Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,524 members, 7,917,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 11:53 AM

Question On International Road Trip - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Question On International Road Trip (830 Views)

Road Trip Experience On Major Highways This Period / Question On Starting System / Question On Tint Permit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question On International Road Trip by Nobody: 3:23am On Sep 04, 2018
As I sight down my retirement, I have dusted out my bucket list. One of the things to check off is to drive to every single African country and visit the capital.

So I have a few questions and seek intelligent answers from those in the know. I think I may eventually have to go and talk to international long haul drivers in Lagos.

My alternate ploy is to either ship a vehicle to Banjul, The Gambia or alternatively buy one there. My original ploy is to drive from Ibadan but I think that logistically starting from Banjul will be better.

So is it possible for a Nigerian to drive such a vehicle into Nigeria through the border?

Also, will a regular Nigerian passport offer valid conveyance though the following countries:

The Gambia
Guinea Bissau
Guinea
Sierra Leone
Liberia
Cote d'ivoire
Ghana
Togo
Benin
Senegal
Mali
Burkina Faso
Niger

Will I need a visa for each country on a Nigerian passport?

Thanks.
Re: Question On International Road Trip by cineasta(m): 4:32am On Sep 04, 2018
That will be a stunning trip! Hope you enjoy it. You will probably need your passport, so bring it with you, then you won't have to go back home to get it back grin have a nice day
Re: Question On International Road Trip by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 04, 2018
Demeanors, please help get rid of OlaAjay551 post and all other spammers who spam this thread by reporting it to the MODS. #18 will do.

Thank you.
Re: Question On International Road Trip by Cosplay: 1:21pm On Sep 04, 2018
EgunMogaji:
As I sight down my retirement, I have dusted out my bucket list. One of the things to check off is to drive to every single African country and visit the capital.

So I have a few questions and seek intelligent answers from those in the know. I think I may eventually have to go and talk to international long haul drivers in Lagos.

My alternate ploy is to either ship a vehicle to Banjul, The Gambia or alternatively buy one there. My original ploy is to drive from Ibadan but I think that logistically starting from Banjul will be better.

So is it possible for a Nigerian to drive such a vehicle into Nigeria through the border?

Also, will a regular Nigerian passport offer valid conveyance though the following countries:

The Gambia
Guinea Bissau
Guinea
Sierra Leone
Liberia
Cote d'ivoire
Ghana
Togo
Benin
Senegal
Mali
Burkina Faso
Niger

Will I need a visa for each country on a Nigerian passport?

Thanks.

The information is a bit dated, but considering the snail speed and resistance to change that's characteristic of parts of the continent, the routes and procedures described may very well still be valid.

http://www.fabandvivien.com/traveling-through-west-africa-by-car-from-spain-over-morocco-mauretania-and-sengeal-to-gambia/

http://www.fabandvivien.com/traveling-through-west-africa-by-car-part-2-from-senegal-over-mali-burkina-faso-ghana-togo-and-benin-to-nigeria/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question On International Road Trip by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 04, 2018
Cosplay:

The information is a bit dated, but considering the snail speed and resistance to change that's characteristic of parts of the continent, the routes and procedures described may very well still be valid.

http://www.fabandvivien.com/traveling-through-west-africa-by-car-from-spain-over-morocco-mauretania-and-sengeal-to-gambia/

http://www.fabandvivien.com/traveling-through-west-africa-by-car-part-2-from-senegal-over-mali-burkina-faso-ghana-togo-and-benin-to-nigeria/

Excellent, I will go have a read.

Thank you Sir.

(1) (Reply)

Top 20 Countries With Highest Traffic Death Rates / Mazda Mpv Does Not Start After Shutting It Down / 2019 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.