Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,970 members, 7,886,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 01:16 PM

The ‘vex-money’ Attitude - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The ‘vex-money’ Attitude (369 Views)

U Vex Or U Happy???(ladies Only) / See As Chioma Dey Vex For Davido (picture) / Young Men Should Drop This Attitude. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The ‘vex-money’ Attitude by Habeebah15(f): 4:03pm On Sep 03, 2018
During the weekend, I made a post on how important it is to have ‘vex money’ when you go out with a guy on a date or something, and I got a lot of interesting feedbacks from both genders, mostly females about their thoughts and experiences. Some talked about how their date unexpectedly left them without paying for the date or how they were made to pay because he either left his wallet at home or his debit card wasn’t working, some even had to do any work so they could pay for the date because their date ran off. Some ladies didn’t even know what ‘vex money’ meant.
The guys complained about how the ladies always expect them to pay for dates, how some ladies bring their ‘wolf pack’ with them on the date expecting the guy to pay, and some even go as far as getting take away for their neighbors and that’s why they run off, lol. I feel you don’t need a ‘vex money’ if you do things right unless in situations where your date is a pain in the butt.

The society is designed such that, the guy asks you out on the date, you pick the spot and he pays for the date because guys take girls on date to treat them,trust me, there’s nothing wrong with that.
Personally, I think that a date is supposed to be an ‘us’ time where you’re supposed to have stimulating conversations but nowadays, people label dates as an unnecessarily extravagant booty call. What if your date only has enough for two? Some ladies say ‘he’s planning to sleep with me, let me just ‘eat’ his money’, and then term the guy ‘stingy’ when they don’t get a call back. And some guys think ‘after taking her out, she’ll be easy’ guys, define your expectations!

When on a date, you’re supposed to eat and drink with moderation, appear interested and interesting without coming off as desperate or needy, this also makes your date really comfortable. Learn the art of small talks, some people are really shallow in their thoughts and only think about the material things their date has in stock for them, it’s ok to have fun but you should also be aesthetically pleasing. Stop bringing third parties on your date, your date is not running a charity organization. Offer to pay or split the bill in half on subsequent dates. Get to know your date, tell little jokes, be selective but not too much (don’t jump at all offers), have new experiences, you won’t need any ‘vex money’ and you’ll definitely get a call back.

Habeebah[color=#990000][/color]

Re: The ‘vex-money’ Attitude by Oluwasaeon(m): 4:10pm On Sep 03, 2018
You're reasonable
Re: The ‘vex-money’ Attitude by Olalan(m): 4:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
Unfortunately many girls are in the I never chop belle full crew and yet be forming posh and Behind.
BTW a date isn't all about eating and drinking rather an avenue to get to know each other better
Re: The ‘vex-money’ Attitude by chiommy123(f): 4:27pm On Sep 03, 2018
I heard of a lady that married her friends fiancée cos he invited her and she took her friends with her the guy then felt that she was more attractive / better than his girlfriend and married her. Ladies should be wise.
Re: The ‘vex-money’ Attitude by Earthquake1: 4:50pm On Sep 03, 2018
chiommy123:
I heard of a lady that married her friends fiancée cos he invited her and she took her friends with her the guy then felt that she was more attractive / better than his girlfriend and married her. Ladies should be wise.

Who are you?

Why are you commenting in every post

(1) (Reply)

Write A Letter About Love To Your Kids In Future? / Who Has Shown Us The Greatest Love? / Shocker!!dating A Married Man Justified By This Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.