Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,088 members, 7,967,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 10:44 AM

Ex-federal Lawmaker Declares Interest In Kwara Guber Seat(mallam Abdulwahab Iss) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-federal Lawmaker Declares Interest In Kwara Guber Seat(mallam Abdulwahab Iss) (283 Views)

Ex-Federal Lawmaker Stephen Olemija, Thousands Of Supporters Dump APC, Join PDP / Abaribe Reacts As Abia PDP Zones Guber Seat To Abia Central, Abia North / How Okorocha’s 2023 Presidential Ambition Cost APC Imo Guber Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ex-federal Lawmaker Declares Interest In Kwara Guber Seat(mallam Abdulwahab Iss) by bababai: 2:02pm On Sep 03, 2018
Mallam Abdulwahab Issa, a former member of the House of Representatives on Friday declared interest to contest 2019 governorship election in Kwara under the platform of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Issa declared his interest alongside two other aspirants for a Federal House of Representation and State House of Assembly seats.
The declaration was made at the residence of Alhaji Salihu Abdulkareem, a PDP elder in Ilorin South local government area of Kwara.
Addressing his teeming supporters, Issa, who is hailed from Ilorin South, explained that his decision was based on the approval of party leaders.
He noted that he was surprised by the decision of leaders, but stated however that he was ready to heed the call to contest for the post.
According to him, there was not a premonition that the gathering is meant to nominate him to contest the seat.
"We only came to this place for a meeting. When the party members informed me that I have been chosen to represent the local government and to contest for governorship ticket, I was surprised and at the same time happy with the offer.
Since it is their wish for me to represent them, then I am ready to contest and be a good leader, as always," he said.
An aspirant for Ilorin East/Ilorin South seat in the Federal House of Representatives, Mallam Lanre Daibu also expressed his surprise towards the party members' decision.
"The things that happened today, started as a meeting but turned out to be a surprise, and as members of PDP and followers of Senator Bukola Saraki, we remain loyal to his decision
"The youths were supposed to inform all the party members before now, but because of our good legacy, they believed in us and made the decision.
"As a true son of the state, which is our home, I accept to serve and assure the people of the state that I will represent them very well, as have always done in the past," he said.
Alhaji Moshood Onila, who was nominated for the Ilorin South seat at the state House of Assembly, said that his mission was to accept all duties and was ready as a leader of youths in the constituency.
"We need youths that is vibrant, tolerant, objective, visible and competent and that is why I accept to represent my people, in order for them to achieve their desires," he said.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Governorship aspirant was also a former chairman of Ilorin South Local Government Area, while the aspirant for House of Representative was a former Commissioner of Education as well as a former chairman of Ilorin South Local Government Area. (NAN)
Re: Ex-federal Lawmaker Declares Interest In Kwara Guber Seat(mallam Abdulwahab Iss) by SolutionMee: 2:08pm On Sep 03, 2018
cheesy

Go and pay homage to Dr Saraki first

They don't nurse a Mallam in Kwara State

(1) (Reply)

Watch As These Chinese Guys Entertain President Buhari With Hausa Song And Dance / 10 Suspects Arrested For Allegedly Killing Policeman In Ifako Ijaiye, Lagos / PDP Rep Aspirant, Gboluga Allegedly Leads 3 Others To Beat Up Party Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.