Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,005 members, 7,949,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 09:30 AM

How To Setup Google Assistant On Your Android Phones. (screenshots) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Setup Google Assistant On Your Android Phones. (screenshots) (11760 Views)

Google To Replace Voice Search With Google Assistant On Android Devices / FTS 2020 MOD Apk+OBB+Data with January Transfer, Real face & Kits (Screenshots) / Don't Call and drive! Ways Google Assistant Can Keep You Safe In Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Setup Google Assistant On Your Android Phones. (screenshots) by Originality007: 8:48am On Sep 04, 2018
AlphaStyles:
bros something dy do that phone oo

Bro, nothing do the fone, someone says some Chinese fone will not allow Goggplay and Google service to be installed on them, especially ZTE fone. Any how u can help I will b glad, I just buy the fone
Re: How To Setup Google Assistant On Your Android Phones. (screenshots) by TechCapon(m): 8:55am On Sep 04, 2018
haryorbarmie83:
I love this. Just try it on my pouvoir 2, it's awesome. Thanks op
you're welcome
Re: How To Setup Google Assistant On Your Android Phones. (screenshots) by dingbang(m): 9:20am On Sep 04, 2018
melodyogonna:

What are they busy doing?
looking for ways to cheat others grin
Re: How To Setup Google Assistant On Your Android Phones. (screenshots) by Ranies(m): 9:32am On Sep 04, 2018
Good
Re: How To Setup Google Assistant On Your Android Phones. (screenshots) by AlphaStyles(m): 9:45am On Sep 04, 2018
Originality007:

Bro, nothing do the fone, someone says some Chinese fone will not allow Goggplay and Google service to be installed on them, especially ZTE fone. Any how u can help I will b glad, I just buy the fone
na waste be that oo better sell am add money go buy better android phone andriod phone wey no get google features useless
Re: How To Setup Google Assistant On Your Android Phones. (screenshots) by Molola91(f): 9:55am On Sep 04, 2018
I just set the assistant on my hot 5 and its cool. It didn't bring it out like the the mod use but if u can read clearly n understand u will set it right
Re: How To Setup Google Assistant On Your Android Phones. (screenshots) by TechCapon(m): 10:48am On Sep 04, 2018
Molola91:
I just set the assistant on my hot 5 and its cool. It didn't bring it out like the the mod use but if u can read clearly n understand u will set it right
true. The setup is sometimes different for some phones
Re: How To Setup Google Assistant On Your Android Phones. (screenshots) by Awoo88: 12:56pm On Sep 04, 2018
The thing is annoying. I have to disable my own. The thing keep popping up and interfering with other app. Very unintelligent thing

1 Like

Re: How To Setup Google Assistant On Your Android Phones. (screenshots) by Tonytonex(m): 2:23pm On Sep 04, 2018
Awoo88:
The thing is annoying. I have to disable my own. The thing keep popping up and interfering with other app. Very unintelligent thing
LOL! are you sure?
Re: How To Setup Google Assistant On Your Android Phones. (screenshots) by Oklander: 2:46pm On Sep 04, 2018
TechCapon, this is cool, I am using hot6pro too. It would be sweet if one can access the phone in sleep mode with the assistance. Like, instructing the phone to make calls or so without having to touch it.
Re: How To Setup Google Assistant On Your Android Phones. (screenshots) by Awoo88: 2:51pm On Sep 04, 2018
Tonytonex:
LOL! are you sure?
Yes oo. Very annoying. I will be playing music jejelyooo. The thing will just be increasing or decreasing volume anyhow. Some it will stop the music. At time, you will be browsing and the thing will pop up asking if u need assistance
Re: How To Setup Google Assistant On Your Android Phones. (screenshots) by Awoo88: 2:52pm On Sep 04, 2018
Tonytonex:
LOL! are you sure?
Yes oo. Very annoying. I will be playing music jejelyooo. The thing will just be increasing or decreasing volume anyhow. Some it will stop the music. At time, you will be browsing and the thing will pop up asking if u need assistance. If it is a one off time, it will be bearable. In one hour, you can have more than 20 interruptions
Re: How To Setup Google Assistant On Your Android Phones. (screenshots) by TechCapon(m): 3:17pm On Sep 04, 2018
Oklander:
TechCapon, this is cool, I am using hot6pro too. It would be sweet if one can access the phone in sleep mode with the assistance. Like, instructing the phone to make calls or so without having to touch it.
exactly. I'm planning to swap my hot 6 pro at slots. I need a phone that can play heavy games.
Re: How To Setup Google Assistant On Your Android Phones. (screenshots) by Oklander: 3:54pm On Sep 04, 2018
TechCapon:
exactly. I'm planning to swap my hot 6 pro at slots. I need a phone that can play heavy games.
Xiaomi would make sense, but I doubt if they have at slots!
Re: How To Setup Google Assistant On Your Android Phones. (screenshots) by TechCapon(m): 4:16pm On Sep 04, 2018
Oklander:
Xiaomi would make sense, but I doubt if they have at slots!
yeah. Too bad they don't give cash
Re: How To Setup Google Assistant On Your Android Phones. (screenshots) by Tonytonex(m): 10:47pm On Sep 04, 2018
Awoo88:

Yes oo. Very annoying. I will be playing music jejelyooo. The thing will just be increasing or decreasing volume anyhow. Some it will stop the music. At time, you will be browsing and the thing will pop up asking if u need assistance. If it is a one off time, it will be bearable. In one hour, you can have more than 20 interruptions
hmm! that's very serious oh! l hate such things.
Re: How To Setup Google Assistant On Your Android Phones. (screenshots) by Marshall2010: 2:02pm On Sep 05, 2018
Wow I just try it just now very good
Re: How To Setup Google Assistant On Your Android Phones. (screenshots) by skedy1(m): 10:04am On Sep 06, 2018
TechCapon:
you can try it right now.. Just try it cheesy
I cancelled my first attempt to set it up, what do I do?
cos the set up is not coming up again, it's rather taking me directly to the lady's voice
Re: How To Setup Google Assistant On Your Android Phones. (screenshots) by Ejadike(m): 6:24pm On Sep 07, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

Google assistant is a virtual assistant powered by artificial intelligent but developed by Google which is available on cars, smart home devices and smartphone. Google Assistant can engage in two-way conversations by asking you questions and you tell it what to do for you. It was deployed on Android phones in February 2017. You can interact with Google assistant using your natural voice or keyboard input but natural voice is better and fun. I observed that a lot of people are not using the function mostly because they’re not even aware it exists on their smartphones or they don’t know how to activate it. In this post I will be sharing screenshots on how to activate Google assistant on your phone. In order for you to activate it, you should be sure your device supports the feature. Supported android phones include all phones running on Marshmallow and above although I observed some devices running on Lollipop also supports it. This screenshots were taken on my Infinix Hot 6 Pro.

Step One: Launch Google Assistant by turning ON your data connection and holding down the home button for 2 seconds

2. In the next step, you’ll see “let your assistant use what’s on your screen”, toggle it ON and Click “NEXT” as shown below.

3. “Access your assistant with voice match” page pops up, just click on “Get started” button on the bottom right continue and move to the next step.

4. Give permission to the Google assistant by clicking “Turn ON”

5. Welcome to your Google Assistant ! You will hear a nice female voice calling your name and welcoming you. All you need at this point is tell it what to do and she will do it. Below is a list of options like making a call, playing a game, cracking jokes, etc. It is very a smart feature.

6. Below is the conversation I had with my Google Assistant using my voice. I just told it to make me laugh and it told me a joke. I also told it to call Blessing from my contact list and it did just that !

7. I told it to open Nairaland forum, it open it via my Chrome browser, I also asked for movies and it showed me some of the movies showing in Port Harcourt cinemas (I wonder how it knew I'm in Port Harcourt) grin grin. If you want to explore more beautiful options, click the sign on the top right corner. To use keyboard instead of voice. Just click the keyboard sign at the bottom left corner.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/how-to-setup-google-assistant-on-your-android-phones-screenshots/

I greet you Chief. I tried this on my TECNO K7 but didn't work. I held on the home button for more than a minute but nothing came out. What will I do now please?
Re: How To Setup Google Assistant On Your Android Phones. (screenshots) by TechCapon(m): 7:41pm On Sep 07, 2018
Ejadike:
I greet you Chief. I tried this on my TECNO K7 but didn't work. I held on the home button for more than a minute but nothing came out. What will I do now please?
what Android version are you on?
Re: How To Setup Google Assistant On Your Android Phones. (screenshots) by Ejadike(m): 7:54pm On Sep 07, 2018
TechCapon:
what Android version are you on?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Of These Pics U Fit Take Do Wallpaper 4 Ur Phone / Tecno Gives Scholarships To Primary School Pupils / Tenco L9+ Or Spark K9 Which One Should I Buy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.