Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,019 members, 7,909,761 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 12:19 PM

These Are Ways To Keep Your Relationship After A Partner Cheats - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / These Are Ways To Keep Your Relationship After A Partner Cheats (416 Views)

I don’t mind if my partner cheats, as long as he loves me – Nigerian Lady / Lady Ends Her 3 Years Relationship After She Found This On Her Boyfriend's Phone / What Is The Best Option If Your Partner Cheats On You: Forgive Or Breakup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

These Are Ways To Keep Your Relationship After A Partner Cheats by ClintGist(f): 6:50am On Sep 03, 2018
Cheating is not always the end of a relationship and if you have had to deal with an unfaithful partner, there are ways to save your relationship after a partner cheats.

It sounds ridiculous and it is uncommon but sometimes, unfaithfulness could bring two people closer and could be what spurs them into a beautiful, lasting phase of better understanding and stronger bonds.

This is because sometimes, cheating is only but a mistake; a one off thing that the cheater sorely regrets and genuinely intends to put behind himself or herself for life.

In some other instances, partners could realise that the cheating was of course the fault of the person who stepped out of their commitment but they could have done so for reasons that only them can’t bear responsibility for.

Regardless, to salvage a relationship from the jaws of cheating and infidelity, here are ways to do so

1. Communicate

Communication is key. You have to discuss, talk about what happened – although there is a little of question of how much details is necessary.

In any case, honest conversations will be needed and those channels of communication need to be kept open to limit the chances of the cheating occurring again.

2. The outsider is not your problem

Focus on your partner. And your partner only. That’s the only person that is committed to you – or supposed to be.

3. Be reasonable

It’s one thing for a cheat to apologise emotionally after being caught or after a confession; it is another thing to be sincere about turning a new leaf.

Be open about giving them a chance but also be reasonable. If there ever was an exception to the rule of never taking breaks from your relationship, this is it.

4. You need a support system

Don’t try to do it alone. There is a very thin line between doing the right thing here and making a huge mistake.

You could either wrongly let a sincere partner go because of a mistake they genuinely regret or take back a chronic cheat who would do it again.

You need an extra pair of eyes to give a different perspective.

Read more https://www.clintgist.com/here-are-ways-to-keep-your-relationship-after-a-partner-cheats-id8802596-html/

1 Like

Re: These Are Ways To Keep Your Relationship After A Partner Cheats by Olalan(m): 7:00am On Sep 03, 2018
All I know is once a cheat always a cheat......... If only you can seal with that reality

1 Like

Re: These Are Ways To Keep Your Relationship After A Partner Cheats by chiommy123(f): 7:54am On Sep 03, 2018
The trust is gone like forever
Re: These Are Ways To Keep Your Relationship After A Partner Cheats by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 03, 2018
I pray I don't get cheated on because that's just one shortcoming I can't forgive. cry

(1) (Reply)

Some Ladies Want To Marry Desperately, No Much Need For Mr. Bad Guy. / At Rebecca's Feet (humor And Crime) Episode 1 / What is Really True Love To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.