
Emmanuel Etim
Ayodele Favour

Durotoye is of the Alliance for New Nigeria (ANN) party. He and some other aspirants in the party had refused to take part in the recent congress of the party where the national executives had emerged."
This is the link to the story:
2019: 17 Presidential aspirants pick Durotoye as consensus candidate - https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/2019-17-presidential-aspirants-pick-durotoye-as-consensus-candidate/

(1) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Strikes Again! / Buhari Team Turning Heads In Beijing / Aide To Abia Speaker Allegedly Empowers Woman With Bicycle.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.