Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,476 members, 7,914,211 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 08:23 PM

Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA (2913 Views)

BREAKING NEWS : Former Abia Gov, Orji Uzor Kalu And Mother On Loggerhead / Pictures Of Gov. Orji's Visit To Ghana / How Gov Orji Uzor Kalu And Mother Eunice Uzor Kalu Will Rule Abia Forever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 29, 2010
Governor Theodore Orji of Abia State has resigned from the Progressive Peoples Alliance (PPA), the platform on which he won election three years ago. Orji submitted his resignation on Monday to the Chairman of his ward, Umuahia North Urban Ward One. He became the second PPA Governor to defect from the party. Governor Ikedi Ohakim of Imo State was elected on the PPA platform in 2007 like Orji. He is now in the fold of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). Apart from Orji, no fewer than 115,000 stalwarts of the party in the state, including majority members of the State Executive Council and the Abia State House of Assembly have threatened to move en masse to another party, preferably the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA). A date for the formal declaration for the APGA by Orji and his followers is yet to be ascertained. He left the PPA because of a schism between him and the founder of the party, Orji Uzor Kalu, who is allegedly determined to deny him the Governorship ticket for the 2011 general election.

Orji and his Deputy, Chris Akomas, were summoned before a PPA panel in Abuja last week. While Akomas honoured the summons, Orji, who was ill, could not show up. But the party gave him two months to either perform or quit. Orji countered on Monday that he was not given a fair hearing. His camp also insisted that the issues for which he was summoned, like outstanding teacher’s salaries, are now belated. Kalu, who is the Chairman of the PPA Board of Trustees (BoT), appeared at a panel set up by its National Executive Committee (NEC) with members of the BoT. Our source described the defections in Abia as a disaster for the PPA. But Akomas remains in the PPA, laying credence to insinuations that he is eyeing the Governorship.

The PPA had confronted Orji and given him two months to shape up based on petitions from party members which led to vote of no confidence in his administration. The party mandated him to repair the strained relationship between him and Kalu, Akomas, and other party leaders in Abia. On Monday, Orji dissolved the state Executive Council in what analysts saw as the beginning of a political showdown over who gets what in the coming election. The statement announced on state radio ordered affected Commissioners, Special Advisers and Assistants to hand over to the most senior officer in the ministry or parastatal. However, Akomas, as well as Orji’s Chief of Staff, Deputy Chief of Staff to Akomas, the Secretary to the State Government, the Commissioners for Works, Housing, and Attorney General and Justice Commissioner were exempted from the hammer.

SOURCE: http://www.nigeriagalleria.com/News/Headlines/Nigerian_News_Headlines-16.html
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 29, 2010
Ok
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by dedeike: 10:45am On Jun 30, 2010
A daniel has finally come to judgement.The chicken is also coming home to roost.Things have fallen apart and now the centre
can no longer hold in my Abia state.All the forces who have held Abia prostrate for the past 11yrs are now at loggerheads.The felons are now at war over the spoils of their loot.For years, we have prayed for the exposure of this cabal.For over a decade,we have been carried away into captivity.since 1999, we have been wondering how to sing the lords song in a diabolical mamacracy. Freedom is finally at sight. KE NAKO, MY ABIA STATE !
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by deluxecad(m): 11:01am On Jun 30, 2010
GOOD FOR HIM. HE SHOULD RETIRE TO HIS MOM'S KITCHEN AND WARM UP TO CRAWL TO HIS CELL SLOT IN KIRIKIRI OR WHEREVER. GOOD RIDDANCE, I'D SAY. DOES HE THINK HE CAN RESIGN OR RATHER DEFECT FROM PPA AND STILL HAVE A CHANCE AT ANY JUICY POSITION IN ABIA AGAIN? HE WASTED PRECIOUS TIME AND RESOURCES. WHAT?!
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by mrkoma2012: 11:33am On Jun 30, 2010
Shameless man, he has made the state total insecure with his thoughtless attitude towards his people
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by oisehumen(m): 11:40am On Jun 30, 2010
I think he should win the worst Governor award grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by sley4life(m): 11:58am On Jun 30, 2010
He should be thrown out of office. Why are our politicians so greedy. Ohakim did same, now Orji. Who's next? Maybe Adam Oshiomole, Fashola or, ?
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by philoo(m): 12:03pm On Jun 30, 2010
he already won the most confused gov , why saddle him with another
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by 1luvkipsus: 12:05pm On Jun 30, 2010
It still baffles me what could have gone wrong between the two Orjis. Is theodore trying to bite the finger that fed him, or Kalu is chocking the governor?
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 30, 2010
philoo:

he already won the most confused gov , why saddle him with another
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by otukpo(f): 1:27pm On Jun 30, 2010
1luvkipsus:

It still baffles me what could have gone wrong between the two Orjis. Is theodore trying to bite the finger that fed him, or Kalu is chocking the governor?

I think Kalu is seriously choking him.
Though, i think he is equally a bad person, for being with kalu in the 1st place.
Bad see bad wey bad pass am.
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by Atila1(f): 1:38pm On Jun 30, 2010
dats great. D main criminals in abia state shd leave also.
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by ReachRich(m): 2:40pm On Jun 30, 2010
This marks the end of T A Orji's political career.
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by Madukaele(m): 4:05pm On Jun 30, 2010
God neva start to d punish him, we abians don sufer for him hand. stupid gov. na him d kill, d kidnap, d steal money.etc.
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by Homonide: 4:46pm On Jun 30, 2010
POLITICAL SLUTS!!!!
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by Homonide: 4:48pm On Jun 30, 2010
POLITICAL SLUTS!!!!
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by CarlosVent(m): 4:52pm On Jun 30, 2010
hmmmm i tink pdp is planing sometin else ohhhh
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by Greycells(m): 5:50pm On Jun 30, 2010
The guy snooker himself allround. Orji Kalu, FG, EFCC, Masses etc after him she! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

See where I must whack by force push man reach grin grin grin grin grin

PRISON STRAIGHT!
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by SSaemoenl(m): 6:16pm On Jun 30, 2010
This guy is a fool simple! cheesy
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by kobikwelu(m): 10:06pm On Jun 30, 2010
when the issue of kidnappings were raised, i dropped a footnote as to the role of OUK in all this

the answer is not far fetched

kalu wants to instill his candidate and orji may have tried to oppose him, hence OUK rendering the state ungovernable,
remember the anambra state debacle, (ngige)

orji is an isolatated man in PPA

thats why he wants a different platform
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by jookco(m): 1:17am On Jul 01, 2010
Orji have done nothingw wrong, he was in a very tight Conner, he is now free to perform.
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by hatch: 5:20am On Jul 01, 2010
The tale of the 2 orji's will never be forgotten atleast in Nigeria's History Books.
The two bossom buddies who renewed or revoked their friendship at shrine that was caught on tape.
I wonder why people are suprised at how things are generating to this level after following how they both got this far in the first place. Please take heart my fellow Abia people the ride may be bumpy but we shall get to our destination in one piece.
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by Nobody: 5:37am On Jul 01, 2010
Nothing Good can ever come from both ORJI's PERIOD ! My uncle Wanted to slap the living Heck out of the Orji Kalu the senior Criminal in Houston Tx. O boi come see the mansion that azzh, ole mother is living at Sugarland area, Abia State Money,
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by supereagle(m): 6:26am On Jul 01, 2010
How did he win the election? He was in jail during the campaign
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by maduka001(m): 11:42am On Jul 01, 2010
There is no way T.A. Orji can rule Abia again. It's over for him, APGA my foot!
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by portiaT: 2:21pm On Jul 02, 2010
embarassed lipsrsealed undecidedw
hy wont he leave, u can not have two masters in one boat lipsrsealed.there is this saying in my language IMARA NKA I MA NKE UZOR? they are all foolsssssssssssssssssssss.THE WORST SO FAR
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by Onlytruth(m): 5:45pm On Jul 02, 2010
[size=16pt]Abia: Chukwumerije Dumps PPA[/size]

The crisis plaguing the Progressive Peoples Alliance (PPA) in Abia State deepened as the only senator elected on its platform, Comrade Uche Chukwumerije, yesterday announced his resignation from the party.

His resignation is coming barely forty-eight hours after Governor of the state Theodore Orji quit PPA and headed for the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA).

Also, the National Publicity Secretary of PPA Chief Ben Onyechere has tendered his letter of resignation, citing irreconcilable differences within the party’s National Working Committee (NWC).

Onyechere told THISDAY that he was quitting because it was unfair for the National Chairman of PPA Mr. Larry Esin to unilaterally issue a query to Orji, without discussing it with other members of the party.

Senator Chukwumerije who represents Abia North Senatorial District lamented that despite PPA being registered as a political party, the party is nothing but a family business. The sole shareholders, according to him, are mother of former Governor of the State and PPA Chairman of Board of Trustees, Chief Orji Uzor Kalu and her children while all the members of the party are employees.

The face-off between Kalu and his successor Orji snowballed on Tuesday, resulting in the resignation of the governor from the party. Similarly, Senator Chukwumerije was issued a query on grounds that he encouraged the Abia State governor to leave the party and was discouraging members from paying their dues.

In response, Chukwumerije faulted the use of public query instead of administrative method to resolve a common issue.

“But why the medium of a query? The medium is a perfectly appropriate systemic expression of the organization of PPA. It reflects the character of the proprietary family structure of PPA. Whatever its exterior postures, PPA is not a political party, but a public property. It is a family business in which the sole shareholders are Madam Eunice Uzor Kalu and her children. All the members of the party are employees,” he said.

He suggested that the Kalu family controls the political economy of Abia State through “control over key posts, control over a network of paybacks and tithes, and control over state business.”

Chukwumerije, who said he consulted with his constituency before resigning from PPA, assured that he would contest the 2011 senatorial election on a yet-to-be decided platform.

The face-off between Kalu and his political protégée, Orji, took a new twist when the NWC of the PPA last week read the riot act to the later.

He was ordered to pay salaries to civil servants in the state and allowances of his Deputy, Comrade Akomas. The governor was also ordered to deal with crime in the state and resolve differences with Kalu within one week.

Orji said he was not even given the opportunity to defend himself. He said that upon receiving a letter of summon from the party, he has asked for a two-week grace because he was indisposed. But, he was not given a chance, he said.

But before the expiration of the deadline, Orji joined APGA. Also, the Chief of Staff and Kalu's brother had resigned from his job.
Leader of APGA Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu is expected to receive Orji into the party tomorrow. Previously, Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State was reported to have given his support to the Abia chief executive.

The issue of cross-carpeting is rampant across the states particularly in cases were godsons try to fight back when their godfathers become overbearing.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=177291
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by Onlytruth(m): 5:53pm On Jul 02, 2010
PPA is not a political party, but a public property. It is a family business in which the sole shareholders are Madam Eunice Uzor Kalu and her children. All the members of the party are employees

This statement from Senator Uche Chukwumerije seals my understand of PPA and Abia state politics.

Now, the option is there for Abia state citizens to make their choice. I don't really see any big deal about all of these. The only party that will survive the new inferno called "free and fair elections" scheduled for next year are the parties will real ideology, not the cash and carry ones.
Once the elite is toppled (because frankly they make up less than 20% of the Nigerian population undecided), parties like APGA will start to win elections.
Since Jonathan promised free and fair elections next year, APGA stands a chance in Abia more than other parties, because other parties are busy fighting over money. cool
While they are busy fighting and killing themselves over money, APGA will go to poor people and those in the rural areas with their manifesto.

T.A Orji is not a fool. cool
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by kobikwelu(m): 9:33pm On Jul 02, 2010
This statement from Senator Uche Chukwumerije seals my understand of PPA and Abia state politics.

Now, the option is there for Abia state citizens to make their choice. I don't really see any big deal about all of these. The only party that will survive the new inferno called "free and fair elections" scheduled for next year are the parties will real ideology, not the cash and carry ones.
Once the elite is toppled (because frankly they make up less than 20% of the Nigerian population ), parties like APGA will start to win elections.
Since Jonathan promised free and fair elections next year, APGA stands a chance in Abia more than other parties, because other parties are busy fighting over money.
While they are busy fighting and killing themselves over money, APGA will go to poor people and those in the rural areas with their manifesto.

T.A Orji is not a fool.

as par the boldened, thats where the problem will be,

can their choice be recognized?

rephrasing,

would their vote count
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by xboje: 5:02pm On Jul 04, 2010
Shameless Man. This amounts to biting the fingers that fed you.
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by slap1(m): 12:09am On Jul 05, 2010
ReachRich:

This marks the end of T A Orji's political career.
On d contrary he just became d governor of Abia State, he was previously an 'SSG' to Kalu and his insatiable, shameless mother.
Re: Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA by slap1(m): 12:14am On Jul 05, 2010
x-boje:

Shameless Man. This amounts to biting the fingers that fed you.
If u don't know the Abia political terrain, shutting ur trap will do u a world of good, so do it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra Gets $2.5Billion 1500mw Power Plant / The Reason I Fought With Bishop Oyedepo - Pastor Tunde Bakare / World Press Conference By The APC Hierarchy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.