Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,772 members, 7,889,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:19 PM

Uk Government Have Proposed That Non-eu Migrants Must Get Private Health Care. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uk Government Have Proposed That Non-eu Migrants Must Get Private Health Care. (1413 Views)

Federal Government Have Started Paying February Salary And First 28days. / What Buhari And David Cameron Discussed Today - UK Government / Should Our Local Government Have Autonomy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Government Have Proposed That Non-eu Migrants Must Get Private Health Care. by NubianQ(f): 8:56am On Jun 30, 2010
This is soo funny. i feel its a bit unfair but hey!!! its their country! i came across this article on the dailymail,  see online

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1290288/Migrants-private-healthcare-insurance-pressure-NHS.html

This is what i call random ridiculousness, i am not one to bother to make a fuss on immigration but i think that this rules aimed at non-eu migrants are just wrong. I am a migrant and even though i haven't had to use the healthcare (THANK GOD) but i am wondering how they expect other migrants to cope especially if they have large families.

Migrants are blamed for everything and accused of straining everything. The UK Government do not realise that the amount of people that come in from non-eu countries are more than migrants who come on here from Africa, Asia,  and besides how many non-eu migrants get free services? To get anything free(As in benefit's n housing) you have to either be permanently resident, a citizen and with rights to public funds,  so i don't get all the fuss on migrants.

Nobody wants anything free, we pay taxes. If we are expected to pay for healthcare, Fine! as least i don't have to wait to long for them to deal with British families who are surviving on hardworking migrants taxes. I hope my taxes are reduced so i can divert it to the proposed healthcare.

SMH!!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Uk Government Have Proposed That Non-eu Migrants Must Get Private Health Care. by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 30, 2010
Whatsup NubianQ, long time no see.
Hope you dey bam sha?

At Topic, 
The thread title and content of the post are somewhat misleading.
The proposed Private Health Care is for Skilled Non-EU Migrant Workers and not all Migrants as you  may have suggested.

Nonetheless,  a part of me gives the proposal the thumbs up
Ask me why? Well here it is.
It is a fact that the NHS is stretched and needs new funding to keep it up and running. As we all know the country is broke so it makes sense to do some cutbacks.

Furthermore, I believe the employing firm should take some sort of responsibility towards the health and welfare of the migrant up and until such a time when he/she is believed to have been integrated in the society.

My grouse with this proposal is, it is obvious it was designed with Africans and Asians in mind.

I see this proposal being extended to include international students in a couple of years.
Re: Uk Government Have Proposed That Non-eu Migrants Must Get Private Health Care. by NubianQ(f): 1:05pm On Jun 30, 2010
@OMO IBO, am ok thanks for asking, hope you are good, (Life has been a roller coaster grin grin grin grin)

Ooops my bad! yeah the thing is i know the topic is centered around that, however, the unskilled ones could be facing something soon(I know especially with the rumours). I do agree that the NHS is stretched but i think they have done that to themselves. First of all prior to the influx of EU menber states there was the same complaint of the resources and years laters the situation has gotten worse.

I am not one to moan because i understand that as immigrants we are to expect changes, i am a normad and i am looking to leave England but i think its crazy when the government do not have their numbers right. Skilled or unskilled there is a complete withc hunt on immigrants. in a few months i think it would be worse.

I was never for a conservative government and the lib-dems are closet conservatives as far as i am concerned! so many things are changing and i can only hope that immigrants are spared some of this.

Skilled or no skilled migrants. its a bit too much, skilled migrants pay taxes for Gods sake!!! well as long as my taxes are diverted to my Private Health care at some point fine, if i am still here that is,

I really wish Africa was in a better place!
Re: Uk Government Have Proposed That Non-eu Migrants Must Get Private Health Care. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 30, 2010
Good to know you are fine and dandy. You need to come round here a lot more. Your bud Vivaladiva still dey cause trouble.

Definitely, Unskilled and 'unnecessary' immigrants will soon be a thing of the past. Honestly, i don't understand the hoopla about this. Of what importance is an unskilled immigrant to anyone?

David Cameron and his party are pandering to the Gillian Duffy's of the country but fail to apply some common sense to it.
We all know the proposal means absolutely nothing to migrant workers from America, Austration  New Zealand and the likes.
If all skilled Migrants workers from Africa and Asia were denied entry to the country, resources will still be stretched.

The fact that skilled workers pay taxes does not give them automatic right to resources. Nontheless, the proposal is aimed at firms providing the workers with adequate support on arriavl to the country. This is in my opinion will also make them think long and hard about recruiting abroad.

By the way, i read somewhere that this proposal was going to include international students as well but Vince Cable of Lib Dem  and  the Education minister pressured Theresa May to scrap the idea.
Re: Uk Government Have Proposed That Non-eu Migrants Must Get Private Health Care. by Katsumoto: 2:23pm On Jun 30, 2010
If non-EU migrants pay taxes and the taxes form part of the pool that is used to service the NHS, then it is unfair to mandate non-EU workers to get private insurance.
Re: Uk Government Have Proposed That Non-eu Migrants Must Get Private Health Care. by silentc(m): 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2010
Hmmm

This one is a tough one that hasn't been thought through. Non EU migrants pay National Insurance (NI) and this covers their use of the NHS. If they pay Health Insurance, then they are either paying it twice or need to have their NI reduced?

Also, private healthcare generally use the same NHS facilities (for surgeries etc), the Doctor might diagnose etc outside the NHS, but the actual procedure is done in an NHS hospital. People on private healthcare don't have to wait on the NHS waiting list for procedures. These same people complaining about migrants using NHS will complain that migrants (with private health insurance) are jumping the queue again? Bizarre.

While I agree that private healthcare should be introduced, I would think that it is fair to have new immigrants pay for it for 1 year (during that time they will be contributing to the NHS and can now start to use the NHS for free after 1 year).
Re: Uk Government Have Proposed That Non-eu Migrants Must Get Private Health Care. by NubianQ(f): 4:53pm On Jul 01, 2010
@Omo ibo, lol, Viva is a mad woman! she makes me laugh, you should see her comments on facebook. sometimes i think she should be caught n beaten up. on the good side is the loveliest person.

well. yeah, if they decide to extend this to students, well tough!

Well, i guess its time for me to dust my passport and move somewhere else, i hear Australia is beautiful, always wants to see it anyway!!

thanks for being cool and saying hello.
Re: Uk Government Have Proposed That Non-eu Migrants Must Get Private Health Care. by NubianQ(f): 5:00pm On Jul 01, 2010
silentc:

Hmmm

This one is a tough one that hasn't been thought through. Non EU migrants pay National Insurance (NI) and this covers their use of the NHS. If they pay Health Insurance, then they are either paying it twice or need to have their NI reduced?

Also, private healthcare generally use the same NHS facilities (for surgeries etc), the Doctor might diagnose etc outside the NHS, but the actual procedure is done in an NHS hospital. People on private healthcare don't have to wait on the NHS waiting list for procedures. These same people complaining about migrants using NHS will complain that migrants (with private health insurance) are jumping the queue again? Bizarre.

While I agree that private healthcare should be introduced, I would think that it is fair to have new immigrants pay for it for 1 year (during that time they will be contributing to the NHS and can now start to use the NHS for free after 1 year).

good point you and OMO-IBO have made, i am hoping my NI gets reduced, you re right about the queue thing, we will get attended to quicker! yay!!! i am sure the BNP will go mad and some citizens will complain till they lose their heads , lol

to be honest, i dont mind change but the motives of this goverment are just crazy. well, according to what alot of migrants are saying , this governenment will run the country down, i know they will. their policies are going off the roof. i know they are trying to curb immigration and i understand that it is for the good of the country but why make scape goats of out non Eu migrants?
Re: Uk Government Have Proposed That Non-eu Migrants Must Get Private Health Care. by gabelogan(m): 5:14pm On Jul 01, 2010
@ nubianq

long time oh!!!! how is the uk treating you?

@ topic

no comment
Re: Uk Government Have Proposed That Non-eu Migrants Must Get Private Health Care. by NubianQ(f): 5:17pm On Jul 01, 2010
@Gabe,

I was in Abuja in April, lol, i miss you matey, na wa for you, well lets do it this way, you have to send ur number again, my email is on here,, will explain, lost my details, bla, bla, bla, plenty gist dey! grin
Re: Uk Government Have Proposed That Non-eu Migrants Must Get Private Health Care. by gabelogan(m): 5:22pm On Jul 01, 2010
didnt see your email! ive relocated from abuja, im at lagos ND everyother place now!

you told me you were goin be in abuja in december so i was hoping that by stroke of luck i would see you, unforutunately the rest is history!

think my email is here, hola abeg!!

(1) (Reply)

Us Cdc Honors Nigerian Scientist / Memoirs Of Times At 50 Year Old Great Ife ( A Great Yoruba Edifice) / Ibori Moved To Maximum Security Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.